Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
3.3Job Security & Advancement
I worked for Area Agency on Ageing of West Michigan But I worked at Kent County DHHS
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49525October 12, 2017
I worked at Kent County DHHS as an Eligibility Specialist. I worked 20 Hrs a week. I helped Clients get all information in the computer and ready to process so the could get the help need to get assistance. I learned to use the langue line.This is for clients who do not speak english you call the interpreter line and they translate for you. Very Helpful.The People I worked with were helpful especially when Clients would get out of hand or argumentative they come and step in and help with the Client to see if they can help them under stand why things have to be done by the laws of the State we can't just do what they want. Knowing i can do something to help something to help someone is the greatest feeling at the end of the day.
Pros
I worked with great people and new i was helping oters.
Cons
Clients with attiude
Like a second family
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 2, 2017
Love working with the elderly. Agency takes good care of their employees. Do assessments, write reports, make recommendations, arrange services, obtain equipment, help with paperwork, monitor cases for success.
Pros
Care managers make their own schedules and work from home. Much more productive than office work.
Cons
State of Michigan tends to change the rules and expectations continuously
Job duties at Association For The Blind And Vissually Impaired
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 6, 2016
My host sight is at Association For The Blind And Visually Impaired. I have learned answering the phone and directing the call to the right person. I do some sales and use a touch cash register. I am responsible for making copies, faxing, and mail. I am also responsible for filing. I am in the process of learning data entry. I enjoy being busy at work. I enjoy seeing the customers leave satisfied, it shows me that we did our job well. I get along with co-workers.
Professional work environment with important goals and ideals
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 19, 2015
Friendly work place atmosphere.
Working for this company meant you knew that you were helping others help the company to achieve it's main objective, helping Seniors stay in their homes instead of having to move to nursing homes.
They valued training for employees and made sure that you received the training that they viewed as important.
Colleagues were usually patient and realistic in their expectations of how quickly and to what degree work could be accomplished.
Pros
Smaller company with more family type atmosphere
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
A great place to work for with great people.
Maintenance/Custodian Title V Program (temporary) (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 2, 2012
I assist seniors with getting sign-up with government for repairs to their home.
Pros
good hours, flexible works days
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan, Inc. Reviews by Location