Ariat International Employee Reviews

Watch Your Back...
N/A (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 15, 2019
Productivity standards are mediocre, if any at all... succeed in your role, beware of criticism from the low-performing team, including management.

Management on the operations side are biased and lack ethics. They offer "promotions" within department with more responsibilities, accounts, tasks without matching compensation. Leadership prefer to ignore the unhealthy, discriminatory workplace/personnel concerns of safety and leave it to the employees to "figure it out" on their own. Management also avoid addressing other labor/HR complaints until Labor Department is mentioned - beware of termination at this point. Turnover is high, considering the brand.

Upper management prefer to remain oblivious to operations/logistic teams. Nepotism and favoritism also runs rampant here, as well.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Management, pay, discriminatory workplace culture.
Poor managment Ariat retail
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 7, 2019
Terrible manager with zero problem solving skills for new store that is badly placed in a mall with no Ariat-customers. Senior director manager for retail is completely incompetent when it comes to listening to the employees or taking any actions when issues arise. There is no point in working hard since nobody in this company gets reprimanded for wrongful doing and your complaints will not be taken seriously!
Sadly, it's the brand that suffers from a badly formed retail team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managment
Great People and Interesting Work
Footwear Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 27, 2018
The culture at Ariat is truly awesome
The people are amazing
The office is very inviting and friendly and they are a very tight knit group
It was honestly a great place to be
Great Product
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2018
Ariat is a good company with great product. They are fair and generally treat their employees well. Work life balance is difficult, as working at Ariat is demanding.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 1, 2018
It depends on the time of year. A typical day can be very productive and extremely fast past. Within your department you are able to learn other job tasks. Management is ? The culture is fair. There is no hardest part of any of the positions I have held. Holidays throughout the year is very enjoyable. You work hard all year long and when the season approaches. Everyone is in the spirit, where you can say or feel you accomplished a good quarter or year.
Great product & people
Facilities Assistant / Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Ariat, although my position changed over time to one that I wasn't really suited for. Ultimately I chose to leave to relocate closer to family.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
Lack of advance opportunities. Change in job role
Fast paced and fun work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Union City, CASeptember 13, 2017
Ariat International is a fun place to work. Products have patented foot bed technology and the material of their apparel is woven from environmental protection technology. See the new styles being placed on their website www.ariat.com. Ariat International original designs support the equestrian athlete.
Career advancements are supported. We worked together as a team under excellent management. I liked that all the open door policy.The company held training and department meetings to encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and meet monthly sales goals.
It is a fast paced creative environment.
Pros
Expanding my knowledge for Ariat products. Free lunches!
Very relaxed inviorment
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Union City, CASeptember 11, 2017
Great discounts. Lots of company funded outings. Owner very involved in day to day running of business. Could bring pet to work. Wonderful product. Great snacks.
Pros
Great management
Cons
inconsistant bonus structure
Territory sales
Territory Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CAJuly 7, 2017
In covering 5 states and working with independent retailers, I found that this isn't what the company wanted to focus on. They created their own web site and competed head to head with their own customers, which made selling product very difficult.
Pros
Western and work products excellent
Cons
casual products were a disaster
Nice place to work.
Sr. Director Global Product Management Apparel (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 14, 2017
In general Ariat is a nice place to work. A fast paced work environment with new challenges always coming up. A strong brand with leadership in its market.
Fantastic Company Culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 31, 2017
I loved working for Ariat International. There was a very genuine sense that we were all working towards something together and it was a team effort. I look back very fondly at my time working at this company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Union City isn't the most glamorous location
Team Builder
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I work in a call center answer up to 100 calls per day.
Process Order/Data Entry
Handling the Outlook warranty Que in a timley manner.
Family Orientated and Extremly wonderful place to work
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 8, 2016
I actually enjoyed going to work everyday. They treat you like family from the start. Very friendly and diverse working environment. All the departments are in one building so when you have questions or concerns there is always someone to answer
Changing and enjoyable work with plenty of opportuntiy for input
Director, Product Engineering and Quality (Current Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 1, 2016
Everyone strives to make the best quality and performing product each day. Good work environment with plenty of challenges that allows you to grow and learn.
Footwear and apparel manufacturer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 9, 2016
A very friendly and family oriented company with a great pay and yearly bonuses. The workload was balance and I had an amazing relationship with the CEO, Human resource, my boss and my coworkers. Ariat made it fun to work there because we often had company activities for the employees.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Only in California
Good product Quality
North East territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 9, 2016
Good sale manager, product quality is outstanding, good sale team to work with. My day was work with 2 to 3 accounts per day in the northeast.
Great work atmosphere - office building recently had a beautiful remodel
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 12, 2016
I loved my co-workers, there was a mutual respect among us and we work together like family. All very talented and dedicated.
Benefits
Productive work environment
SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work includes conducting workshops with business users to gather requirements, analyzed Gaps and suggested the TO BE process.
What's it like working for Ariat?
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 20, 2014
Ariat is a growing company with top notch people in every area. Expectations are high, expectations of work output is high and that level of work can become hard.
Pros
talented people, interesting product, travel, stable company, great employee discount, free food
Cons
extremely heavy workload (late nights & weekends), lots of 911s, not very flexible, politics
Fun, and rewarding place to work; great culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 7, 2014
- Strong continuity of strategy and management in the business
- Great family culture
- Great brand, and fun category (boots, jeans, apparel)
- Bring your dog to work!
- New renovation of building and environment is awesome
- Growing company, so there's always new things to do
- Marketing team is collaborative and fun. Leadership in Marketing is strong, communicative and very approachable
- Hardest part of the job: high growth requires additional processes and communication and can stretch the organization. But it also creates new opportunities
- Yes, I would recommend working in this department.
Pros
Fun brand, great people, dogs everywhere
Cons
Growth stretches the organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ariat International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Ariat International Reviews by Location