Argo Group Employee Reviews

The temp job will likely not lead to a permanent position
Contract Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2018
They will interview you and tell you what a great person you are. But they will not hire you. How long have they been running open positions in the claims department? Human Resources is totally hands off and does not assist in the least. I saw one guy they finally hired from a temp agency after 2 years.
Pros
Home office is cool and downtown location is great
Cons
Stuffy workplace.
Good company to work for.
SENIOR DESKSIDE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Denve, COMay 21, 2018
Good company with an eye on the future. Argo takes good care of it's employees with a nice benefits package and a good clean corporate America working environment.
Average company for work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2018
Average company for work .
Average Management
Good workplace Culture
Harddest part of the job to deal with Managers
The most enjoyable part of the job is you have to learn by yourself
Argo Group LLC
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
Argo Group LLC is an innovative company to be part of. Great leadership.

Delivers end to end LNG to power solutions to clients. Broad network in the industry.
Pros
Flexible hours
Departments ran solo
HR, Underwriting, Claims, Admin (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Each unit was in competition with the other units, it didn't feel like a team environment. I was at my desk majority of the day and only speak to two other people.
telemargetng
Telemarketer/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJanuary 30, 2018
It is a stressful job to take calls from irate customers all day. It will take a lot out of you.it is also wonderful when you help the person on the other end
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
getting yelled at
Fine
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
It's a good place to work, but the salary is a little bit low. We work sometimes 45 to 50 hours, for few weeks more than 50 hours. In the audit department, there is not a lot of growing opportunity.
Direction
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2017
The company is a great place to learn and develop, but not a great place to stay for a long time. It is difficult to advance, because upper management is not sure what direction they want to go.
Dynamic insurance claims work with job autonomy, encourages team work
RN Medical Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2017
Typical day involved review of new workers comp claims to develop proactive medical management plan to expedite appropriate medical care. Range of cases included more complex and catastrophic injuries in all states nationwide.
Job required monthly reporting and periodic management over site only.
Need to always expand knowledge base and Extended work hours were challenging.
Able to be a respected and knowledge source for the claims team was most rewarding
Pros
Autonomy
Desktop Support
Junior Admin/Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78214January 12, 2017
Troubleshoot Application issues with Microsoft Office, Java, Adobe, Topaz Signature Pads, Reimage laptops, Scan for viruses and remove if necessary, Issue and Inventory company equipment, set up projectors and/or video equipment for meetings and telemed. Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Issues on both Desktop and Laptops. Troubleshoot Mifi, Wifi, and basic network issues. Assist with routing cables on network switches, Active directory skills include adding users, unlocking accounts, adding users to groups and credentialing. With closely with Network admin for network issues with PC's, Desktops, and Network Printers. Use company vehicles for company visits and document mileage. Issue company phones, assist with setting up IP phones. Document all work done in Trackit. Make Supervisors aware of ongoing issues with network or software.
Pros
Work without supervision, excellent work hours, very liberal time off and holidays.
Cons
Very Expensive Healthcare, No current raises due to budget issues, No promotions due to budget issues. low pay personal vehicle is use. No additional training.
Management rather questionable.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, PAAugust 16, 2016
I initially thought I would retire from here.. boy was I wrong. The only positive was family/work balance. Management & work environment less than adequate.
Pros
Family balance
Cons
Too many to list
Great opportunities for growth
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2016
I have been working at Argo Group for a year and have really enjoyed it thus far. I find every day has a new challenge and keeps me on my toes. My manager is very flexible with my schedule, allowing me to have a balanced work/life balance. I think there is a lot of room for growth at Argo Group. Additionally, the company encourages employees to share their innovative ideas and collaborate with each other on which ones should proceed into development. Argo Group is also very supportive with their employees' personal and professional development; they hold a number of internal training seminars for employees to attend.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, collaboration and unique ideas encouraged, great work/life balance, great employees
Cons
Company is slow to adapt to new processes, communication to all company is not always streamlined
Professional yet not....
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 15, 2016
This was one of the more professional jobs I've had and was completely excited about but the company put in little effort into making me feel comfortable or encouraging. The woman's position I was meant to take I had a week with to train and she was wonderful I could see why the company was sad to see her go. They did treat me to lunch my first day which I though was very nice and it was a nice change to work in a professional environment. After the week with the employee whose position I was going to be going for her work was passed to another employee who was supposed to be showing me the ropes after she left. After that employee left during the months I worked there I felt like I really wasn't taught/shown anything else about the job for two reasons. One being the new employee who was supposed to be training with me never put in any effort or time to really train me and second being I never received any type of feedback on anything I was doing to know if I was really doing my job correctly or in the way they wanted, not to mention if something was done incorrectly I was completely scolded at as if I even was supposed to know what I was doing. Back to not receiving feedback I took it upon myself to reach out to the Supervisor by email to ask about my performance there and let him know it was important I know because the job there was important to me only to two weeks later get a reply to have a meeting in an office and be told I didn't fit in and was being let go. If that isn't the most unprofessional reason I've been given being let go in what is supposed to be such a PROFESSIONAL  more... environment. I will not bash every employee there because I did meet a few quite nice people but this was one of the worst job experiences I ever had and has had me so mad for a long period of time I'm so glad I could voice this somewhere so maybe someone will read this and NOT waste their time with this company....sounds like discrimination to me  less
Pros
hour lunch, compensation
Cons
people and support, professionalism
Unfriendly managers & directors
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2016
The office is beautiful and spacious, but not too many employees.

Management is arrogant and stand-offish, not a friendly environment. The turnover rate is extremely high. Too many managers/directors compared to staff. They don't value employees, who are expendable, their motto is "do more with less" referring to employees. Expect busy days and long hours, which wouldn't be bad if they actually appreciated hard work. They prefer to contract workers to avoid paying benefits. Be careful.
Pros
Beautiful offices
Cons
They don't appreciate employees.
My opinion is the CEO is a over-priviledged corrupt whiner.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
Just my opinion, but the CEO spends his time racing sailboats and flying around the country when he isn't in Bermuda. The management just above the individual contributor level is horrendous, uneven, unfair, and unhinged. I worked with some great people, but we nearly worked ourselves to death, but at least the pay was sub-par.
not the most secure work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2016
this was a good opportunity at first but the culture is trending downward. There is increasing pressure from senior leaders to outsource which breeds job insecurity.
This company is in transition and more concerned about dollars than people.
Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2015
The people are great to work with, but are not valued by management. Located in the center of a metropolitan evironment which makes it difficult get to and from work.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
Disorganized management.
Great people, questionable management
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2015
It's a great company to work at for a few years and learn about the industry. Upper management is fairly transparent but unfortunately tenure seems to be the only way for advancement not skills and abilities
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
Below average pay, poor upper management
customer service training
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  lewiston maineSeptember 22, 2015
the training was for one week but i only got about three and a half days of training our training days were cut short the trainer had other obligations to meet with clients during our training time while doing the training trainer kept leaving the room for extended periods of time. after first week of training we are suspose to be in nesting to learn the program better we got trained on two other campaings. i felt this to be wrong i was unable to concentrate and understand the first campaing i was taught
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of training and lack of nesting time
If you like a challenge & need experience this is the place!
anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Gotta love the offices, while IT is not the best in giving you everything you need. The amount of experience I have gained here is amazing. It is a public company, with international reach-so it looks great on my resume. I don't think I would like to go much higher then a VP-that arena of the company seems tough to work in. I make a great living and have great benefits-which is what I need.
Pros
Good benefits, great offices, most management are awesome!
Cons
work life balance can be a challenge, set your boundaries for your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argo Group. Our community is ready to answer.