ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE Employee Reviews

Criminal Investigations Intern
Special Investigations Section Intern, Downtown (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
It was so rewarding working for the AG's office. You learn so much from all of the different agents and is a great way to get hands on experience. The hours are good and everyone is super friendly and helpful. They want you to succeed!
Cons
None!
Nice place to work, great employees
Legal secretary for two attorneys and paralegals (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
Liked working the State and the different department. Nice attorneys and dedicated to the cause. Liked the environment and feeling part of the solution, not the problem.
Pros
Great employees, working for the State of Arizona
Cons
Low salary
Good place to work if you want work/life balance
Assistant Attorney General (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
The pay is lower than a private firm but the hours are much better. My biggest issue was having 4 different supervisors in 4 years, although I think that issue has been corrected.
Legal Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
A great place to work! You work for the common good, and receive incredible benefits! It is a solid job, with a lot of reward. You cant beat their retirement system.
Excellent place to work
Lead counsel in felony (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
I enjoy working for the Arizona Attorney General's Office immensely. As an experienced criminal prosecutor, the office and management afford me discretion to prosecute worthwhile cases and resolve those cases in the interests of justice.
A place people go to work at either the start or the end of their career
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2017
If you have little to no experience in your field, you can come work and get exposed to a lot of work situations for not a lot of pay.
Sometime in the middle, you'll realize you're worth more money, and go someplace else to make more.
At the end of your career, you can come and wait till you retire in relative low-stress peace.
State Job
Attorney General (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
some good some bad overall very good place to work. learn a lot but get paid a little but there are other benefits such as feeling of pride to help state.
Great Place to Work
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2017
Great office environment with great learning options. Staff attorneys make a great effort to help you in your development with your writing and are always available.
Good place for investigative experience
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
The management and structure seem to be ever changing with a lack of consistency. Morale is struggling throughout the organization.

Workplace culture is inconsistent, need more training and feedback.

The best part of the AG office is having a direct link with the Attorneys charging cases.
Overall, great people to work with but management needs improvement!
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
I have had the opportunity to work in this agency as well as two other agencies within the state of Arizona. My observations and experiences with my current agency would have say its a disappointment of my initial expectation. There are great people here and much of the employees are very easy going but the management seems to be one sided and definite favoritism exists. HR does need improvement as IMHO lack experience necessary to invoke a positive environment. Most position offered are not one that allow growth so be weary as most positrons are looking for a specific skill set. I think the state is hit or miss with the various agencies and one can indeed find what they are looking for so having a friend within an agency to ask how it is can be helpful before taking a position as each agency management differs greatly!
Pros
Work schedule is stable and 40Hr wk with hoildays off
Cons
Management in some areas is terrible
Continued learning procedures/fun coworkers
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 30, 2016
Steady day to day work product;
Inner workings of the DES/Child Protective Services of Arizona;
Poor and abusive upper management;
Coworkers were knowledgeable and awesomely fun;
Dealing with egotistic attorneys;
Helping abused children find security and safety.
Pros
Office get togethers and companionship with coworkers
Cons
Management abuses and favoritism
Nice work environment
Assistat Attorney General (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2016
The work environment was good, however, the case load is extremely high. Employees have the ability to transfer or apply for positions in other sections of the AG's Office.
Productive, fun workplace with a "family" feel
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2014
Very busy position with a variety of responsibilities. Very fast paced office that required a high level of prioritizing. Job consisted of a lot of computer work with high levels of efficiency. Most everyone in the office was very willing to help each other out and get the work done. I improved greatly on my organizational and prioritizing skills while at this job. The hardest part of this job for me was learning when to ask for help. I felt the responsibility of being able to keep up and complete all of my assigned work. The most enjoyable part of this job was the great people I worked with and the many opportunities I had to learn new things.
Pros
great benefits, great people, fun working environment
Cons
needed more help for the amount of incoming work to our office
Assistant Attorney General (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2013
Provided legal advice to government agencies. Represented government agencies in court.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Resigned
Collector III - AG Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2013
The culture in my area was ever-changing. I took on more responsibilities as we moved forward and learned a lot about the Finance and Accounting sides of my area. All of my co-workers and I got along very well. Everyone was willing to work together and help each other out.

Management is another story and I resigned from this position due to a hostile work environment.
The work is challenging and rewarding
INVESTIGATIVE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZApril 2, 2013
The cases we investigate are often challenging and each offers a new learning experience. Interacting with the public and finding resolution for the victims is very rewarding. The hardest part of the job is the endless supply of new cases and the limited staff to work them, even though they are very deserving cases. The most enjoyable part of the job resolving a case.
Pros
job security
Cons
low wages
Fun workplace
Legal Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2012
A typical day at work for me was filing appellate briefs and motions.I learned the appellate process in the court system. Management was well organized and professional. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job were the child abuse cases I read. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the Court of Appeal decisions in our favor.
Pros
great office location, free parking.