Area Temps Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This Agency provides employees for other companies
Receivables Manager -Temporary (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 12, 2018
Typical office environment
I learned how to process receivables and bill for services rendered
Management showed concern
Quiet culture
Payroll was the hardest part of the job because I aimed for accuracy
Getting to know the more tenured employees
Waste of time
None (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2018
They act like they are going to find you a job. Make you come in and fill out tons of paperwork and then have an interview only for them to tell you that you have to take a bunch of online tests. So you spend all this time doing what they ask only to never hear a word out of them. When you do call if you get a voicemail & leave a message nobody calls you back. When you call again & actually speak to someone they say "we only call you when we have something for you".
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH AREA TEMPS
Pros
Cons
They really don't try to find you a job
Absolutely worst agency!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2018
When I graduated from college,I turned to Area for a temp position while searching for full time employment in my field. They sent me on a job that was very boring, but the people were great.

I was asked to perform a task they estimated to take a certain period of time. I completed the task in a week less than expected. The company was very happy and told me they were going to call Area Temps and tell them I completed the job and they were happy with the quality of work and the time I saved.

I received a call a couple of days later from Area. The lady was yelling at me saying I did not show up. I told her what had happened and she was extremely upset. Upset that I had completed the job early!! I was shocked!

Years later, ( recently) I was again looking for work and came across an ad for a job. I contacted Area Temps and was told I was blacklisted and they would never work with me again. I asked why and was told it was because of that job! Really? I was punished for a job well done? Perhaps they were upset about losing the extra week of their cut of my wages!

They care nothing for employees. Their bottom line is all that matters. Thankfully, I did not need them! Run....don't walk, to any other agency!
This is a poorly run organization
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 19, 2018
I felt I had a racists experience. I'm white and just walked away feeling little. The color of the skin should not matter. I thought everybody got over that. ( or at least to an understanding).
Pros
No pros
Cons
probabbly someone that works there
Poor management and customer service.
Warehouse Manager, Warehouse. (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Being highly skilled, they want nothing to do with you. They never call you, nor respond to any phone calls or e-mails, despite being perfectly qualified for a particular position.
Pros
Cons
All of it.
Got sick
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 18, 2017
I got sick and ended up having to stay in the hosptial for a little bit then never got a call back after that had happened. Its was unfortante that it had happened to me since ive had some hard times
cleaned up
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 7, 2017
i would make up beds in the hotel. or i would clean up the office. throw trash away. sweep the floor.or i was in a nursing home and i had to empty trash.
Pros
Cons
meet people
Productive and fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Driver (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 6, 2017
I have had a pleasant time working for area temps. And would recommend them to any body looking for employed weather it be full-time, part-time or seasonal.
Pros
Great work enviorment.
Assignments/return calls
Mock Juror (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 1, 2017
I was registered w/ Area temp for 2mos.
And receive only a 4 hr. job assignment ( w/cost of driving and taxes from the pay ) would've been a waste of time ...
When a representative/ Area. called me to say why I didn't make the assignment ...
I told her my grandson. died ( 13mos ,crib death)
And she said, Yell, we don't need your service".Next thing I heard was the dial tone ....Heartless , "Scrooge's daughter ....
Very uncaring, COLD ...
They found me work at times when i was out of work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Olmsted, OHNovember 13, 2017
Area Temp's helped me work when I was laid off, they sent me to many different types of job's that I was very thankful for. I found I learned about doing different types of job's that I may have not found on my own.
Pros
They are nice people to deal with.
Cons
Most job's were temporary.
Always something new.
Weigh- Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 9, 2017
It's comfortable for someone young and single to experience different aspects of the workforce. I liked the atmosphere of the jobs I was assigned and did not feel so confined to one location depending on how long the assignment is/was.
Pros
Travel and depending on experience - the pay is right.
Cons
No cons.
if job dont work will be placed somewhere else
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2017
not true. My pay paid park. I called parma area and explained this. I d/receive my pay for that week. was fired, didn't have parking $ to get to work.
Pros
job was good
Cons
pay was not good
It was a professional work environment
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 2, 2017
It was a fair work environment the company was very professional the jobs were scarce but the people were very very very friendly the benefits were expensive
Fast Past and Learned many new skills.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHOctober 2, 2017
Working with Area Temps provided me with a great opportunity to enhance my current skills while gaining new ones. I was able to be placed in a variety of office settings and gain lots of working knowledge which allowed me to become a very well-rounded employee.
Pros
Gain lots of working experience
Cons
Only was placed in temp positions
Typical staffing agency
Temp. Drafter (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Good staffing agency. Always willing to help and find people searching a job they are looking for. Easy to talk you and very prompt on returning calls and answering questions
Pros
help search for positions
Cons
hour have to work for holiday pay or vacation
Fun workplace to work for
INSIDE SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Pmc willoughby ohSeptember 27, 2017
Area temps is one of the best agency that i ever worked for. Managment is very friendly and understandable. I would recommend everyone who needs a job to go thru area temps.
Best employment firm in ne ohio!
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 25, 2017
BEST EMPLOYMENT FIRM IN NE OHIO!

I was assigned to a food distribution warehouse in Solon OH. Great opportunity and pay!

great pay
great employees
Racist back stabbing and liars
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Placement rate is 10%. Unless u have a trade dont even bother trying they wont find u anything and wont call u back. Everyone is always in a bad mood as well.
Cons
Learned about different specialities at various facilities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I spent my time at Area Temps going to different job assignments as a Medical Assistant throughout the Greater Cleveland area. I met some wonderful people during my time with Area Temps. The staff at Area Temps always made sure that while on a job assignment that everything was satisfactory
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Short job assignments sometimes
Different experience
General Labor/Housekeeping/Hotel/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHAugust 15, 2017
I am on call for many occasions, each assignment is different but is worth it. They put me at the Progressive stadium, Retirement homes all sorts of company's great pay as well