Argus Community, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive work environment, where client needs are put first
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 21, 2019
a typical day at work for me is,making appointment to meet with my clients in the field. Complete assessment and care-plan on time. escorted client to court hearing, HRA, and Social security office to help with there benefits.
Negative and poor demeanor
Care Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2019
If you consider yourself a professional dont come to work at Argus. They do not pay enough money, and have no I tension on increasing. There's no equality in terms of income. Many supervisors do not make the same amount of money. They are rude, selfish, insensitive, and do not care about their staff. Upper management makes the Gs but yet they never have money to raise line staff salary, and some supervisors. Very unprofessional place to work.
Great place to learn, no room for growth
Substance abuse counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 18, 2019
Great stepping stone. Learned a lot about mental illness. No room for growth. It's all about keeping the pop up. They want you to live for your job while barely living pay check to paycheck. There is no order. Be prepared to get calls on your day off and thrown under the nearest bus when something goes wrong. The job is easy but the lack of communication and lack of team work makes things stressful. And...the pay sucks. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Pros
Met some great people and gained experience
Cons
Short breaks, yelling all the time, calls on days off, shady management
It was a great experience
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 4, 2019
It's a place were work becomes a way of life to helping those.with needs of many different challenges Medicallally Mentally Legally and with Shelter..
Pros
Helping the unpledge
Cons
The pay
Engaging but Stressful
Interim Care Manager/Patient (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 28, 2019
It was enjoyable at first because you learned a lot, but when the focus became more financially based than client oriented, it served as just another company that made promises to a diverse community which lack sufficient people with empathy
Great CBO
Health Home Care Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2019
Great CBO to work with. Staff are professional and give their 100 percent to the clients and the community. Pay and benefits are an incentive as well.
Pros
Professional Enviroment
Cons
N/a
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2019
This is not a good place to work everyone is pulling in different directions and there is a real lack of leadership. Too many deadlines as well as meetings.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Two face staff
Some good people there
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2019
Too much chiefs and not enough Indians everybody wants to be a boss and the work Environment is to chaotic for anyone to work there. No communication
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Learn about this company before getting a job there
energetic work place
Assisitant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 22, 2019
fast paced.
family oriented.
must do a lot of self learning.
Weekly meetings and supervisions.
Client driven.
large organization well known in social work field.
Not a fair or appreciated environment to work in.
Care Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Management continuously violates OMH, OSHA, and SAMSA Guidelines, instructing staff to backdate, and in many instances falsify data. There were two preventable client deaths at the agency. Staff in authority embezzled money from the company. Not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt
If you’re looking for a stepping stone this is the place for you.
Substance Abuse Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2018
Argus helped me get my foot back into the working field. I was taught a lot of patience understanding and humility working for this organization. I have seen that your work is not valued with monetary compensation. In the number of years I worked there I was never given a raise. I don’t feel this is a long term working environment for those looking for advancement. Hey he work place environment can be relaxed but mostly it’s unrealistic expectations to get work done and stressful.
Pros
Good resume builder
Cons
Stressful environment
Great job in the community
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2018
It was a non profit organization that helps the community. It offers different programs from Drug treatment to rehabilitation to young mothers program to get their GED.
Pros
Non profit
Pretty ok
Outreach Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2018
Worked as a outreach Health Worker. We had meetings every Monday, got to travel so I wasn’t in the office all day. Hard part of the day is hoping a client is home, you have the correct address and the client is interested to sign consent.
Pros
Off weekends, paid holidays, 8-4 shift
Cons
No consents
Argus Community Inc has been very wonderful to me. I learned very valuable skills and met great people.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 3, 2018
Working at Argus Community Inc allowrd me the opportunity to explore diffrent areas in the social services field and working with clients. Absolutely the best! Argus has high quality values and always consistently strive to ensure its employees are providing quality service to the individuals, families , diverse populations and communites who are in need of medical, mental health, GED, substance abuse and legal services.
Pros
Room for growth, open door policy, benefits
Cons
My sudden departure
Amazing
Tech Setup (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2018
People are super nice, environment was great, room for growth. Just a great experience overall. Management and higher ups are super vocal and receptive.
Hate working here, only the clients make it worth it
Community Follow-up Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2018
I do feel I make a positive impact on the clients' wellbeing, even the difficult ones. However, the staff and bosses are a different story. They expect you to work long hours and not get compensated for it, just to get paperwork done. The salary is not worth the headache and stress you go through to meet deadlines.
Its a good start to learn the basics before moving on to a job that offers more and is less stressful.
Pros
They do their best to protect you from violent and disrespectful clients
Cons
No breaks, long hours, they don't appreciate you
Beware
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2018
This company is toxic and corrupt. Management bullies and lies. OASAS and OMH violations. Too many client cases and management doesn't care. They just want the money. Beware and do not apply to company.
Learning environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 9, 2018
A typical day at work was following your schedule to do visits, escort clients to designated locations, enroll new clients or work on notes for reporting. I learned that I have a passion for helping children in need. I also learned that care managers are the face of the agency shaping its work and accomplishment in the field. Care managers are an important support to management to ensure that the clients and/or community is receiving the assistance it so desperately needs. The workplace can be competitive with many care managers serving for decades. The outdoor visits can be challenging during the cold season but I quickly learned that you must plan your week out accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with people and their families, helping them and the rewarding feeling when you know you have contributed positively to impact someone's life.
Pros
Building your schedule to meet your clients needs
Cons
Limited company locations
Fast pace working environment
Outreach Health Worker Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2018
Fast working environment, able to multitask and complete several assignment as requested. Diversity group of people come to this place. Co-Worker are very fun and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Community oriented
Cons
Health benefit
Heavy caseloads, and absolutely no structure amongst the supervisors
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 15, 2018
Argus is an alright place to work for. When I first started the mission was to provide outstanding services to the clients But now is all about the money. Upper management do not care about the clients anymore. I used to feel good about coming to work. All the good Supervisors are gone ( the ones who actually cared ) . The supervisors now do not communicate with you as they should. And the turnover rate at Argus is thru the roof. The caseloads are heavy. Soooo much writing in between p-notes , care plans and assessments and other assignments as well. And then mandatory meetings and trainings no type of structure
Pros
Lunch hour, metro card
Cons
Health insurance and heavy case loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argus Community, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Argus Community, Inc. Reviews by Location