Argos USA Employee Reviews

Good people, poor management
Salary (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2018
Argos has been going through a lot of changes. In the DFW area, morale and working conditions have gotten worse the last two years instead of better.

Upper management micro-manages daily activities, but often blames others for the results. No team leadership. All departments blame each other for problems.

Have lost a lot of business to the competitors.

Suggestions of how to help solve problems get ignored.

Hours are typical of a ready-mix company and can vary greatly.

A lot of nice people work here, but without sound management the day to day work place is miserable and chaotic.
Great job, great pay, just poor management.
Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 11, 2018
It's a great job and way to feed your family, you just have to put up with being treated unfair and as if you're not needed. They make sure the workers who have been there the longest make the most money.
If you have a cdl, apply here, get the job, quit, and give it a bad review, then you probably haven't ever liked anything.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 10, 2018
I don't know what these other guys are used to. Good company. Home every day. Training I was given a Marriott $125 for food and it was paid training. 4 digit paychecks available out of the gate. Yearly raises, no cap. Full benefits after 60 days. Minimum pay of 32 hours weekly even if there was no work. 1100 yearly safety bonus with no accidents, hecl, still 600 if you did have one. On top of other bonuses. After 40 hours you get hourly rate plus load rate. Holidays too, if you work. Assigned truck. Managers have a sense of humor. Mine called and met me at CVS and handed me a $125 gift card, let me stay at whatever hotel I wanted, even airbnb. But, if its a commercial contract and not residential, which is uncommon, you may have to come in at night. Its not like they call you in you already know ahead of time your schedule. Longest trip maybe 40 miles.

These guys complain. Managers don't care. Oh boohoo. Do you care about the managers? What it is, these guys agree to the work at first then get comfortable. Now they're passed the 'proving myself to a new company stage' and don't want to keep that same pace. Good. Glad you didn't, they hired me. Love yal. Not just for that. I mean as a person. Whew almost wrote a paragraph that wasn't weird.
Pros
Money, staff, benefits, accommodations, hearing folks complain about such a gravy job makes you feel like a warrior
Cons
Schedule can require a 2 am start time, but you know in advance
bored place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 24, 2018
bad place
dirty place
bored place
slow job
they will fire you for no reason
they says safety first but that not true they just care about they dirty truck
Good benefits but poor compensation
Salary. (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2018
If you pull your weight you will do fine. Just make sure you get the salary you want up front because you will NEVER get a raise except for the yearly “cost of living”. No incentive to go the extra mile or to develop to a new roll. Very disappointed in advancement policy. Great benefits, mostly good people and management. As long as your happy with your check and don’t mind working odd hours, thus is a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits and management
Cons
Salary and hours
Good company, unfortunately management is lacking
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 11, 2018
Enjoy my coworkers but have big issues with my direct manager. Management lacks empathy and don't provide the work/life balance the company advertises. If it weren't for the issues I have with my manager, I would say this is a good place to work. Most of the management is disconnected from their employees and are not approachable. However, there are a few good managers but it's very difficult to make a move into their departments.
Pros
Coworkers, social commitee providing a fun environment
Cons
Disconnected and unsupportive management, hard to move into other jobs
Great paying job with poor mangment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Harleyville, SCMarch 22, 2018
Always want to work for the cement plant while i was out there as a contractor. When I first got hired on it was a great place. Over the past year mangement as changed my mind.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
poor leadership
Good company/High volume/high turnover
employee (Current Employee) –  AugustaJanuary 30, 2018
Argos is a growing company but they make a lot of cuts to save money. They hire temps more often than not. Due to the high turnover you can grow, but there is not necessarily a lot of room for growth in one department. There are a lot of barriers to communication and no training.
Horrible Plant Manager and upper Management walks in step and does nothing.
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Insane, unprofessional, senile, in possession of incriminating photos of upper management are just some of the plant managers descriptions by employees.

Upper management never gave more than a slap on the hand when complaints got made about P. M.

