Arias Agencies
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Arias Agencies Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews

Productive and fun but certain leadership ruins whole office

Productive and fun environment with opportunities for growth and income but unfortunately some leaders only care about themselves which is effectively ruining my career here

Pros

Learn a lot, great team members and work environments, decent commission

Cons

Leadership, feeling valued

Not as advertised in anyway

Training is bare minimum and not close to professional standards. Environment is unprofessional as all get out, as well as pay structure. Higher ups make the money, the statistics of the amount of calling you do will not add up to success. Bullying as well is in this work environment. If looking to apply, I would highly recommend going somewhere else.

Arias Agencies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging

you get paid what you put in

If you are coachable, bring high energy and have a great attitude you will succeed and change your life forever. This Agency is like a leadership and development school, we just happen to sell life insurance. Core Values are what keep our organization growing and winning

Pros

bonus structure and commission

Cons

no cons for me

Not all agents have the same level playing field

If you're a non-resident they will make you get a google number that comes up as spam on most smart phones. Automatic red flag for anyone trying to sell something. All they care about is phone calls. They wont let you try to grow your business outside of phone calls....nor would I want to give my upline commissions on my own leads. New agents be careful but their are some very successful people that work here. Took over a month to start with this company once I had my license. Then it took a few more weeks after that before I was released. Be prepared to wait awhile before you can sign a contract.

Pros

Great attitudes. Wish I had some of these people at my other jobs. Virtual.

Cons

Recycled leads. Successful agents and managers get better leads

Very shady

It is very hard to get sales consistently unless you like taking advantage and forcing sales. 98% of the people you will be trying to sell have no idea that they are there for life insurance. So the are basically cold leads but even worse because you have to lie to them to get in front of them. Commission is good but they really force trying to get your friends and family to work there. Kinda like a MLM scheme. Spent a month and a half training (unpaid) just to barley get 70 leads for the month and all them are child safe, which are family requesting child safe kits nothing to do with Life insurance. You can replace the leads but you have to call them 20 times to get them replaced. Not a casual sales job will definitely have to force almost every sale.

The job started out great, but there were too many managers that all wanted things done their way making for an unsettling work environment.

Very high overturn rate because job duties and responsibilities are glorified in interview process and changed upon accepting position. Bad management.

Pros

Work experience.

Cons

Horrible management, bad hours.

Recruits need to know

Arias Jax recruited me for an agent position. I have 20+ years in very competitive industries Biotech being the most focused. The managers are very young and inexperienced and have little management experience. There was no directed plan to guide you through getting the License. I had a ten minute conversation with one of the managers. He signed me up for the state exam. I have not sold insurance before but have much experience in healthcare insurance. When I called with a question, no one was available. They do not return your call. As an 1099 agent, they do not invest in you. You pay for the exam. They do not appear invested in helping you through the process if you are new. It sounds like they want you to memorize a canned script. I have been there with pharma sales. Successful sales occurs through building trust and relationships. And you have to know your products and do what you say you will do. No one mentors you through the process. I have always been a proven self starter. But, if you are new to the industry, I would not go with this company. I doubt if you can depend on them for other support to pull sales through--with providing you with essential tools needed to succeed e.g. paperwork, etc. I walked before I wasted more time with them. When the manager explained their "necessary canned pitch", I immediately had the feeling it was a micromanage situation. And as 1099, you are your own boss. I have always been in the top ten. But I did not get there without sincerity and listening skills. No one wants to buy anything from a robot. I buy my own life insurance from -

Pros

The have an innovative niche market that sounded promising--not sure if it really pans out

Cons

No one in management has true professional skills in managing, training, and support

MLM scheme masquerading as Life insurance Sales

The interview and the meeting had with one of their managing agents made the company sound so good. Said no cold calls the numbers seemed very good for only a few sales. And said the training was paid. They didn't pay me anything. That these leads are barely not cold leads. They push referral sales like crazy as well as recruiting referrals almost MLM scheme bad. And you have to be great lier to work for them as you don't come out and say your selling insurance until your halfway through a presentation. My personal training class was bad trainers we re late or skipped out on classes or me and I didn't see any pay for it..... If it works for you more power to you but I feel my reputation would have gone down if I completed the training and started working. Major demands on you to meet numbers of calls and presentations. Hours like 8am to 9pm so you have no life as well. When you should be able to set your own schedule for this kind of sketchy job. Training was very delayed by about a month for me and then it didn't start on Monday like I was told it started Wednesday

Fun Environment

This is the first position I accepted out of college and I am glad I did. I was a college athlete so the team environment has been a great fit. They do a lot of team nights and there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Pros

