Ariel Corporation Management reviews

Upper Guide Vice (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2018
Professional but relaxed work environment. Clean and organized work areas. Employees have a sense of unity. While I worked there I never saw any type of confrontation between employees.
close to home, owner community icon
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Nice company in small town usa. Owner is a well known through out County and does lots for the community. However never met her, have seen her at meetings but never has she met with employees. lower Management leaves a lot to be desired, a lot of back stabbing, favorites, two faced management. A lot of racial slurs.
Pros
good for the community
Cons
owner doesn't know what floor management does.
Productive and Fun Place To Work at
Project and Processing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 3, 2017
Productive and Fun Place To Work at. The place has great workplace culture with new management that came in. I really enjoyed the typical day at work and enjoyed working with everyone.
Stepping Stone NOT a place to retire
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 28, 2017
8 years here. Many as a Contract Temporary Employee. If you manage to make it through years of being paid 11 dollars an hour with no health insurance to make the cut to become a FTE you will finally make it to the point where you get a 2 dollar raise and less than a weeks vacation. Ariel commonly forfeits its employees out of Christmas Bonuses because they claim theyre not turning enough profit. Profit sharing checks never reflect profit, theyre a couple hundred dollars a quarter. HR is a nightmare, God forbid you get hurt working there. Good place if you need to get back on your feet but dont expect a career. These folks are cuthroat. No smoking on property either.No leaving on lunches. CAMERAS everywhere. Use to be a GREAT place to work before they put production ahead of employees.
Pros
Wellness Center
Cons
No smoking ON PROPERTY. No leaving on paid lunches.
Long hours with micro managing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 8, 2017
Bad place to work at...you are micro-manged by managers that seem to seek out certain people while ignoring others. One standard is ok for the bosses pet while not for you!
Pros
good benifits and pto
Cons
Long hours inside one small place...micro management
Loved the actual job but,management suck's and alot of favortism.
Machinists (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OHAugust 31, 2017
I worked there for years .The insurance is great but I felt like I was at a concentration camp.They had the Matt and Don show,where they wanted plenty of brown nosing or you went nowhere and I saw alot of people quit and fired.It's only a matter of time till it catches up with the company .All salaried got huge bonuses and we got apples and a $50 lannings food card .What a joke.
Pros
Great insurance.
Cons
Management, raises suck.
Best company that I have ever worked for.
Machine Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 30, 2017
Great work environment, the company culture is top notch. They genuinely care about their employees and it is evident in every aspect of operations. Best benefits I have had from any employer.
I was only summer help
Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 19, 2015
The CEO is very generous. I was just a college student and she gave me a job just for the summer to make some money before college.
Easy-going and productive workplace.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 7, 2013
Great company to work for and great co-workers. Enjoyed all the management aspects and directing/teaching others. Typical day of work involved meetings, paperwork, and leading others. Not much career advancement opportunity past middle-level management.
Pros
Flexible shifts, good benefits and pay
Cons
No career advancement