Arhaus Furniture Employee Reviews

Unique Retail Environment
Interior Design/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 25, 2019
Arhaus furniture was unique on the retail level, predominantly due to the fact that they had a special team that travelled the world in search of unique decorative furnishings/accessories. The quality of their American made upholstered furniture was excellent. Their Design service offered the consumer the opportunity for unique, personalized interiors.
Stressful
INTERIOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2019
The job was a sales/design position the design portion was fun but the sales side was stressful. The manager was childish and vindictive at times and the culture wasn't the best as far as fairness. In the month I was terminated 5 out of 7 sales associates did not make the quota and had either quit or was terminated within 2 weeks of my departure. Turnover was very high and in a 41/2 year employment I had 5 district managers 4 managers and 17 co-workers.
Zero integrity
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 21, 2019
When I started out with this company I was looking forward to it. Now, I have a completely different perspective. This company 100% lacks integrity. The managers, and higher ups, thrive on their power. Instead of addressing issues they may have so you can better them and grow, they find a simple alternative. They would rather have ‘yes’ men/women, than employees that actually have talent and integrity. The directors, and many managers thrive on having power. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone to be employed or to be a consumer.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horrific management, dishonest
if you are a leftest liberal you will fit in
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2019
there systems are confusing and 20 years old lots of paperwork answering phone scheduling delivers for all customers
The company doesn't care RUN AND DONT APPLAY

ONE OF THE WORST PLACES TO WORK
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
Not for everyone - work hard, succeed
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Working in the concierge department you can't go into it expecting a relaxing job. We take difficult calls, but the reorganization of our team has really lowered our call volumes to assist with more balance within the work day to appropriately assist our guests. If wanting to advance, you must work hard, be respectful, on time, and have a great attitude. Love working for Arhaus and don't plan on leaving anytime soon!
Only thing to work on is pay... would appreciate being paid a few dollars more an hour
Pros
Advancement, management, respect
Cons
Ok pay
Really good job if you have some experience
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Loved working here. Management was very professional, the company as a whole was well managed and the products are quality. I was given all the tools I needed to feel like I was almost running my own interior decorating business. We had some serious issues with delivery, but the company did a good job of managing problems in a professional way.
Pros
quality products, ethical work environment, good pay and work life balance, general good experience
Cons
not a lot of training after on-boarding, employees are, 'do all' designers, salesman, cashiers and customer service.
productive place to intern
Cross Functional Intern (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHDecember 11, 2018
great intern opportunities
many opportunities to learn
flexible
opportunities to learn and grow
good management
growing company that wants you to grow with them
Pros
growing company
Cons
no cons
Too short of a time worked for a review
Design Sales (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MONovember 14, 2018
6 months worked 4 yrs ago not enough time for a valid review
I can not give a decent review. Major cut throat sales. Little design work, all sales numbers.
The truth
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Boston heights ohOctober 14, 2018
The job is stressful, the management sucks they all talk behind your back. They promise you movement in the company then go with someone else. They expect you to not speak your mind when you think things are unfair. The workers there are cool. They show a lot of favoritism. They preach team but its really every department for themselves. If you know how to do everything they force you to do it or volunteer you to do it. They are very unorganized. Reviews once a year and they aint worth it
Pros
Benefits, 401k, co workers
Hard job.
Truck Driver/ Furniture Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 2, 2018
I was a delivery driver and making sure everything was on time was very difficult. I had to set up the furniture and make sure i was able to make it to the next appointment on time. Not always possible.
Benefits
Cons
Hard Work
l look forward to going to work each day.
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 29, 2018
Commission environment with high energy to sell daily. Daily client contact with slight physical contact of products. Work ethic a must to reach a substantial earning.
Pros
Design freely with Arhaus products.
Cons
Retail hours
Nothing good
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Too stressful....call center atmosphere with having to work with horrible customers/clients. There was never enough working to be able to cover the quality work that should be done
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Too stressful
Fun and Creative work enviornment
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Overseeing purchase orders along with scheduling of deliveries and receievables. High end furniture sales, space planning, selecting custom finishes and redecorating.
No appreciation or value for having been the top performer in the store. Hours were unending. Pay terrible. Not a progressive company in their thinkin
Interior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 28, 2018
Drudgery. Clients were highlight. If numbers were down at the retail store finger pointing and blame were courses of action. Awful place to work. Only taught me how to fight for myself.
Pros
Furniture discounts, decent health care benefits, good product training
Cons
long hours, poor pay, poor management.
Not much opportunity for advancement
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
They will tell you in the beginning that there is, but in reality its just a rouse. They only want sales people, and to advance only certain people. Would rather you stay a sales person for the benefit of "the team" but mainly for managers pay/bonus which is dependent on your performance. When things get tough the pressure is on to exceed goals. Manager hired me and saw that I had a bachelors in Interior Design, when the design position opened up and I asked to be considered she said "I didn't know you had a degree in ID." Which adds to the fact that they will hire anyone with sales background just to keep the numbers up, with no concern for your want to grow in the company.
Pros
You get experience with the interior design business, and how to build repertoire with guest who will potentially come back and work with you.
Cons
No real opportunity for advancement unless you live in Ohio.
If You Enjoy Selling - By All Means
Design Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
Too many over complicated logistical problems that should not exist. If you enjoy selling and don't mind far more responsibility than any other sales job - by all means, work for Arhaus.
Pros
commission and team bonus
Cons
short lunch breaks - far too many problems to make it worth the time
Run away from this place.
designer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
The rules are never consistent. We are treated like we are in 2nd grade. Bombarded by group texts. Commission plan was cut by 30%. You get to work twice as hard for half the money compared to last year.
Pros
Good health insurance, dental insurance, reinstated the matching 401K finally
Cons
forget trying to get an extra day off in August or January
Arhaus is a fun workplace environment with a high quality product.
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
I really enjoy the relationships that I have built with my team and with our clients. The creativity is involved with every interaction makes the job one that will impact every interaction that I have in the future.
Pros
Fun and creative.
Cons
Pay and hours
Not ready for California!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 30, 2018
The management was not successfully trained. The deliveries were so long that the company had probably 90% unsatisfied customers. The furniture is very beautiful though.
safe working environment
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 29, 2018
Delivery driver 26 foot truck. 11 Routs per shift. Unloading and assemble merchandise. Dealing with clients 12+14 hour shift, work as a team learn how to become a boss
Pros
bring own lunch
Cons
15 minuts brake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arhaus Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight