Argon Medical Devices Employee Reviews

early morning
Warehouse Work (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 4, 2018
My day started in lunch room waiting for time to clock in. i then had to dress in hair net, shoe covers, and apron before entering a room with all medical supplies. this is to keep germs off product. my job was wrieng for a surgical device.
fast paced
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXApril 30, 2018
getting orders set up and in boxes and put on pallets checking for damaged devices and cleaning up at the end of the night and counting them to make sure the right number of devices's were in the boxes
Pros
air conditioned place
Cons
go thru temp service first
Good company with a nice product portfolio
Senior Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Missouri/worked NationalApril 5, 2018
I traveled 5-6 days a week during my time at this company. I left due to poor direct management, but I loved the coworkers. Argon has a great product portfolio and is expanding. I do understand that the company is under better upper management now, and I even have considered going back. The hardest part of the job was work/life balance. The most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers and patient focus.
okay
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 21, 2018
It was okay and gave me a chance to learn something new. Such a show a needle was packaged correctly and how other medical devices were put together. Overall it was just okay.
You like Overtime?
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 15, 2018
Majority of the organization works 8-5, unless your in production, you work 60-75hrs a week. This place will burn you out very quickly, so if you are looking for a quick hit of OT money then great, but start looking for a job once you get there.
Pros
Safety Luncheon, Health
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours, and no work life balance at all.
Productive workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Long days, cold workplace, and shape objects.
I learned to work carefully and quickly. Management was great very personable. Relaxed but on top of things.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Short breaks, Early mornings, long days
Great place to work at argon
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 1, 2018
The medical advisory board exist insight , guidance and organizational thought leadership in the development of products and solutions that provide the best possible outcomes to the medical professionals and patients we serve. Regulatory & quality. Quality is our priority! All medical devices manufactured by argon medical devices, inc have been designed,developed and manufactured using standards specified by ISO .
Pros
Bonus, free lunch
Cons
N/a
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXDecember 3, 2017
Enjoyable and friendly place of employment. Great upper management and supervisors. Enjoyed the supervisors. Good work ethics from all employees. Company very willing to work with you if family or other such emergencies come up suddenly.
Would not recommend this place to anyone!!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 26, 2017
I was hired for an entry level position with the understanding that I was on probation for 90 days. I spoke with the department manager who assured me that he would work with me and help me progress during that 90 day period, if needed. I worked 2 days. I showed up the 3rd day for work and the manager basically told me he was not satisfied with my work. He let me go shortly after I arrived at work on day 3!
Cons
Very poor management
great learning
Intl, OEM, and Business Development Marketing (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 2, 2017
complete turn key facility that allows 360deg. learning of all aspects of manufacturing and associated support groups including full sales and marketing support
Not for everyone
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXSeptember 30, 2017
This job does not work well with anyone with a health condition. If you work here, do your work, keep your head down, and don't tell anyone anything you don't want used against you. There are lots of backstabbers and if you don't like being mistreated, you wont last long. If you have any medical condition i suggest it be well documented and even then be prepared to be hassled if you have to miss any amount of time due to it.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
They don't pay you enough for what you deal with, any health condition you have they don't like to work with unless you don't miss any time, Private workers comp so no leave for those with health condition until you are fulltime for a year.
temporary
Stock Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 15, 2017
I was employed through the Temp force agency; which was a short while before the company way sold, and I was on the hunt to seek for new employment. while I was there it was a decent place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 13, 2017
It was a job. The people I worked with made it fun. It helped me take care of my daughter. I also worked with my dad. Which was nice. Also they made it fun to work there.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Breaks seem short
Family oriented
Label Room coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 31, 2017
Argon is very family oriented. The management as well as other employees welcomes new hires. Argon is a fun place to work. Many different shifts help with a personal schedule.
Fun
Polishing operater (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 26, 2017
I like work in medical divase . I Work very hard I can work anything to medical divase.l love to learn new work with new friends. I have 5 years job experience
Pros
Happy
Alright place to work if you have no expectations and don't mind to low payscale!
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 28, 2017
Most of the people are good people to work with, but the rest are all for themselves. There is too many that want to make themselves look good and a "company team player" by running or bad-mouthing other people to make themselves look good or try to get promotions. You also have a couple manger types who are always pushing to get things done and when you have done all the work and time put in, they want to present it and say,"look what I did!". It could be a good place to work if you're not looking to make big bucks and canput up with the politics and back-stabbing.
It was alright
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 3, 2017
The people your work with make it fun otherwise it was horrible. Its a good place to work I guess its just really boring and really kinda hard. For a medical place no one wore gloves and I was there for 2 days and people were already starting rumors .
Pros
The people
Cons
The short breaks for a 10 hour day
no fun is very strict slvery environment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Good benefits, 95% employees and mfg. staff are minority. 94% employees are from India. Plant manger and leads are Indian and they treat all Indian like sheep. HR is lacking knowledge of rules and no interaction skills. whole management running factory like 1776 slavery.
Pros
good benefits only
Cons
low pay, micro mgmt and too slavery atmosphere from lead and HR
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 9, 2017
I learned that this is a great workplace to be put in that allows each individual the ability to best themselves while earning cash.
Great job
Skater (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXDecember 4, 2016
Loved working here, great staff and workers, everything is easy and fun to do,great room for a higher position and moving up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argon Medical Devices. Our community is ready to answer.

Argon Medical Devices Reviews by Location