Ardent Mills Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Broken culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2018
Worthless training and fellow employees would stab you in the back. Thanks to the poisoned culture every department would blame another department for any problems.
Pros
All the hours to want to work
Cons
Work life balance
A company committed with their customers and employees.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 27, 2018
As a manufacturing facility with three different business segments, delivering bulks and packed products, with more than ten pack lines, there was no time to get bore. Managing mores than 73 employees, exempts and hourly, I have to say that I enjoyed every day because there was always something different to work with. At the end you can see that there is a lot of committed employees and management.
Decent Company Poor Management
Pack Leader (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSJuly 21, 2018
If you don't have a family this job is pretty good. Shift changes are treacherous. Management lacks in following through with discipline and monthly meetings.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
Weather, management, employees, shift change
Hard work
Production Scheduler / Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 11, 2018
As a production scheduler I spent a lot of hours of my personal time handling late orders or transportation breakdowns. Other than that I work for a great manager who allowed me to take ownership of department.
Pros
free lunches and travel
Cons
work hours
Fun
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 29, 2018
Really enjoyed working there, senior management were really cool. Also enjoyed the Christmas vacations . The culture needed some attention. Overall ok place to work.
because its required
Shift Miller (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 27, 2018
Ardent Mills is a good place to work. well, that is until you become a shift worker. once that happens you live at work and work at home, meaning, you spend more time at work then you do at home. please don't mistake my words. I love it here, I love my job, my manager is amazing, the pay could be better but its good enough for me. the thing is, I just can't stand the hours. every week, yep, (EVERY WEEK) you rotate from graveyard one week to swing the next week and to mornings the week after. after 5 years of this, I'm tired of being a walking zombie.
Pros
fairly paid, benefits are good, company picnicks
Cons
I'm never home enough to bond with my children
Great place
current employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2018
Great place to work - great benefits. Not much room for advancement. Each team is different which causes mixed reviews. I have a great team and great boss to work for who cares about people.
It was a great place to work when I was there and I love my job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 17, 2018
I have no more to say but you know anyone that would like to work there is a great place to work and have a family because it is a family place to work
Good
Bulk Loader (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NDMay 21, 2018
Ardent Mills is a great company to work for. I enjoy the people that work for Ardent Mills, as they become like family. The vacation time is also great! The shifting hours are not the most fun though.
Working at Ardent Mills
Flour blender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Union facility, all jobs by seniority and have to be bid for.There are different facilities to work at .There are paid holidays and earned vacation time.
Pros
Overtime if you like
Cons
Short breaks, very busy job
fast past
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, ORApril 26, 2018
Honestly, I had a difficult time working here, it was a very physically demanding job. The people were very nice, but I probably wouldn't recommend this position to someone who isn't physically "in-shape."
Great learning experience
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNApril 11, 2018
As a quality assurance intern, I learned a great deal about the industry and its regulations. My manager also provided me with plenty of projects that developed my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Travel
Cons
50+ work weeks if working in plant.
Flour mill
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rush City, MNMarch 21, 2018
They are good people to get along with. It’s not bad work as long as you don’t mind coming home smelling like bread flour or being dusty. Clean, well run mill with lots of stairs. It’s a flour mill that’s been around for decades and continues to do well. Has a smaller crew so it was easy to get to know others.
Pros
Set schedule, overtime, benefits
Poor management
Utility/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2018
Management discriminate against blacks, there's no leadership role with any African-American no matter how long you've been there.
If you have to report to management about your concerns and you are a African American, it's just like you're talking to yourself it's useless.
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Only certain departments work overtime
Wonderful work atmosphere
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 13, 2018
The staff and people are great. This is a great family oriented place and the pay is excellent and so are the benefits. It is a stable work environment with excellent supervisors.
kinda stressful
Pack Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 25, 2018
machines don't run good on fast pace ; needs up dating !!!! maintenance needs to learn the machines and be able to fix them without the operators knowing more than they do! I m an operator on the machines and i can fix them better and faster than maintenance!
Locations differ greatly, as does the job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Each location differs in culture, work-life balance, and management. Some plants offer better opportunities than others. Moving is expected every few years for management, there's typically low trust in management because the turnover is high in workers eyes. Fresh college students run into a lot of challenges and typically the time commitment is going to be higher than any job they've had before. For those willing to spend a lot of hours at work and thinking about work then this is a good company for you. If you are looking to put in your 40 hrs/week then not think about work outside of that, look elsewhere. Floor workers are typically paid fairly (depends on location again), and treated fairly. There are the occasions where short staffing leads to a lot of overtime. Regular overtime for both management (salaried) and workers.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement, Easy job
Cons
Regular Relocation, Long Hours, On Call 24/7, Physically and Mentally Demanding
flower dry and wet
Warehouse Associate miller (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 28, 2018
There were flower every where. hard work pulling bucket full of flower around 60 to 70 pounds. floors and one small stair way. dog eat dog. a lot of fake smile and hello.
I was hired with no experience and given hands on training.
Sanitation & Flour Packer & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The position paid well. It was good learning experience. I was trained on a few things I had not done before. It was a fast pace environment with a continuous flow.
Good people
Senior Midwest Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2018
Good people great place to work love the traveling with the group of guys that I work with and the places we went in the Mills that we fix and the people in The Mills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Mills. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight