Aria Energy

Aria Energy Employee Reviews

a typical day a work: the typical day is based on directions your supervisor provided to you and your customer deliverables; how to achieve these task and directives are keys to success. what I learn: I learned some aspect of the Oil and Gas industry the process controls and data collection for historical data. management: Management structure is two levels; line manager and facilities director then the staff. Workplace culture: employees must be able to manage the schedules and customer requirements in a fast past manner and deliver great results. the hardest part of the job: effective communication between the line management and director is difficult because of travel and schedule of all concern. the most enjoyable part of the job: What being trusted to take initiates to solve process control process upsets at the remote production plants.
This place needs to have everyone fired and hire all new. They have their little clique there so if your not their buddy they push you right out the door.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
On call quite a bit
I have been here a couple of months now and am so happy here. Everyone communicates, management is very easy to talk to, lots to learn but worth it. The operators do tend to work long hours but none of them complain. Not many places these days take care of their employees as this place does. They do have a nice benefit plan and 401k options. I had a little trouble understanding that but they have someone you can talk to who walks you through everything. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the parts and some of the programs but if you are persistent in learning and stay patient it really can be fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing the company cares about you as an individual not just a number on the payroll and of course, the people you work with.
Pros
Everyone matters
Cons
None so far
great place to work, never felt more in a profesional enviroment, pay is great, benifit package is outstanding, management is great to work with and very undertsanding of personal lives
Pros
good pay, good benifits
Cons
long hours every once in a while
Absolutely the worst job I’ve ever had, management doesn’t want to help at all and blames you for every issue that comes up with the plants. All they care about is money and don’t reinvest any of that money back into the employees or the plants. You get a bonus if the plants that are falling into the ground keep running (Which they don’t), but that bonus is constantly threatened to be taken away for any reason or no reason at all.
Pros
They’ll never fire you cause the management doesn’t want to do any of the work.
Cons
Constantly being called out. No work to home balance. MANAGEMENT.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Working at aria energy was one of the worst experience of my life. Management was not helpful at all and only cared about how much money they can get out of the plants they did not care about your family’s or home life. I definitely do not suggest starting work here.
Pros - Salary, Bonus Cons - Management When I started working here it was great until management started telling one thing and then doing another. Also supervisor changing schedules for on-call when somthing doesnt work for him.
Life work balance is terrible. Lots of over night callouts of problems they won't fix because it doesn't apply to them. No assistance from supervisor when problem do arise. Your expected to do everything from plant operations to all maintenance in all types of weather. Pay is low for expectations. There is a bonus program that is rarely attainable. Lots of OT. They do pay for your insurance which is the only plus. Wouldn't recommend this job.
Pros
Paid insurance
Cons
Management, pay, and overnight callouts 85% of time oncall
At first it was great , then they send you all over for work and then WHEN YOU WORK OVER 40 HOURS THEY MAKE YOU TAKE TIME OFF TO GET BELOW 40!! Which I'm pretty sure is illegal to take your over time away in most states , upper management waste money on themselves alot but if you over spend at your plant your a bad person... I'd say the job is awesome but the place isn't a great place to work . Many more places to do the same thing and be happier.
Pros
Work is good
Cons
Who you work for isn't ..
it a great company to work for and the management team is so conciderate foe life in its self its very welcoming! great company! so check them out and if hired you will see what im talking about!
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Management pretends they want to help. Then they refuse to follow their own job summery and pretends to be bigger than what they are. By that I mean the regional manager only has about 8 employees total to look after. But acts like they are so busy that they can’t turn a wrench when needed even though it’s clearly written in their job description when short handed. It’s not fun to work for a sociopath.
The manager at this place is only manager due to a lack of options. The manager knows this, which is why he tries to keep the employees ignorant with how the plant operates. The manager fired our lead so he could bring on his buddy into the role. That's how this place works. You got to know someone. The plant itself seems dangerous. Several places around the plant looks like clean water puddles till you step in it, then it turns black as coal. Instead of fixing equipment, they just run through a large amount of soak-er pads, which get thrown into the dumpster due to the cost of properly removing them. This is a place to stay away from. Everything runs like it's held with duck tape. Employment here is a constant revolving door, just a place to stop till you find your next job.
Pros
Free health care which gets off set due to the low pay.
Cons
Everything else
Working for Aria Energy has been a rewarding career choice for myself. This is a company that is fast paced and in need of skilled workers who want to learn, and push themselves to be proficient at fixing any type of plant problem encountered dealing with Cat Engines, Electrical systems(low, medium and High Voltage), Mechanical systems, and Organization/Office setting paperwork A typical day working for Aria consists of Daily Checks on the Engines, Generators, Radiators, Gas Compression Room which consists of blowers, Electric Motors, Polishing skids, VFDs and Filters. Once this task is completed repairs noted are to be documented and repaired in order of priority. The goal is to keep the plant equipment maintained in a way that keeps production at peak efficiency. The company uses E-maintenance to help plan scheduled maintenance. I have learned that following scheduled maintenance by the letter increases plant production and reduces unscheduled maintenance. The rest of the work day consists of troubleshooting, repairs, and planning for the next work day. . In my experience with Aria I have observed some turnover with plant operators. I have worked with various operators in my 3 years of employment and currently have a very strong team I work with in my region. These Operators are willing to help out at any other plant in the company, work overtime when needed, and get tasks completed in a timely fashion with minimal daily supervision. Operators who could not work in this Positive Can-do environment no longer work for the company because they were not willing to put in - more...
Pros
Professional Career, working with the best in the industry, positive group of people, strong leadership and Morals
Cons
Balancing work vs. home schedule
The company itself has excellent pay and benefits. The work is fun always changing and challenging. Employees are treated poorly by other employees and nothing is done to correct it. Room for advancement is hit or miss. Employees underperforming are allowed to keep being that way and it causes a difficult work attitudes for other employees trying to complete tasks at the expected level. The company is significantly disorganized, employees have to answer to multiple managers, no 100% clear and effective training methods in place. The company is pushing for a better safety culture but they are lacking in a organized way to achieve it. As a whole the pay and benefits is what keeps most employees at Aria even with a very stressful and sometimes very toxic work environment. Not all days are like that but lately more have been bad then good.
Pros
Decent pay and great health benefits
Too many egos new management taking credit for improvements made to a poorly maintained plant by operator. Current maintenance Supervisor has absolutely no Pepe skills The company itself and the environmental staff are outstanding . Regional management inexperienced and a puppet with no backbone
Benefits
Cons
Long hours too many EGOS no understanding of PTSD inflicted employees.
You are told to fix things that you have never been properly trained on most co workers were cut throats looking to advance so watch your back. You never knew when you were getting done every day. Or if you were getting sent to another state to work and you could be walking into a complete nightmare of a plant that previous operators let go by and never did the maintenance so you have to pick up the slack. I once worked 21 hours straight only to come back in 3 hours later to start another 16. One thing good I could say was the regional manager was very fair and took care of his men with anything they needed he is a very smart man and needs to be employed by a better company to fit his talents.
Pros
Lots of bonuses and lots of hours
Cons
Unsafe, no home life or time off
Learned daily preventative maintenance and taking readings. Hardest part of the job was being on call and feeling married to the plant. Other operators were genuinely good people.
Lead man was a complete nut case and very dangerous, gets upset about anything and everything and when he does watch out because whatever is in his hand is getting thrown. I was threatened with termination within 2 weeks because of readings recorded with faulty equipment. The work is extremely fast paced, no time is allowed to let engines cool down so plan on pulling cylinder heads while their still blazing hot. Start time was 0700 and there was always talk about how much needs to be done in a day however decisions on what to do didn't seem to get made until around 1500. One thing that does not get mentioned in the interview is how much you are expected to use your personal vehicle for company business,including driving your vehicle to the top of the landfill. Yes, you can submit an expense report and get reimbursed for your fuel expenses. However it is clearly written in the company handbook that any damages or other incidents that occur while using your vehicle for the company will fall back on your private insurance provider. I never bothered to ask how a collision resulting in an injury or fatality would play out, does it fall on you or would you be covered by workmen's comp. insurance? I only worked there 2 weeks and I didn't get to know the management so I have nothing good or bad to say about them. I do have a sneaking suspicion that they are very well aware of the problems at the Carlton farms location and are clueless/ powerless or maybe do not care to fix these issues. No company that offers healthcare that you do not have to pay for, monthly production bonuses - more...
Pros
Not my problem anymore.
Cons
Safety is a joke, no training program, toxic work environment
Long hrs. Pay not very good. Management is almost nonexistent or doesn’t care enough to get involved. Excessive smoke breaks. Employees left to correct problems on their own and blamed when something goes wrong. U lose bonus’s regularly. Drug testing should be performed periodically.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay, oncall and the hrs.
This is my opinion. - A typical work day was decent, after receiving tasks, we worked at our own pace for the most part. - I can honestly say that I have learned a lot, I have learned how to drive some heavy equipment, use wielding and cutting torch etc. and loads of environmental regulations. - Upper Management was fair and for the most part respectful. After the old supervisor resigned because of stressful situations, the new supervisor started their reign of terror, because two were jockeying for the new supervisor opening. The educationally unprepared old coworker was disgruntled and continued to make the workplace culture very hard. - The hardest part of the job was preparing to go to a toxic work environment, on top of other hazards in the workplace ad being on-call. - The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my efforts was saving the planet for CO2/ greenhouse gases, by helping to transform it into renewable energy.
Pros
Upper Management treated us fairly but tough.
Cons
Lower Management treated us with disdain.
The Well Field Technician is a pretty mobile function. A typical day at work will consist of extensive field movement, data recording using required instruments, may include LFG well physical repairs. Also, you operate in a self-managed mode in relation to task and time. Workplace culture varies because the job is field oriented as field location changes. For me, there is no hard or easy side to the job or enjoyable or sad side, this is because the job is not the best fit for my skill set. I've accepted the position and will operate honestly and to the best of my ability as I need to keep my employment status active and continuous.
  1. Employee Reviews