ARGOSY CASINO Employee Reviews

This company was purchased by Hollywood
Passport Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INMarch 26, 2018
It was a typical restaurant job. The co-workers and customers were pleasant. The work environment was positive and a good place to work, especially as a part time position.
Argosy Casino
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOFebruary 1, 2018
Argosy is a good place to work for a casino environment if interested in that. It is a company that does a lot for their employees and benefits are great.
Fun but different place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 29, 2018
It was a great place to work but its not a place for people with no backbone. If anyone says the casino industry is just like any other industry they would be wrong. Everyone I worked with there will agree with that. Its not just because of the people that come in but the hours you work its hard on you and your body.
Pros
Loved my coworkers and the pay
Cons
Got laid off cause of the economy
Casino Industry
Asst. Cage Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was my co workers, everyone was always friendly and helpful. I learned to count money fast and a lot of it in addition to getting a behind the scene understanding of the work flow in a casino environment. The hardest part of the job was seeing people /tellers get fired due to miscounting payouts and having bank shortages.

The people in HR were not very kind.
Stressful
Table Games Floor Supervisor / Dual Pit (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MODecember 28, 2017
Argosy was a great place to work in the beginning but over time it changed. Paid time off was decreased. Employees started to be treated like numbers instead of people.
Pros
Company with decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Treated like a number instead of a person.
Customer Service/ Server (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work, very fun and exciting. Fast paced and fun. Great pay and benefits. First come first serve on shifts and no holidays off. Mandatory OT
Loud, smokey environment. Fast-paced, yet enjoyable.
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INNovember 17, 2017
When Argosy began, it was fun yet very active and fast paced. It was a great place to work. I started out as a housekeeper on the Pavilion and eventually moved to the Boat. After 15 months, I then moved to the Slot Department. We worked together as a well oiled machine. As time went on and the company was sold, changes led to people being fired, or bought out to shrink the worker numbers in each department.
Riverboat
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 24, 2017
I counted money on the river boat. It was a fast paced position. But the sooner you get your work done the sooner you can go home. I would go back but the riverboat is gone
Pros
The People
Cons
Union benefits
Great job with a fun atmosphere
Count Team (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 18, 2017
The management encouraged the employees to learn more. I was allowed to work in 2 different departments on a regular basis. Once in the Finance office, I was able to learn hands-on what I was studying in college.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Company closed
Stressful
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INOctober 12, 2017
It was a Casino. Deal the cards, take people's money. Smile while you do it.

You watch the gambler, the Floor Boss watches you, the Pit Boss watches the Floor Boss, the Shift Boss, watches the Pit...have a nice day.
Pros
Food was good.
Cons
Big Brother is watching, always.
Best place for a part time Job
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 10, 2017
As a part time job the pay is competitive and management is willing to work around your schedule. The job is very easy for the amount you are paid to be there.
Okay for temporary employment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MissouriOctober 3, 2017
I worked there as a freshman in college. I had to leave because of the bid schedule and I was low on the totem pole. I would have possibly stayed there for my entire time in college, but there were no shifts that could work with my class schedule.
Pros
Pay is good for college students
Cons
Schedules
Good benefits and good pay
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 21, 2017
I learned a lot working there. They have many opportunities to learn different aspects of your job. Overall the managers/head of departments are two faced and will lie to make themselves look good no matter what. They overwork there employees and treat them poorly.
Pros
employee break room and benefits
Cons
over work employees
Great Company to work for.
Security/Surveillance Operator I (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 21, 2017
This company took great pride in it's employees. They did thiings with us and made you feel that you were part of the team. Never one complaint was ever said about this company.
Pros
Caring company
Cons
I had to transfer
stressful
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INSeptember 1, 2017
Argosy was a very stressful job. It was almost like being in high school again. Everyone talked about everyone. It is a fast paced job which was great because your day went by quick. I do not agree with the point system.
Cage Cashier
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJuly 22, 2017
You work in a lock cage, handle customer transactions, with cashing checks, cash advances from their credit card, chips. There was nothing really hard about this job. It was a very fast pace job. What I enjoyed the most was customer relations...
Pros
Soft drinks breakfast, lunch....this was back in 1999
Cons
When the casino boat used to cruise always get struck on it when it was time to get off work.
fun place to work
Level Four-Banker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJuly 14, 2017
Maintained custody and proper accounting of designated funds, ensuring all transactions are performed promptly and efficiently while maintaining exceptional guest service.
Redeemed vouchers, chips cashed personal checks, credit card checks, extended cash advances and loans, and made change.
Pros
Great plce to work and meet new people from all over the country
Cons
Didn't have any
Great place to work.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 30, 2017
It's just like any other job. Great learning experience for those who are just getting started in the security field. You will have your occasional bad days but other than that its a fun place to work.
Horrible stay away
Cage & Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2017
Mgmt. is unaware of how to properly manage employees. There is absolutely no job security, the more friends you have in mgmt. the better. I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it.
Great staff and fun place to work.
CSO Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 26, 2017
Typical day at work would be me coming in as a security guard, keeping workplace safe and using radio communications to report anything suspicious. We dealt with large sums of money and paperwork. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who did not understand our polices as security. The most enjoyable part of job was watching people have fun and win large amounts of money.
Pros
payed weekly
Cons
uniforms.