Favoritism runs rampant with a pecking order that would be obvious to a "57 stone" within a week of employment.

Some driver's would be helpful and are pleasant but others are yes men to the P.M. who work in a clandestine / cutthroat manner!

Plant Manager's behavior and reputation is so well known Customers can't stand him and make jokes or negative comments about him to driver's when on the job sites.

Wish there was a way to get this information to higher ups in Alpharetta, GA, USA headquarters or Columbia, Home Office so things might be improved for the decent guys that still work there.
Pros
Decent pay when busy but that is effected by many factors.
Cons
Man in charge of Port Charlotte plant Dennis D.
Too many chiefs making rediculous rules daily!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Texas,USADecember 21, 2017
We are going through a restructure of sorts, but they are definately aiming their reduction on the long term and older employees. Which generally means they are trying to reduce payroll and show profit with less employees with smaller salaries and benefits than it actually took. They do this in order to attract prospective buyers. Most of our larger contracts are coming to an end. In a market that has since had alot more competition than years past. I am not looking for this company to stay in this particular market much longer. Employees who have built up a higher salary and more weeks of vacation are definately a target for replacement with current managment!
Pros
Benifits are good!
Cons
They have become the big corporate machine that no longer cares about its individual employees.
Great place to keep a life time career !!!!!
Mixer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Drove trucks equipped to deliver concrete mix to job sites. Drove truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement, and water and slump out to accurate slump. Assemble cement chute. Cleaned truck after each delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck. Spray acid to keep Mixer clean.
always feel like walking on eggshells
CONCRETE TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2017
all of the drivers are good to work with but management is all good ole boy system and swollen heads. All drivers are treated as if they are lucky to work there and feel they have to watch their back at all times. Very disappointing.
Pros
benefits and PTO
Cons
pay by load, not concerned if no work for drivers
AR Project Specialist, Contract (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 4, 2017
Argos is an excellent place to work. My current manager is excellent and provide us the opportunity to learn new things when available. The environment is very friendly and relax. I enjoy working with my peers, we are an excellent team work.
Pros
Environment
Cons
commutte
Nice place to work
Ready mixer driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2017
Its that if you want to make your hours you got to work a lot of hours. Every body will help you in how to do your job wrigth . every body is frendly.
Pros
Cons
Some times
Job security is unstable
U.S. Credit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 30, 2017
Many positions are being moved to Argos' HQ in Colombia, South America and expectations of management at the highest levels do not seem realistic. Set goals and objectives do not take into consideration the realities of the current environment of the business.
Easy job with long hours.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Hours change from day to day,pay was o.k.,environment was a little uncomfortable. Drivers are treated o.k. as far as safety. Boots are payed for once a year.
Pros
Free boots.
Cons
pay isn't that great.
too many hours per week 70 o more
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2017
It is a good company for start in the commercial driving job. You will learn a lot about safety stuff delivery concrete, dealing with customer. You can earn 60 000 per year when is a busy year. You will have guaranty, medical and 401K. But you have to wake up 2:00am and frequently finish at 5:00pm next day the same thing, like this every single day uuuuuffffff. It is the hard part.
Cons
short breaks, +70hours
Small Company with Good Vision
SISO Profesional (Former Employee) –  PanamaAugust 12, 2017
A typical work is visit all the field areas and make interaction with the people in the field. Always lesson learned good school to learn important things about process.
Get rid of Gainville Management and it would be a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2017
Head territorial Manager of Gainsville Fl has a track record of getting rid of good workers and replacing them with friends and relatives. He makes plant supervisor work drivers over 16hrs
Pros
good place to work, get rid of management
Cons
No structure or support from management, Orlando area good.
I have nothing to say
Class B Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2017
I don't no what to say here the day was ok some was long some was short that's ok the hardest part of the job was not having your phone .I leaned a lot of good things with them I liked my job
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No bracks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos USA. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about