Aria Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company to work for!!!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2018
I have worked here for 9 years where I started out as a plant operator and was able to work my way up to a regional manager through the advancement program. This company has provided a safe working environment. There is something always different to do and learn in this job. You can really become a jack of all trades working here. It's what makes the job fun and interesting. There is opportunity to travel across America and see other cities as we have plants around the US. Benefits are provided and paid for by the company and pay is very competitive. The job can be hard and demanding at times but this is what I love about the job as it can keep you on your toes and its not always just the same old thing day after day. I would say the toughest part of this job is having to be on call after hours on a rotating schedule.
Pros
Health Benifits, Paid vacation, Bonuses, Safe Enviornment
Cons
After hours on call required(rotating)
Great Company with Room for Advancement
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Grove CIty, OHApril 19, 2018
Opportunity for travel and learning new skills. Responsible for facilities, plant operation, and also maintenance of rotating equipment. Great opportunity for an entry level position in renewable energy.
Poor Management
Accounting (Former Employee) –  NoviFebruary 16, 2018
There is no controls over management and they are allowed to do what they want and treat people however they want. Given the option they would rather hurt than help you.
Pros
location
Cons
management, hours, culture
High Turnover for a Reason
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Initially, Aria sounds like a great place to work, but ends up being less than admirable. Managers micro-manage; accounting is understaffed and manager expectations are sky high, so you will regularly work late nights resulting in little to no work life balance; management does not listen to employee complaints and feedback, and their response to said complaints is defensive and they even go so far as to blame employees and potential candidates for their issues. This has caused serious turn over problems, leaving many employees, including myself, to rather be jobless than work at Aria. If you find yourself at an accounting/finance interview here, I encourage you to ask about why the turnover rate is so high. The pay and benefits are the only perk, as I thought the pay was competitive and Aria covers 100% of health care costs for the employee. However, they're not worth the high levels of stress, long hours (10-12 hour work days), micro management, an poor culture.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Culture, Management, Stress
Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan and NY OfficesJanuary 2, 2018
Current employee, 19 years on the job, great company to work for and great career in renewable energy.

Aria Energy grew out of several smaller companies, a growing company allows for new opportunity and a stronger company.

Safety is taken seriously, employees are empowered to make change and keep everyone safe.

Work days can be long, on call work is challenging, benefits and insurance is top notch.
Pros
Great insurance and other benefits such as annual boot allowance
Cons
On call work is tough, energy jobs are demanding, people like electricity!
Good Job
Lead Power Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 4, 2017
Great company great pay ok bonus good time off clean place to work small company so they know who you are. training available get to travel to other plants to work.
Best Job I've ever had. Fair Work/Life balance.
Power Plant Technician/Operator (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Really great job for a technician. Good Pay , benefits are really good and they are paid by the company. Not a bad place to work at all! It will be hard to move up much in the company just because of the company structure. Someone will have to quit or move up themselves for much of a change.
Pros
flexible hours, pay, great benefits
Cons
On-call, lots of cleaning, hard to advance.
Aria's a
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 20, 2017
I've worked for Aria for almost 10 years now. The best part of the company are the people. I work with a great group of people and enjoy going into work every day. I feel the work I do at Aria is rewarding and can see the positive impact it has on our employees. It's also satisfying to know the company I work for is making a positive impact on our environment. Aria offers a competitive wage to employees and a top notch benefit package that would be hard for other companies to match.
Not a job, but a career
regional manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2017
I left a comfortable union job to better myself and reach my full potential after seeing what my future self had in store. Ten years later and I'm looking forward to the next ten! This job by nature can be stressful at times, between call outs, production goals, and failures. But if you're one to pull personal rewards out of those small victories and welcome new challenges, this job will give you a sense of pride that even, I, look forward to everyday. Many changes have been made throughout the years, but all to benefit the people that punch in everyday. These include an importance in safety, operator advancement system, training programs and even the creation of company wide standard operating procedures. Although the basis of the job revolves around safely achieving production goals, there are many aspects and tasks that break up the monotony. I'm not one that travels, but thanks to this company I have traveled all over the US for work reasons and have met some amazing people, as well as experienced different places and work environments. I wanted a career (not just a job) where my efforts were noted, my failures were discussed and my successes were praised and I found that with Aria. Coming from someone that started as an entry level operator and advanced to my current role, I would recommend Aria to all.
Pros
very unique enviroment, great pay and benefits, pretty uniform equipment within the fleet, standard procedures
Cons
Job can be challenging at times, but those challenges are easily rectified with the people we have in place
dont turn your back to management
Machinist/ programer (Former Employee) –  Oakfield, NYMarch 20, 2017
don't walk with your back to the management staff in Oakfield shop it will cost you if you don't think on the same page as them. the guys in the shop are great to work with other than that very poor managemnt
If I could give it zero's I would
Plant Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 12, 2017
At the beginning it wasn't that all bad. The employees had a nice size monthly bonus, pretty flexible schedule / hours and overall a very relaxed work environment. Then the company merged and everyone in the company started dropping like flies. Some of the upper management should of been replaced more then most of the employees. They got rid of some very talented employees at most of the plants. And these were the guys would actually helped you in the time of need. Now, employee morale is very low, the day doesn't end soon enough, pay wage is much lower and just a overall drag. No support from co-workers, upper management and or poor knowledge.
Pros
There is really none
Cons
Long hours and travel times between plants, low pay, low morale
Rewarding Company
Lead Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Argos, INDecember 14, 2016
Great Company, alot of opportunity to learn new skill sets. Plenty of training. Management is very experienced and appreciative for going above and beyond. Treated like family. You will get what you put into the company. Opportunity to travel to other plants. Miss the company and would go back if in my area.
Pros
Company promotes ownership of your plant.
Cons
Rapidly changing company culture
N/a
Plant Manager/lead operator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 12, 2016
It is gas to energy plant. They are located on landfills. The Company is large. Located all over the U.S. The company merged with 2 other companies.
Unsafe
Power Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Sloughhouse, CAOctober 26, 2015
Disregard for employee safety. No management. Always out of supplies. No training. Do not enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Pay isn't bad
Cons
Unsafe