Ardent Mills Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was a great place to work when I was there and I love my job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 17, 2018
I have no more to say but you know anyone that would like to work there is a great place to work and have a family because it is a family place to work
Working at Ardent Mills
Flour blender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Union facility, all jobs by seniority and have to be bid for.There are different facilities to work at .There are paid holidays and earned vacation time.
Pros
Overtime if you like
Cons
Short breaks, very busy job
fast past
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, ORApril 26, 2018
Honestly, I had a difficult time working here, it was a very physically demanding job. The people were very nice, but I probably wouldn't recommend this position to someone who isn't physically "in-shape."
Great learning experience
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNApril 11, 2018
As a quality assurance intern, I learned a great deal about the industry and its regulations. My manager also provided me with plenty of projects that developed my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Travel
Cons
50+ work weeks if working in plant.
Flour mill
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rush City, MNMarch 21, 2018
They are good people to get along with. It’s not bad work as long as you don’t mind coming home smelling like bread flour or being dusty. Clean, well run mill with lots of stairs. It’s a flour mill that’s been around for decades and continues to do well. Has a smaller crew so it was easy to get to know others.
Pros
Set schedule, overtime, benefits
Poor management
Utility/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2018
Management discriminate against blacks, there's no leadership role with any African-American no matter how long you've been there.
If you have to report to management about your concerns and you are a African American, it's just like you're talking to yourself it's useless.
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Only certain departments work overtime
Wonderful work atmosphere
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 13, 2018
The staff and people are great. This is a great family oriented place and the pay is excellent and so are the benefits. It is a stable work environment with excellent supervisors.
kinda stressful
Pack Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 25, 2018
machines don't run good on fast pace ; needs up dating !!!! maintenance needs to learn the machines and be able to fix them without the operators knowing more than they do! I m an operator on the machines and i can fix them better and faster than maintenance!
Locations differ greatly, as does the job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Each location differs in culture, work-life balance, and management. Some plants offer better opportunities than others. Moving is expected every few years for management, there's typically low trust in management because the turnover is high in workers eyes. Fresh college students run into a lot of challenges and typically the time commitment is going to be higher than any job they've had before. For those willing to spend a lot of hours at work and thinking about work then this is a good company for you. If you are looking to put in your 40 hrs/week then not think about work outside of that, look elsewhere. Floor workers are typically paid fairly (depends on location again), and treated fairly. There are the occasions where short staffing leads to a lot of overtime. Regular overtime for both management (salaried) and workers.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement, Easy job
Cons
Regular Relocation, Long Hours, On Call 24/7, Physically and Mentally Demanding
flower dry and wet
Warehouse Associate miller (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 28, 2018
There were flower every where. hard work pulling bucket full of flower around 60 to 70 pounds. floors and one small stair way. dog eat dog. a lot of fake smile and hello.
I was hired with no experience and given hands on training.
Sanitation & Flour Packer & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The position paid well. It was good learning experience. I was trained on a few things I had not done before. It was a fast pace environment with a continuous flow.
Good people
Senior Midwest Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2018
Good people great place to work love the traveling with the group of guys that I work with and the places we went in the Mills that we fix and the people in The Mills
SQL Server Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2018
Nice work culture
Peaceful environment
New technologies
Not good benfits
Travel is considerable across the Mills
Average m nagement
Great pay, must be willing to relocate if management
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 7, 2018
Great salary and benefits. Must be willing to relocate if within management. Good people throughout the company, with a strong drive to go above and beyond the minimum requirements.
decent
Bulk Loader (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 2, 2018
very good pay. lack of time off due to low staffing. did not have a life outside of work because it was always mandatory overtime at random times. poor management
My time at Ardent Mills
o Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2018
When I got to Ardent Mills, the new company, which came about by 3 companies merging together, was just starting out. over the year I was there it came to be more settled and more productive.
I learned to be more agile that I thought I could be and to "roll with it" a lot of the time.
Productive and fast paced
Manufacturing Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2017
12 hours shifts, your schedule changes weekly, fast paced job, great benefits, great experience in manufacturing, trailers loaded daily, flour and wheat samples, and maintenance duties
Pros
Free lunch on dayshift usually on certain times of the month
Cons
Schedule changes weekly, no work/life balance
Flour production
Load-out / Blender (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PA 18344November 11, 2017
I learned a lot at Ardent Mills about, grain and flour production.I made a lot of good friends their and had a great time working for them.I started out as utility work cleaning up the floors and area of lose dirty flour.But after a couple months moved right in to a great position as loader/blender.
Work here if you hate your life and family
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLOctober 27, 2017
Will tell you your starting pay is $14.72 a hr then will try to make you start thru a temp agency starting at 11.50 hr which is slavery, company has no leadership and is a bunch of liar,and doesn't mind leaving bugs in the flour making process.
Pros
Do not apply
Na
Team Leader, Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2017
The days are very busy and there is no typical day. Great benefits and PTO. Sometimes management doesn't have their own opinion as they listen to much to others to create their opinion.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Mills. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight