Argonne National Laboratory

Argonne National Laboratory Employee Reviews

United States188 reviews
Multidisciplinary research
Enjoyed multidisciplinary research and interaction with visiting researchers. Opportunities for collaboration. Good access to top laboratory equipment. Beautiful campus.
no comments
I do not elect to submit a review of my current employer as I do not feel in the position to do so. I am just completing this box with one hundred fifty characters.
Nice place to work.
The management is flexible. You can meet talented people here. The lab has a strong background regarding the material synthesis and simulation. The battery work here is very excellent.
great company would work for again
it was a pleasure to work at argonne national laboratory. amazing scientific research, great brilliant workers, fantastic place to work and further your career!
Good place to work.
Solid management in place and good oversight of project management initiatives. Good team players and people that care about what they are doing. Overall good place to work.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Intimate working culture
I worked for Argonne for 7 years, employed on essentially 3 different assignments: 1) RadTrac was a very interesting piece of work but I lacked control that I thought should have belonged to me. 2) The Help-Desk was initially successful with an upgrade but not as successful (lack of support) when a rewrite was mandated. 3) Selenium testing of 2 web-sites was very fun, very interesting, very satisfying and, I think, a great success.
Compensation is fair. Management is communicative with staff. Tasks are clear and feedback is always beneficial to the staff member. One hour lunches are always a plus!
very diverse
Lots of different types of work environments and job roles. Many different teams and organizations within the lab that work as separate entities Overall a good place to work
job is easy but the management needs improvement
i liked working there the job was very easy for the pay the only thing that really sucked was the weather over time was pretty good and easy as well if you don't like to be on you feet the don't go there
A Great Place to Work
Do you love being a part of scientific discovery? This is the place to be. Here at Argonne you are able to see history being made in many areas of the sciences to include physics, engineering and nanomaterials.
Overall Good
Overall Good, culture and friendly environment as a work place.
Learned lot of new things and implementing at work place.

management also very good supporting.
Productive research
Argonne National Lab has a great scientific community and state-of-the-art facilities. People are really good. It is difficult to obtain a regular position
Brilliant people working there
-Research and development on upgrades to thermally regulated vacuum chambers within the advance photon source (APS).
-At the APS, a beam of light spins in a circle, roughly 1 mile long, and heats the sides of the circle so vacuums are need to circulate water to ensure the temperature stay regulated. I modeled the vacuums in some areas using CAD and imported the model into ANSYS and ran simulations to replicate the inside of these chambers and where special areas heated unevenly.

-I wrote a report on the findings and the mechanical engineers enjoyed it
lab
Great place to work, although I got in via temp agency. i tried if i could be able to get into full time, but no. I love the staffs, they were great to work.
It was a fantastic place to work. I love the place. The pay not bad compare to the hours worked. Staffs wonderful to work with and the work place perfect.
Poor Leadership
I didn't have a great experience working for this company and when my term appointment ended, I did not seek to continue in my current position or apply for other job openings.
Argonne is a large place to work. There is plenty of opportunity if you are willing to go out there and get it. The struggle is between the ones that have been here a long time and are comfortable and the new employees that want to be part of better change.
The SULI Program is a great learning environment for students composed of both challenges and accomplishments
In the SULI program, students learn about the various sectors under the DOE and are usually matched with the one that suits their interests. I learned throughout the entire program and no day was ever boring. Our work included field, laboratory, and office work.
Good Summer Internship
Provide you with a good summer project and expect work to be done on it. However, your advisor will help a lot with it. Very relaxed, but probably depends on manager.
Easy Place to work
I enjoy my time here at Argonne, but I have been here for 3 years now. I'm in the IT industry, and there is no room for growth in that department. I don't want to leave Argonne, but this will be my main reason for leaving.

There are a lot of people that work here for more than 30+ years. This is a great place to work. I just wish I could advanced.
Pros
Easy Going Environment, great people, and laid back.
Cons
Advancement
Best place to work if you are a researcher
Argonne provides a relaxed environment to conduct your post doctoral research work. Everybody was really helpful and considerate starting from fellow colleagues, to supervisor to upper level management personnel. Definitely a place to look for, for your post doctoral research.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argonne National Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight