Argosy Casino Alton Employee Reviews

Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 15, 2018
Cleaning the slot machines
Cleaning the bathrooms
Pick up cups from the slot machines
The thing I most enjoy this job is meet new people who walk in
i do not really care
Buyer/Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 9, 2018
do not care what or who or why simply feel that the argosy has done many people wrong. they forget that this is small town USA and when they eliminate jobs they are hurting themselves because in the long run families who have been treated unfairly by the argosy and there are many will not patronize their establishment. Simple you do our family member wrong and we wont spend our money there.
Pros
little or no commute
Cons
being scared everyday that it might be your last
Fast pace and exciting workplace.
Assistant Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Alton, IllinoisNovember 26, 2017
Casino industry can be difficult at times. On a typical day Guests are losing money as they consume alcohol. I enjoy the challenge of keeping the Guests happy and enjoying themselves. Every department has communication meetings they call "All Aboard" held weekly for all employees to keep well informed on events and up to date on company information. The hardest part of this job is working nights, weekends and holidays. You know up front that this is not a family oriented business. The most enjoyable part of this job is the energy and enthusiasm that many of the employees have.
Pros
Close net employee relations
Cons
Working weekends, nights and holidays
Stressful work, but great people to work with
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 21, 2017
My day was finding which floor I was working on, clocking in, counting the money in the drawer to make sure the right amount was in it, making my drawer as ready as possible, greeting customers, starting and completing their transaction, repeating for the length of the shift, then counting out of my drawer to see if I balance. The culture was great, worked in a loose environment where employees joked around with each other during down times. The hardest part of the job was making sure you pay out the right amount of money, and dealing with rude customers. he most enjoyable part was joking with the other employees and watching the guests play, either at the tables or on the slots.
Pros
Fun people, choice of working four or five days, and having a buffet style cafeteria for the employees.
Cons
Rude customers, high stress dealing with money.
Typical Job
Main Bank Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 25, 2015
The job is not bad for an entry level position to get your foot into the Entertainment business. Just not a job I would recommend to stay for a long period of time. They change CEO of the Casino very often and they begin cleaning house every time to cut back on cost.
Pros
The pay is good, nice work environment, and recognized for hard work.
Cons
Unorganized Management, Employees act like high school, the hours sucks, and policy changes often
A company that focuses on employee morale
Marketing Database Coordinator / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 24, 2015
I've been here for 24 years and had the opportunity to work with some amazing people. Obviously our first priority is customer focused; however, there is a strong emphasis on always raising employee morale. A great place to work.
Pros
Where else can you get a buffet lunch for $3. Great 401K
great coworkers horrible company
Housekeeping/ Floor Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJune 5, 2013
management on power trips, car got broke in to which is a common thing there...got screwed out of my vacation two years in a row... amazing coworkers best people I have ever worked with in my life ..pay was good ...company is switching to part time so they don't have to pay benefits that's why I got laid off
Pros
pay
Cons
got screwed out of vacation