Free food, leadership opportunities, great training, team culture

Cons

Must be willing to work hard and build relationships

An excellent career opportunity

Arias Agencies is famous for its workplace culture, but the opportunity is unlimited, as famously quoted by American Income Life. Yes, the turn-over rate is high! Yes, we recruit people who seem to have a mindset of a business-athlete! And yes, your up-line will make an additional amount, usually less than 5%, of what you make. The work is hard, and many people prefer the hourly wage because your work ethic reflects your income. If you are small thinker, and are not willing to put in some extra effort, your time at Arias Agencies will more than likely be short-lived. The opportunity to earn residual income, lead and teach others, and help families is, without a doubt, larger than any other company. This business has forever changed my life and allowed me to change the lives of others as well.

Pros

Residual income, leadership opportunities, free food

Cons

Hard work, Requires Commitment

Good money, terrible training

Training is horrendous, they just give u scripts to memorize, and tell you to go sale. Most of the leadership are young, inexperienced, and only know how to repeat the script over and over. Frankly, it works to some extent, but it forces you into a position of being a one time agent instead of a lifetime agent, also hurts retention, thus causing you lose a lot of income on the back end.

Pros

Money, traveling, no 9-5

Cons

Long hours, bad training, toxic work environment, bad/low leads

Not good

I didn't fit in with the culture. You are not successful unless you have a ton of personals, and also if you have a ton of referrals. It also doesn't matter if you work hard.

Pros

Learned a lot

Cons

Everything else

Good if you like cults

You will be good here if you can lie to people. That’s all it is is a big lie. Your managers don’t care about you. You’re working for a mlm hiding behind insurance. You only get promoted if you make all of your friends work here.

Team Players

This company is so much fun to work with and learn from. They're very team oriented with lots of advancement available. Everyone seems to go above and beyond.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Takes a lot of dedication

Avoid

Don’t fall for it folks. Don’t believe the interviews, the hype, the promises. You will work 6 days a week, 10-12 per day, and you’ll either make around minimum wage or less. If you don’t fit the mold, you don’t eat. If you’re comfortable not knowing if you’ll have a paycheck, go for it.

I loved working for the morgantown wv office

I would recommend this to anyone who is willing and able to put the time and effort into building a strong business for themselves.it is full commission and requires a lot of very time consuming "no's". With that being said, if you can make it through the not so good days.... Many great days will come.

Arias Agencies

Great place to work to learn the beginning of entrepreneurship. You don’t pay for leads but they are often recycled old leads. Pay can be great as long as you get leads and write business and don’t have any chargebacks

Pros

Get to meet a lot of people and travel, Freedom to work whenever, Unlimited growth opportunities especially in Management

Cons

All commission plus Chargebacks, Lots of driving, Inconsistent schedule, no balance between work and family time

Amazing opportunity if you’re willing to work hard

Amazing amazing amazing people, environment, great management that helps you develop yourself professionally! Amazing coworkers I love the culture!! Amazing coworkers! Everybody wants to see everybody succeed! You’re rewarded for what you put in! So be prepared to work your butt off and you’ll reap all the rewards!!:D if you go in half heartedly don’t expect to make life changing income! But if you give it your all it’s an amazing opportunity!

Life Changing Opportunity

This is the first place I've ever worked where I feel an actual sense of purpose and find myself excited to get up and go to work. The leadership team is constantly spending time helping us grow personally and professionally. There's such a genuine focus on helping everyone grow and improve in all areas of life. You just don't find a management team that truly spends their time growing themselves so they can pour into their people. It's just not something you see, ever. You genuinely find that here. The money is great although it's not a walk in the park. You have to hustle and do the work if you really wan't to excel. I've seen 20-24 year olds make $100k+ in their first year which still blows my mind. This company has changed my life in so many ways and I walked in with no experience. 0. All I started with was an open mind and laser sharp focus.

This company is amazing to work at if you're motivated amd ready to grind. You have to be willing to put in the hard work. Like really hard work. Only a few hard working individuals can make a successful living in Arias Agencies. It sadly didnt work out for me because I wasnt willing to put in the work. Opportunity unlimited is the best. I hope it works out for anyone that decides to join Arias Agencies!! Good luck!!

Great environment to excel.

Strongly encourages nurturing mind, body, and spirit for a work/self balance. Although you are basically your own business owner, you have all the resources you need at no cost! You know you are part of an amazing, unparalleled organization.

Pros

Just a good place to be.

Cons

Most are not willing and eager to work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arias Agencies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits