Argosy University Employee Reviews

very stressful
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761July 12, 2018
Bad upper management, no concern for student or staff. Campus will close without proper notice, many jobs lost. No stress on training, or professional development.
Pros
Good Pay, pays for school
Cons
bad upper management
Great Company
Psychology Instructor (Former Employee) –  OnlineJuly 10, 2018
Excellent school to work for. Classes are not more than 20 students. Syllabus is laid out already. Classes are regularly assigned. Supervisors easy to speak to and address concerns and issues quickly.
Unethical
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 9, 2018
After the recent law settlement, Argosy finally decided to correct it's recruiting process. I worked in admissions but the company overall lacks a moral compass.
Nothing to Say
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2018
Words cannot explain the experience. Leadership does not care about the staff or the students, just the profit. The campus is closing - no longer accepting new student applications, I mean, so they are no longer relevant.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Leadership does not know about leadership
Better Jobs Out There
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 4, 2018
More of a sales position than a true college Admissions position. If prospects have a pulse and can pay for school, they are accepted in undergrad programs in most cases. Graduate degrees are a little more rigorous in acceptance sometimes requiring recommendation letters, letter of intent, undergraduate achievement standards.
My summary
Student Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 25, 2018
During the time I worked at Argosy it was a for profit company. I was employed there as a Federal Student worker. The work environment was very cold, we were graduate students and seen as free labor and were expected to fill in as regular employees but not compensated. It is now a non-profit and hopefully is a better work environment now days. There was very little support in terms of supervision and in fact there were long periods of time when the full time Student Support Specialist position was not even fill for months at a time.
adjunct faculty
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 24, 2018
as an adjunct faculty member, able to teach variety of courses as pertained to my expertise as a licensed marriage and family therapist. good opportunity to develop skills as a faculty member.
I loved it here!
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2018
Argosy University was a stepping stone for me to get my education. I did get a workstudy position during the time that I was there. Once I finished my degree, my position ended.
Pros
independent work
Cons
it was a work-study position, not permanent.
Need more in a job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJune 18, 2018
I need to do more and learn more at a job I think this will be a great move for me. I don't like the way the management does us. No insurance for the workers
Pros
Easy
Cons
Slow pace
-Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2018
it is a great place to work. Anyone who works there will have a persnalized and amazing experience. If call centers are what you are striving for then Argosy is the place to channel that experience.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Javier's Review
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 12, 2018
The company does not pay well and there is very little to no opportunity for advancement. I have been here 5 years and have received no raises and make less than my coworker, I have a doctorate and they have no degree.
Cons
pay, management, layoffs
No opportunity for advancement for adjuncts
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2018
No opportunities for advancement or increases in pay or access to benefits for adjuncts. No pay for required training. No pay/support for use of required private computers or Internet access/service.
difficult to tell what will happen
Argosy Univeristy (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2018
Very stressful environment, because they have gone through a lot of transitions there is no stability in the position. Management changes have been frequent as well as personnel changes.
Completely worst place that I have ever worked for!!
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 18, 2018
This place is a complete joke and a complete waste of time!
Leads are garbage! Management creates a horrible work environment. No support from HR or Upper Management.
Management does not lead by example. Coaching from Manager was non-impactful and meaningless. Leads are garbage. They have no marketing plan or campaign. Company solely relies on Facebook and recommendations to obtain leads. Database management systems are not effective and completely ancient. Poor functionality. They manage with fear instead of respect.
Pros
The only pro was having a decent salary, but it was absolutely not worth the misery and craziness.
Cons
* Inconsistent practices and policies, Favoritism is evident, No support from management, No support from Human Resources, Employees afraid to speak up due to negative repercussions.
Great Staff
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
Love helping students enroll. It is a shame the company sold and so many positions are being eliminated. Great campus in Mission Valley. Secure parking and access to food and shopping
Enjoyed inspiring students
GRADUATE ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
The best part about my job at Argosy University Dallas was my interaction with the students. The joy of helping others achieve his/her educational goals. I was able to build a relationship the student online and on campus. At the end of the day I was please with my contribution. However, I was not a fan of management, controlled by the corporate office (who had no clue of the culture of students recruited only faculty and staff on campus, staff,). It was too many changes to quickly that effected the student and retention became very low. The hardest part of the job was trying to continue to influence the student of all the different changes. However, I enjoyed my 10 years of serving.
Great opportunity to teach people new things!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
Argosy University was a very fun place to work at. I taught introductory college courses online and I had delightful adult students. The hours were excellent and so were the supervisors
Pros
flexibility
Cons
flexibility
The people were great to work with at this job
Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Company moved to ChandlerApril 27, 2018
It was very stressful environment with unrealistic deadlines and pressures. We had students to plan with Title !V funding. We also had to complete phone calls concerning collections from students who owed money.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Enormous pressure
Great Place to work
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2018
Vary caring employees , staff and faculty are willing to do anything that contributes to the success of the student. High level of quality instructors
Hard but rewarding working
Academic Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2018
Argosy is not for the weak of heart. Your happiness will depend on how dedicated you are to your work and student success. If you are extremely motivated and talented, then you will be successful there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argosy University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight