Ariel Corporation Employee Reviews

Upper Guide Vice (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2018
Professional but relaxed work environment. Clean and organized work areas. Employees have a sense of unity. While I worked there I never saw any type of confrontation between employees.
Good company to work for. Growing and expanding.
Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 27, 2018
It was a very good company to work for. At the time I worked there it was a very family oriented culture. You felt like you were a part of the family. Very good benefits.
Good company
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 13, 2018
Great company if you live in central Ohio. You will not find another company like this in the whole state. Amazing culture, amazing benefits and employees are treated fairly.

HR department could use an overall but do not let that stop you from working here.
Pros
Family Owned, Profit Sharing. 401K, continuing education
Cons
VP of HR runs the company like a military, or tries to.
Privately owned company
Human Resource Events & Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Great benefits, wages are good for the area. Supply chain is good department to work in. 24/7 manufacturing facility. Family benefits are great if you have children.
Pros
Great employee events
Cons
Lots of hours.
close to home, owner community icon
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Nice company in small town usa. Owner is a well known through out County and does lots for the community. However never met her, have seen her at meetings but never has she met with employees. lower Management leaves a lot to be desired, a lot of back stabbing, favorites, two faced management. A lot of racial slurs.
Pros
good for the community
Cons
owner doesn't know what floor management does.
Productive and Easy going work with family base
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty relax. You do have to get all of your work done in a timely manner. I learned how to use machines through them, Hardest part of the job is as any on your feet A lot. best part would be the events they host for employees and their families.
Pros
Events for employees
Cons
Stressful
Awesome place to work.
Assembler/ Heavy Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Ariel was a dream job but I made the change at a poor time in 2008. I can't say enough good things about Ariel. I would love to be back there today. I never dreamed people could be so great to there employees.
Pros
Everything was Great
Spares Tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 6, 2017
This company is a growing company that looks out for their workers and their families. The benefits that they provide are top notch! They have a 401k (with a match) and retirement.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities are low
Productive and Fun Place To Work at
Project and Processing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 3, 2017
Productive and Fun Place To Work at. The place has great workplace culture with new management that came in. I really enjoyed the typical day at work and enjoyed working with everyone.
Stepping Stone NOT a place to retire
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 28, 2017
8 years here. Many as a Contract Temporary Employee. If you manage to make it through years of being paid 11 dollars an hour with no health insurance to make the cut to become a FTE you will finally make it to the point where you get a 2 dollar raise and less than a weeks vacation. Ariel commonly forfeits its employees out of Christmas Bonuses because they claim theyre not turning enough profit. Profit sharing checks never reflect profit, theyre a couple hundred dollars a quarter. HR is a nightmare, God forbid you get hurt working there. Good place if you need to get back on your feet but dont expect a career. These folks are cuthroat. No smoking on property either.No leaving on lunches. CAMERAS everywhere. Use to be a GREAT place to work before they put production ahead of employees.
Pros
Wellness Center
Cons
No smoking ON PROPERTY. No leaving on paid lunches.
Great Company
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 20, 2017
Ariel is a great company who cares about the workers and community. The promotions are fair and if you're a hard worker then you will be noticed. The benefits are great as well.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Temps almost never get hired into the company
Long hours with micro managing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 8, 2017
Bad place to work at...you are micro-manged by managers that seem to seek out certain people while ignoring others. One standard is ok for the bosses pet while not for you!
Pros
good benifits and pto
Cons
Long hours inside one small place...micro management
Really Learned alot from the senior Assmbly Technicians
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHOctober 8, 2017
The Core Senior Assembly Technicians took a lot of care and time teaching me all the skills and trades it takes to be a proficient Technician. Very Grateful for the time they took teaching me.
Pros
Learned Alot
Cons
Mangement Conflicts and Lack of leadership accountabillity
Prodcutive
Administration/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 18, 2017
The job was steady. Nice people. I worked 1st shift. Liked meeting new people and being up front. Great benefits and profit sharing. The pay was good.
Pros
Local
Cons
Short term job
Loved the actual job but,management suck's and alot of favortism.
Machinists (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OHAugust 31, 2017
I worked there for years .The insurance is great but I felt like I was at a concentration camp.They had the Matt and Don show,where they wanted plenty of brown nosing or you went nowhere and I saw alot of people quit and fired.It's only a matter of time till it catches up with the company .All salaried got huge bonuses and we got apples and a $50 lannings food card .What a joke.
Pros
Great insurance.
Cons
Management, raises suck.
Hourly Rate
CNC OD Grinder; Finish Department, Commerce Drive (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, OH 43019August 1, 2017
I started at Aerial at 14.60 an hour. Never missed a day of work, worked straight overtime 12 hours a day. When I terminated I was making 19.60 and hour.
Pros
Profit Sharing & Benefits
Cons
Stuck on the same night shift for years
Ok
Stores Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 12, 2017
The hours are really long. But, you only work 3-4 days a week. They offer overtime a lot so that is nice. You normally start on night shift which is horrible.
Best company that I have ever worked for.
Machine Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 30, 2017
Great work environment, the company culture is top notch. They genuinely care about their employees and it is evident in every aspect of operations. Best benefits I have had from any employer.
Great company to work for
Product Trainer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 9, 2017
This company really cares about its customers, and its employees. Working as an intern there, my experience didn't prepare me to work with gas compressors, but my managers were very able to accommodate, placing me in a design team where I was comfortable. One of the VPs invited me into his office and we talked for a while about my career aspirations, and invited me to visit a company that he was a board member of. I really felt valued here, and it was my favorite job out of the ones I've had.
Pros
Free lunches, small little town, accommodates your living situation
Cons
Small town, about an hour away from the city
Great place for entry level positions
Plant floor engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 17, 2017
Great entry level position that taught a lot and had you doing even more. You get to see the various aspects of the company come together at every meeting and be a true team.