ARISE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Top half loses site of the bottom half
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 14, 2018
Enough said. You have to wait a year before you are eligible for benefits, but also be 30 hours plus a week to qualify. Cell phone is a must but will not reimburse for that either.
Work from home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 8, 2018
It's alright have to watch time clock for hours to work it ain't what everyone make it out to be if you like to have to fight for your hours and a steady pay check then this is for you
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Need set schedule for employees to make money
If the system works, great, if not, can be very frustrating, and not financially worthwhile
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
I learned a lot about call center service, and the company that i was contracted to work for. the classroom hours were interesting, but we were not paid for those.
I love it
Intuit Turbotax Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 7, 2018
I love choosing my own hours and working when ever i want to its amazing i wouls lovw another job like this one I love working for my self and paying my own taxes
Flexibility
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2018
Overall, you have the ability to work and set the hours you would like instead of having to go by a strict schedule. The flexibility is what is most important, and the fact you have the ability to be home and comfortable as well get the best training and opportunity to own your own business is far more rewarding and reliable as a part time income.
Work From Home, very advantageous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FL 33027June 1, 2018
The client was new so training was constantly changing. Started out with no selling then selling was required. The new systems kept crashing. No one on one.
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
No personal supervisor
Independent Contractor Customer Service
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2018
After spending $300 on getting my system going - the job became difficult. Pay was by minute and ranged from .22 per minute or higher. Required skill training was not paid for and rewarded contractors with 99 plus hours. It is a good opportunity for self motivating people. I don't recommend for busy moms with kids at home.
Pros
Self employed.
Cons
Little pay
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2018
Arise Virtual Solutions gave me the opportunity to work from home and be available for my children. I have had great coaches that have encouraged growth and leadership to teach and train others.
Highly Recommended
IBM Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2018
I worked for Arise as 2 years. I have all good things to say about them. We were paid and yes, I was always paid on time. We were given a 12 month calendar. I knew when every payday was. If it fell on a holiday, there was a slight adjustment (usually paid before holiday).

I received emails daily of anything that was of importance to me as an independent agent. They are a great group of people.

I would recommend them. After taking a short leave, I will be returning as soon as I can get the class scheduled.
Great experience
Contracted Employee (Former Employee) –  M ichiganMay 27, 2018
Basically a typically day working for a client under Arise usually resolves around handling customer complaints, etc. Each day is never the same it can either be relaxed, stressful or just an awesome day. Which for me the latter was most prevalent.

I learned great customer service skills, multitasking, the call center industry and definitely the work at home indsustry.

As far as management, I found the trainers to be excellent part of the process when going for a client but the higher up management I am not too sure about.

The hardest part of the job for me was using the client's systems, the system in question was very antiquated like a windows 95 version of software where things would crash constantly and would impact your customer's calls on a daily basis. Which then would affect your scores and impact your eligibility for hours etc. Also what I found not enjoyable was the shadier side of the clients practices etc.

The most enjoyable part was working with customers on a daily basis
You pay for training, technical problems of the wazzoo, I have not been paid a dime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2018
At first, the company sounds great. They said in the presentation but they’re trying to bring customer service and technical support jobs back to the United States to help improve the economy and to give disabled people a way to work. These are the facts that you need to know:

1. You will pay for your own training.

2. You will not be paid for your training. In my case, I worked for a cable company and spent 20 hours a week for 4 weeks before being eligible to earn money.

3. Technical support is needed. I found that if I was scheduled to work six hours, I would spend about three hours waiting for technical support. There is a way to be paid for your downtime while dealing with technical problems, But it requires you to file a request within 24 hours. If you forget, or can’t go online to submit the report by some reason, you are out the money.

4. I have not received a dime for the 100 hours that I worked. My independent business operator disappeared and Arise was not willing to help me at all. I am just out of luck unless I want to hire a lawyer.

At first, I was hopeful that this could be a good, flexible job and that being at home wake make up for the low pay. Unfortunately, nothing in the presentation when I was first looking at the company was true. Life goes on, I am working somewhere else now, but I wanted to do my part in warning others that it may be in your best interest to move on and look somewhere else to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No help from the company when I was not paid
Self employed
Inbound Product Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 25, 2018
Enjoyed helping agents with knowledge and enjoyed the experience. Self employed and enjoy my freedom of working when hours are flexible. I am looking for part time work to compensate for loss of total income
Relaxed atmosphere with great co-workers.
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2018
Relaxed workspace with great co-workers and management. Salary raises and advancements are super slow and very minimal for the amount of training required.
Pros
Free lunches if no mistakes are made when audited.
Cons
Low pay and slow advancement.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 21, 2018
In home I was able to make my own schedule. I would answer calls for Staples, Road Side Assistance, Disney Dine In reservations. The pay was sufficient enough for the business.
Best part is making the custotmers happy
IBO (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
The customers kept me going for this company because that's my joy, on a literal and spiritual realm, making the customers happy.

I found that Arise and their clients have a great relationship when it comes to making sure the CSP/agents meet their metrics. Going the extra mile for a customer, defusing a customer, changing a cusotmers mind from leaving the company, etc. doesn't mean much at all if their unrealistic and almost impossible AHT(average handle time) Stats are not met.

I also found that there is discrimination on a very subtle level that keeps you from achieving and meeting their so-called metrics, and from being a shining star. There's a lot more I could say, but for the sake of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and with the thought of everyone has a chance to change, and there's a reason and purpose for everyone and every action, I'll end here.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Unethical practices as far as taking money out of every pay, paying for your training, etc.
Self-Contractor
Disney Resort Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 20, 2018
Not interested in giving a review Don't understand what this is for.
I didn't want to work from home any more. All my children are grown, so I decided to get out and work.
Flexible schedule, friendly environment
Client Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 19, 2018
Very flexible schedule, company is reputable and great place to work. If you are your own IBO independent business owner there is no boss, only performance leads to help stay on target with client specific metrics.
Pros
Flexibilty of hours decent pay
Cons
No paid training, vacation or benefits...limited hours
work at home
Virtual Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 18, 2018
I've worked here for several years, and it is convenient to be able to get a regular paycheck from the comfort of your own home. They need to pay you for training, because you already have to pay for classes to work; then you have to work anywhere between one to three months before actually getting paid! This is one of the reasons people do not want to work for the company.
Pros
convenient, get steady income, training and sometimes equipment provided
Cons
you have to pay to work, no paid training
Arise Virtual Assistance
Virtual home-based position for customer service (Current Employee) –  work from homeMay 14, 2018
Varied clients to contract for their customer service teams with flexible hours and client training available for morning and evening classes. Working from home can be rewarding!
Could take it or leave it
QUALITY ASSURANCE PERFORMANCE FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 13, 2018
This opportunity allowed me to have more freedom in my life. And I could service more than one client if I desired which added diversity and excitement to every day responsibilities.

There was always the issue of training to service a new client, and you have to endure hours of this without receiving any compensation.

The jobs demanded alot but the compensation was never sufficient for what one was required to do.
Pros
Work from home, perfect work and family time balance
Cons
Compensation could be higher. Also they make mistakes with the payroll. Unpaid training.