Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hardest part of job was the harassment
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Paris, ARAugust 20, 2019
I enjoyed wprking there. There was good and bad days. Just like anywhere else although I wasnt getting the hours I was needing. Which is why I had to go to a different job but other than that I liked the job for the most part.
September 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience. I’m glad you enjoyed the job and I’m sorry you were not able to work the hours needed. I hope you spoke to your supervisor before making your decision to leave because the company does allow full time work for HHAs. The company is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. The company prohibits any harassment and promotes equal employment opportunities and the right to work in a professional atmosphere.

Area Agency on Aging is more focused on the quanity of patients on the book than on their HHAs having the quality time for their clients.
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 2, 2019
Bottom line is that the patients care falls second behind the billing hours for the company. That's why I left. Its hard to see your clients suffer because they are not getting the time they need with you.
August 12, 2019

Thank you for providing care to our patients and I’m sorry you are no longer with the company. Patient care is our top priority but unfortunately we do not determine the number of hours our patients receive each month. Their hours are based off an assessment provided by a source outside of our organization.

Enjoyable
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 30, 2019
I love working with ones that really does need help in every day activaty. Its hands on free learning. You meet new faces and you fall in love with how thwy are.
Rewarding job with great support
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 15, 2019
The home health aide class is provided by the company and they pay you while in class! They also provided free CPR/First Aid training! My supervisor is great and provides guidance when I need it. The work environment is positive with room for advancement. Great place to work!
Pros
Great supervisor, paid training
Fun, Flexible place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 2, 2019
Very Flexible Schedule place to work. I work a split shift. They have straight shifts and flexible shifts. It works very well for me. They also have benefits for full time drivers.
Pros
Great Supervisor for transportation
Cons
Sitting for long hours
Great company with amazing people!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 1, 2019
The people I work with are absolutely fantastic! Everyone is friendly and fun. It's great to work for a company that can help provide needed services to our community.
Pros
Excellent PTO, fair wages
Enjoyable, Friendly place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 28, 2019
I really enjoy my time at the agency. Supervisors are kind and understanding. I love the Monday thru Friday work hours. I have the nights and weekends to myself. I do not bring work home with me.
Pros
Great Staff
Great people
Support Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 24, 2019
Work environment was great. Friendly atmosphere, but Management does not do a good job of staying on top of projections and have a vision. Stuck in a rut and took a lot of things for granted which will probably cause the end of the company.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Poor financial management
August 12, 2019

poor leadership
Vice President of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 23, 2019
Poor leadership. Many departments were occupied by untrained staff. Poor communication lines. Poor communication with staff who work in outer offices.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
A lot of untrained staff in corporate office
Very stressful
Alot of them (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 7, 2019
You never know when your last day will be. You are just an employee number, unless you kiss butt and suck up to the right people.... you have to make friends with the right people. But. There is still alot of backstabbing from everyone, the higher up management is involed in being shady.... if someone is having a bad day or just doesnt like you. They can tell lies to management and/or HR, and they tell you that something was brought to their attention and you get reprimanded...you never know who said it and they dont care about the truth, working for AAA is like Middle School always drama going on. They lie to your face. It is not a healthy place to work unless you fit into the clicks and every floor has them.. i will not say how long I worked for AAA, but, it was many years... my advice is if you can go elsewhere, then do it..... Thanks
Pros
Works well with family time needed
Cons
Everything you can think of!!!
Fun
In-home Secretary (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 26, 2019
Very fun place to work. A tight nipped group. Very friendly and hard working. Would recommend to others to work there. Great benefits and ok pay. Very rewarding
Use this company as last resort job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort SmithMarch 25, 2019
AAA does not care for their employees or clients. You have to pray with the leader even if your faith is something different amazing since they accept federal and state money. You are expendable remember that if you work there unless you are a relative of management, then allowed to do what you want, really who is going to complain about the boss's son or daughter. If you do not click with the management they start the documentation procedure to let you go. Really stressful environment, favorites reign supreme. HR is only on the side of the company!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stressful work enviroment, lots of deadlines, expected to get them done in an unreasonable time frame
Horrible
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARMarch 14, 2019
Dont eve work for area agency
They lie and cheet you
They dont keep there word
They also are bad about not paying your mileage when your full time and they told you you would get it nope
They pick favorites so dont ever work here work for prn or somewgere else not aaa
Fun and Clean Work Invirment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, ARFebruary 12, 2019
I love working here
They always are nice and very flexable
They work w u when u need days off
They work w u when u need to move a clients to another day
Meeting great clients and able to do your job with out someone looking over your shoulder.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 18, 2019
The hardest part is walking into a strangers home and not knowing what to expect. Management is all about themselves. Constantly worried about not getting enough aids to work for them and when they do have enough aids, for some unknown reason they leave shortly after. I meet new clients and listen to them telling their stories. That is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunch once every three months.
Cons
To much traveling, not getting correct mileage, lack of proper equipment to do your job and forced to use clients equipment.
Enjoy the People
Meals on Wheels Driver (Current Employee) –  Flippin, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Enjoy the work place and adding a smile to the day. This place is more like family than Co-Workers. Every day is different. Great attitudes and relaxed stress free atmosphere.
Driven
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waldron, ARSeptember 25, 2018
I very much enjoy my time at area agency. My supervisor is exemplary. I love my job because it’s like working with family. We’re not overwhelmed with work but instead given a reasonable amount.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The most rewardsble part of the job is the patients.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARSeptember 16, 2018
Enjoy working with and providing a safe and happy environment for each patient assisting them with daily activities that help to build their confidence and self esteem.
Cons
Pay too low
Fun and dynamic place to work with friendly people!
Attendant Care (bus aide) (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 16, 2018
My time working for Area Agency On Aging has helped me focus on the children and their needs as well as taking into consideration, the requirements of the driver. I have worked with four different drivers due to turnover in drivers,and have gotten along well with each of them, always working cooperatively to get the job done!
Pros
Transportation.
Cons
No paid time off.
Great place
Health aide (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 5, 2018
I loved it very much.it was very relaxing and very much fun to work with disabled people. The hours wasn't great at all. They give you only 4 hours per day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas, Inc. Reviews by Location