Ardent Health Services

Ardent Health Services Employee Reviews

United States74 reviews

healthopportunityyearbenefitenvironmentexperiencecompanyplace

stable workplace

A pretty stable workplace in a very small town. the local people eat in the hospital cafeteria but everyone is fairly kind and there isnt any drama...

What is the best part of working at the company?A paycheckWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dishonest What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Untrustworthy What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long and tiring

Ardent Health Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great local culture, corporate policies and direction does not always align with local market

Great place with great coworkers. Real family atmosphere, most employees demonstrated that they care about the patients we serve. Corporate policies and implementation of new policies, equipment, software, etc. not always communicated well before being rolled out. Some things implemented by corporate do not fit local site. For example pharmacy does more than just dispense medications, yet pharmacy budget is based off of doses dispensed.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Corporate seems out of touch

October 17, 2022
Thank you for your review! We appreciate it. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time working with us. If you would like to provide further feedback, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

lll

great place to work, people are nice, hours are great, if you get sick they understand. Work and life valance is good. Compensation is fair compered to other.

October 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Your feedback is valuable to us.

What is a Cinic Manager Good For???

When you come to work, you come to do your job. That was not always the case. I was doing another job, other people from the front was doing other jobs. Jobs that should have been completed by clinic manager. I would be there 99% of the time before most of the clinic. Then I would leave very late in the evening.Nothing was ever done correctly. I have been in that position before. No writeups, no counciling, nothing. It was a joke!!!!

Pros

Breakfast, lunches, some what great emeployees

Cons

no structure, bullies

October 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide a positive and supportive work environment, where you can grow personally and professionally. If you would like to provide further feedback, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

Great benefits, no room for growth, flexible hours.

great benefits, no room for growth, flexible hours. Care manager position is a busy position that gives you the time to actually get to know and help your patients.

July 26, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are continuously striving to improve our employee experience. If you would like to share additional information, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

Productive and fun place to work

The best part of my job is great benefits and flexibility. This is the best Administration I have ever worked for. I have worked for this company for 19 years.

July 26, 2022
Thank you for your review! We appreciate it. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your time working with us.

Rma

Wages here are horrendous. People have been here for years and you are only worth a 2% increase IF you are lucky. Usual clinic type issues, front office vs. the back office, and in my clinic the front office always wins. Clinical MA's are constantly getting in trouble due to no CLEAR policies or training. If you try to transfer out, you have to be here at least 6 months, if you want to leave the clinic and go to a bigger facility, you now have to wait a year....appointments are every 15 minutes. No good patient care can happen in 15 minutes. I personally would look somewhere where you can feel appreciated.

June 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to provide an environment where our employees feel valued. If you would like to provide further feedback, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

Great Team

Great team and benefits. Very flexible schedule. Given opportunity to increase knowledge base. Company is in growth mode which can mean more hours and low bandwidth.

June 1, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team! We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Great place to work and learn

I had hoped to retire here but I was laid off otherwise I would have stayed. Great work environment. I was worked with, seen and heard by management. I learned a lot from supportive coworkers. Excellent place to work I miss it every day.

Pros

Great management, supportive coworkers

June 1, 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing feedback from past and current employees.

Low morale amongst nursing staff, poor wages for CNA/PCTs

PMC owned by Ardent has been my workplace for several years. In those years I've managed to gain less than $2/hr increase in pay. As a PCT I assist with patient care, nursing duties, clerical work, 1:1 sitter assignments etc. PCT is not an easy job by any means, but can be rewarding, especially when you have a good team to work with. Pay for PCTs is abysmal, typically paying less than entry level jobs in the area that do not require any additional certifications or training.

June 6, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable. If you would like to provide further information about your experience, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

Great company to work for!

Overall extremely happy working for Ardent. Been here 6 years, have loved every minute. management very responsive, afford you autonomy, flexibility and reasonable productivity expectations. They provide constant education so you can continue to grow in your field. They allow you to work remotely.

Pros

autonomy, flexibility, education

Cons

no certification/tuition reimbursement

June 6, 2022
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your positive work experience.

Average place to work for

You have to understand, the health care business is geared towards folks that support health care not IT. They often forget without data, a database and programers plus DBAs they can't meet the needs of the public. Don't think you be recognized for the long hours you put in.

Productive and fun place to work

A great place to work. It's very flexible and you can make up your time if your off. I like the resources you have with other coder's if you have questions.

June 6, 2022

Good work life balance and friendly coworkers.

Great people -centered culture working toward the mission of supporting people. Leadership cares about the wellbeing of employees as well as the wellbeing of our patients.

June 6, 2022
Thank you for your kind review! We pride ourselves on our company culture and the quality of care we provide to our patients.

It was just ok.

Benefits decent but salary was trash. Depending on the market you're assigned the workload could be a large amount. Some managers are micromanagers and petty.

June 6, 2022

Good ot good management good benefits awesome crew ok the time to get to know you and show you how things should be done would suggest this job to anyone it’s a great place to start a good career

Pros

Long lunch good pay

Cons

Short assignments

Very positive atmosphere

I enjoy the hours I work through out the week very much and the amount of PTO I get. The people I work with are very easy to get along with and the doctor is very kind.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Pay

June 6, 2022

Poor management and workplace harassment

Barely any management done currently and lots of gossip, bullying, and harassment in the work place mainly in the emergency department. Pay was poor but there were some good people working in a bad environment.

June 6, 2022
Your feedback is valuable to us. If you would like to share additional information, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

One of the worst professional experiences of my life

Ardent Health is a 3rd party contractor for hospitals. They gave me and several others the job as trainers for medical systems and held us out on a line two weeks before telling the new hires collectively that the hospital ‘cancelled the contract with no notice.’ The recruiter promised to consider me for other opportunities and encouraged me to apply, only to explicitly deny me later for any and all other positions advertised through indeed with no explanation or correspondence. Genuinely the most unprofessional experience I’ve ever had- please do not waste your time with this company.

June 6, 2022
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We will share with leadership. If you would like to provide further feedback, please email ardentcareers@ardenthealth.com.

Stable Company, Good Benefits

They are a solid, well manged company. There is a lot of talk about the their plans to go public which may change the environment. I have seen a lot of jobs being outsourced which is a concern.

Pros

Good work/life balance. Benefits are competitive. Fair salary.

Cons

A lot of politics and in-fighting in middle management, Salary increases (in my department) are not based on performance, politics and in fighting in middle management created stressmong

June 6, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight