Ardent Mills Employee Reviews

Good benefits, fast paced job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 24, 2018
Depending on the position you have is how much work you will have. The more you know the more they expect from you with out being compensated. What its not fair is that some people get paid the same as you and are not expected to do the same job as you.Benefits are good can't complain about that. The company has good values, but the management does not follow them and it seems that they have preferences towards people.
benefits
Cons
management, not appreciated for your work
40+ plants within Ardent Mills.
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNSeptember 24, 2018
Plant I was at was 100+ years old. Employees did a great job meeting production demands and keeping the plant clean. Employees worked with safety as the #1 priority.
Pros
Employees were like family.
Cons
Mnagement and pay.
Okay place to work
Administrative manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 16, 2018
Ardent mills is a start up company that combined 3 legacy companies together. They are still developing and growing a great company. Every mill is different.
Great Company Culture
Previous Maintenance and Reliability Planner (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Great culture, reasonable compensation and overall, a decent place to work. The best part of this job was the people. Most of my team members were willing to “pitch-in” when I needed assistance, a couple seemed to be there to make the job more difficult. The management’s dedication to serving the customer’s needs was second to none.

The most difficult part of this job was getting a few of my teammates to follow simple procedures and complete the proper paperwork when taking parts. This was a daily issue and a constant battle. Upper management’s resolve for this was to go around asking people if they used any parts and recounting inventory every day. This of course was not practical. A facility that size needs a dedicated parts manager and fewer people with access to the part rooms.

The best part of this job was the opportunity learn the different types of equipment used in that industry. That and to create or revise detailed PMs/PdM
Pros
Extreme Safety Focus
Cons
Don't get hurt
Ardent Mills
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 29, 2018
Very busy. the customer comes first at all times, very demanding hours of work 12 hours every day.

problems with the mills and the, too much downtime affecting the warehouse and pack out
Its a company
QUALITY (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 17, 2018
Not the best company. No freedom for free thinking. Do what your told to do and shut up.
Nothing you do will be good enough. All feedback is negative.
Very rarely ever hear about the long hours and hard work you put in. Only the 1 in a 1000 issues that come up.
Only hear from CEO and Senior Leadership when something really bad happens or there is some new initiative rolling out that Regional management isn't going to follow anyway.
I enjoyed working with my team in the lab and enjoyed the work
Quality Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNAugust 8, 2018
On feet about 98% of time and doing multi task.
On job training, I learned a lot of lab tools and equipments; including, data entry with general office work.
Very high intense busy environment for internal/external customer services
I always loved to do quality inspection work and doing lab work. Including to have that ability to move around a lot and enjoyed customer services.
Pros
Free offered of fitbit and uniforms. Also company events.
Cons
Not enough job security
Broken culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2018
Worthless training and fellow employees would stab you in the back. Thanks to the poisoned culture every department would blame another department for any problems.
Pros
All the hours to want to work
Cons
Work life balance
A company committed with their customers and employees.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 27, 2018
As a manufacturing facility with three different business segments, delivering bulks and packed products, with more than ten pack lines, there was no time to get bore. Managing mores than 73 employees, exempts and hourly, I have to say that I enjoyed every day because there was always something different to work with. At the end you can see that there is a lot of committed employees and management.
Decent Company Poor Management
Pack Leader (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSJuly 21, 2018
If you don't have a family this job is pretty good. Shift changes are treacherous. Management lacks in following through with discipline and monthly meetings.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
Weather, management, employees, shift change
Hard work
Production Scheduler / Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 11, 2018
As a production scheduler I spent a lot of hours of my personal time handling late orders or transportation breakdowns. Other than that I work for a great manager who allowed me to take ownership of department.
Pros
free lunches and travel
Cons
work hours
Fun
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 29, 2018
Really enjoyed working there, senior management were really cool. Also enjoyed the Christmas vacations . The culture needed some attention. Overall ok place to work.
because its required
Shift Miller (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 27, 2018
Ardent Mills is a good place to work. well, that is until you become a shift worker. once that happens you live at work and work at home, meaning, you spend more time at work then you do at home. please don't mistake my words. I love it here, I love my job, my manager is amazing, the pay could be better but its good enough for me. the thing is, I just can't stand the hours. every week, yep, (EVERY WEEK) you rotate from graveyard one week to swing the next week and to mornings the week after. after 5 years of this, I'm tired of being a walking zombie.
Pros
fairly paid, benefits are good, company picnicks
Cons
I'm never home enough to bond with my children
Great place
current employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2018
Great place to work - great benefits. Not much room for advancement. Each team is different which causes mixed reviews. I have a great team and great boss to work for who cares about people.
It was a great place to work when I was there and I love my job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 17, 2018
I have no more to say but you know anyone that would like to work there is a great place to work and have a family because it is a family place to work
Good
Bulk Loader (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NDMay 21, 2018
Ardent Mills is a great company to work for. I enjoy the people that work for Ardent Mills, as they become like family. The vacation time is also great! The shifting hours are not the most fun though.
Working at Ardent Mills
Flour blender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Union facility, all jobs by seniority and have to be bid for.There are different facilities to work at .There are paid holidays and earned vacation time.
Pros
Overtime if you like
Cons
Short breaks, very busy job
fast past
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, ORApril 26, 2018
Honestly, I had a difficult time working here, it was a very physically demanding job. The people were very nice, but I probably wouldn't recommend this position to someone who isn't physically "in-shape."
Great learning experience
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNApril 11, 2018
As a quality assurance intern, I learned a great deal about the industry and its regulations. My manager also provided me with plenty of projects that developed my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Travel
Cons
50+ work weeks if working in plant.
Flour mill
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rush City, MNMarch 21, 2018
They are good people to get along with. It’s not bad work as long as you don’t mind coming home smelling like bread flour or being dusty. Clean, well run mill with lots of stairs. It’s a flour mill that’s been around for decades and continues to do well. Has a smaller crew so it was easy to get to know others.
Pros
Set schedule, overtime, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Mills. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight