Area Storage and Transfer Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Power Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed using the company gym. They also frequently would buy lunch for the entire office when big project would be complete and around holidays. Overall great job!
nice work and solid contract
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 12, 2019
Been here for 4 years and stable. I do my job and go home. I request off within reasonable amnt of time & no problems. Would like to see driver comunicating more but working on it I guess.

Benefits are solid just like anywhere & never have issues requesting time off.
Pros
usps contract loads
Cons
no driver room for communication
Good Mail contractor
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 28, 2019
Doing this PT for a few years and seasonal for them and I must say they got a good offce crew now and communication is getting better. you get thanked and reconized at times. excellent wages and not far from my home or my other job. would be nice if they had a driver room probally would help on communicating. overall pretty satisfied.
Didn't like calling in for my schedule but texting is okay. Would rather have it out on the same day every week. Told they're working on that. Also they allow you to stop in or call whenever you need something someone there usually all night long I believe. so that is helpfull to us drivers and appreciated.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
no driver room for communicating
Stressfull and stay away find a better place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Find a better place to work. Equipment is pretty old with safety issues. Management jas lack of professionalism. They force you to have 401k which 401K is absoluttely volunter decision .
Worked here for years would of been a good company if you had one boss and not ten
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 2, 2019
Worked here 12 years put up with it all bad trucks bad management took vacation came back to no work after 12 years of 70 hrs a week and never called off work no speeding or accidents ever and this is how they treat loyal workers because you took your vacation if you want to see how they are look at there Facebook page last update about there employees was in 2016 wow what a nice company to work for maybe it has to do with management !!!!
Pros
Usps
Cons
AST management
Bad company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 20, 2018
Filthy trucks,old equipment,management doesn’t have a clue..I worked there long time.. new management came in I had to leave..don’t waste your time they don’t care about drivers even tho we make all their salaries for them
Pros
Cons
Look above
Class A Driver
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 26, 2018
I’ve been here since MT transportation had the account with the mail. Drivers beware, bad equipment,
Bad management and bad dispatchers, you are asked to work over your hours but when your pay check comes it doesn’t match your hours of service.
You have to keep great stats on your hours and payroll,
This use to be the job to have and this company has made it the worst job on Long Island, drivers beware don’t trust anything that dispatchers say to you.
If I was in charge I would firer all of the dispatchers,
They know nothing about trucking, they couldn’t get a job at McDonald’s. So go somewhere else, you will thank me later, stay away and run away,

Experience Driver
Pros
US Mail
Cons
Management, dispatchers, equipment
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 22, 2018
Great company. easy work, don't have to lift any freight, just roll off carts on some routes. Family friendly company. They try to be accommodating if you need time off. Good pay and good benefits. pay is based on the contract with USPS but if they renegotiate contract periodically the pay goes up. They are good about fixing tractors if anything is wrong, you just have to tell them. They have bonuses and stuff for different things. They do care about their employees which makes it nice.
Pros
Benefits - 401K, Health ins, dental vision
Cons
company does not match contributions to 401 K
Fast Paced
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYDecember 11, 2017
Fast Paced Usmail very Time conscience ,Night Shift was brutal,if you are not as nocturnal,
work hours can be long during holidays
can start at different times in the evening until they give you routine runs
most of all the work is at Night from 8pm-8am
Awful
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 22, 2017
Don’t waste your time here, find better place to work. Equipment was oldest in industry. Match your hours with your pay check. You will be tell to go over 14 hours almost every day.
Cons

Want to know more about Area Storage and Transfer?

Ask a question
work inedpendently
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Move mail between Cleveland and distribution centers given schedule and your responsibility to insure mail gets to correct destination in a timely manner. Work independently within company guidelines
Pros
work independently
Cons
work hours
Challenging and interesting place to work.
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 15, 2017
Very interesting place to work, many challenges daily. Enjoyed the coworkers and the work environment. Enjoyed working accounting and with vendors. Enjoyed the reconciling of accounts and making progress with managing all the accounts.
Pros
Hours were leanient
Cons
Distance from home. But even that wasnt really an issue.
Assignments are always directly giving to you in good time
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJune 20, 2017
Well orchestrated company , with business ties worldwide very good company to work for . Assignments are always directly giving to you in good time allotted before shift starts
Pros
Safety bonuses
Cons
N/a
poor place to work
Lead Driver/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMarch 20, 2017
I would not recommend this as a place for long term employment. It is not a worker friendly environment. It also has poor quality equipment both from the company and their cutomers.
Fast pace and stressful at times
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 1, 2017
It is a nice place to work but sometimes gets a little crazy. The equipment could be beter most of is old but maintaiined. It is mostly all night shift shuddles.
Lots of promises, no delivery
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 26, 2017
As a USPS contractor Area is always understaffed and you are told by upper management to lie to the customer. Responsibilities include getting deliveries out on time when you do not have the staff to cover the schedule.
Pros
No direct supervision
Cons
Everything else
ease job,good pay
Semi Truck Driver deliving truck loads of mail (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA I work out of cincinnati, ohJuly 30, 2014
Work times vary, be in truck signed in on computer & inspect truck. Be ready to leave on time. Give yourself time to do the job safely.
Management works good with the drivers, it takes a team effort to get the job done. I've seen no I in team.
Co-workers good people for the most part.
Hardest part driving in bad weather. not be home when you need to be for the family.
Most enjoyable part is dry roads, sunshine, a good radio & most of all no dispatcher calling .
Pros
good people to work for & with
Cons
driving over the road not being home a lot, bad truckstop food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Area Storage and Transfer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8