Area Temps Employee Reviews

thius was a temp job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 19, 2019
was a temp job they weren't hiring,you worked until the orders were complete,the company was moving to akron,I learned how to use a blaster here.the hardest part was lifting over 100 pounds
Pros
friendly people
Cons
they were not hiring
Accounting Clerk
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Area Temps placed me on direct hire assignment
(Job: Executive Asst.) at a well known fortune 500 firm in Beachwood. Great salary, benefits, etc.
I highly recommend and endorse Area Temps as the superior staffing company in NE Ohio!

-Nancy, Parma OH.
manufacturing jobs
Manufacturing factory (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2019
area temps has assigned me to many manufacturing jobs in n.e. ohio. I have worked with many of their sales offices and been placed on about 6 different assignments over the past couple years.
weekly pay, good benefits
Pros
excellent co.
Cons
Good resource for job placement
Warehouse Associate/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHDecember 3, 2018
Worked a handful of assignments through Area Temps.
Wide range of assignments,from long term temp-to-hire assignments with companies, to half-a-day assignments at residential locations. Consistent availability of work, when one assignment ended, another one became quickly available.
Good company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHOctober 23, 2018
If need a good job and having trouble finding one this company will find you a job fast the staff is very professional and does follow up with you in a timely
Nice place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 30, 2018
I really think area temps is a great company to work for because They are trying their best to find you the job that best suits you . They are caring , careful . And motivationful
Productive and nice working in environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 29, 2018
Area Temps sent me to a job site called Manga Industries. And it is a great work environment. The work is fast pace and the coworkers are friendly and helpful
Pros
You two ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch
Cons
You are on your feet all day
May be a great for someone starting out in job feild
temporary employee filling (Former Employee) –  Parma, OhioJuly 5, 2018
Could be a great place to fill in till either get full time or better steady employment,, A good fill in for need income if work enough houors per week.
Pros
At least gives a chance
Cons
No Benefits
willing to help
Secretary/ Manufacturing/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
Willing to help find a person a job as long as they are making a effort to work and willing to come to work on time. They will look for you in the job the field you want to pursue or the field you will like to be working in.
They really try to match your skills with job placement
Data Entry Clerk / Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJune 13, 2018
Area temps is a great place to work for although they are temporary to hire Employment Agency. Some are most of the positions are just temporary and some are even part-time. The downfall is there's no real benefits unless you get hired in that could take anywhere from 90 days to a year.
Pros
Temp agencies are good for in between jobs, a second job or even certain shifts that you made be seeking
Cons
It can be a short or even part-time assignment and without benefits
Not a good company
Utility Worker/ Trainee for Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2018
I did not care for this job because they let me go because I had a felony that I let them know about before I started so I had quit my job I think that, that was very unprofessional and a waste of my time.
Staff Accounting position
Staff Accounting position (Current Employee) –  Columbia Station OHJune 4, 2018
Staff Accounting position
-Started position on March 5, 2018, went Perm on June 4, 2018
-Company is in Columbia Station OH
-Great Management Team and Job Security
-Area Temps was a great company to work with in my career search
-Interview process was very thorough and in depth
-Weekly pay period, direct deposit
Parma AreaTemps
many jobs (Current Employee) –  clevelandMay 30, 2018
The parma office has sent me to many jobs in cleveland area. they always have a lot of jobs if you want to work. some are longer in length than others, but I usually get steady work. i am working in a foundry now on near westside. i was told that i will be a perm employee on june 11th.
Pros
steady work temp to perm
Cons
nothing
Thank you area temps | cleveland ohio
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 29, 2018
Good pay
Close to home
Benefits above average
Weekly pay
$50 referral bonus checks

I have worked on 7 work assignments in 2 years. Area Temps always finds me work.
Pros
see below
Cons
n/a
This Agency provides employees for other companies
Receivables Manager -Temporary (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 12, 2018
Typical office environment
I learned how to process receivables and bill for services rendered
Management showed concern
Quiet culture
Payroll was the hardest part of the job because I aimed for accuracy
Getting to know the more tenured employees
Great Company !
Factory (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OHMarch 23, 2018
Area Temps is the only staffing company to work with in NE Ohio if you want to find immediate work! I highly recommend all offices as they have all found me work.
Pros
A plus company !
Waste of time
None (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2018
They act like they are going to find you a job. Make you come in and fill out tons of paperwork and then have an interview only for them to tell you that you have to take a bunch of online tests. So you spend all this time doing what they ask only to never hear a word out of them. When you do call if you get a voicemail & leave a message nobody calls you back. When you call again & actually speak to someone they say "we only call you when we have something for you".
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH AREA TEMPS
Pros
Cons
They really don't try to find you a job
Absolutely worst agency!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2018
When I graduated from college,I turned to Area for a temp position while searching for full time employment in my field. They sent me on a job that was very boring, but the people were great.

I was asked to perform a task they estimated to take a certain period of time. I completed the task in a week less than expected. The company was very happy and told me they were going to call Area Temps and tell them I completed the job and they were happy with the quality of work and the time I saved.

I received a call a couple of days later from Area. The lady was yelling at me saying I did not show up. I told her what had happened and she was extremely upset. Upset that I had completed the job early!! I was shocked!

Years later, ( recently) I was again looking for work and came across an ad for a job. I contacted Area Temps and was told I was blacklisted and they would never work with me again. I asked why and was told it was because of that job! Really? I was punished for a job well done? Perhaps they were upset about losing the extra week of their cut of my wages!

They care nothing for employees. Their bottom line is all that matters. Thankfully, I did not need them! Run....don't walk, to any other agency!
Poor management and customer service.
Warehouse Manager, Warehouse. (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Being highly skilled, they want nothing to do with you. They never call you, nor respond to any phone calls or e-mails, despite being perfectly qualified for a particular position.
Pros
Cons
All of it.
Got sick
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 18, 2017
I got sick and ended up having to stay in the hosptial for a little bit then never got a call back after that had happened. Its was unfortante that it had happened to me since ive had some hard times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Area Temps. Our community is ready to answer.