Arizona Center for Cancer Care Employee Reviews

Horrible
assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 20, 2018
Bad patient care. Administrator immature very unprofessional. Management forgets things and changes job description almost every week always on the phone
busy fun place
assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 19, 2018
Working at AZCCC was so much fun learning about the radiation treatments. Everyone is very knowledgeable. Everyone was also very competitive. Catty radiation therapist will let you fail before helping you. The Doctor's were not very friendly. They expected the MA's to go fetch their lunch.
Poor management
Navigator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 6, 2017
Worst Dr and nurse to work for! Embarrassed and belittled me in front of staff/patients. Manager stated "just ignore them". They were fabulous with patients, but this facility was not for me.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Treated horrible by Dr and staff
staff members and the patients were very nice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 30, 2017
doctors treated the employees unfairly, talked down to us made us feel unworthy in front of other staff members and sometimes the patients would hear the doctors yell at other staff members about other patients care, no HIPPA regulations were ever followed at that facility. All they cared about was wo was making more money and who had the most patients.
Pros
took care of my patients
Cons
not really sure
Great Advancement & Learning Opportunities
REVENUE CYCLE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
This company heavily promotes from within and strongly encourages personal growth. The support and development received here in the administrative roles is excellent.
great place
Medical Record Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
great place, great coworkers. never any issues. I love this place. I am relocating and the only reason I am leaving. staff cares about their patients.
daily day
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 24, 2017
I did front desk office work, answering phones, scheduling appointments, greeting my patients was the highlight of my day talking with them making them smile.
Great place, but I was underutilized
Physician Assistant, Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work, excellent, friendly doctors. I was underutilized. People in management/HR positions have no skills or experience in those areas so that is a problem.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Did not fully utilize my skills/education, was basically a scribe
Don't work here!
Physicist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 26, 2016
I normally do not write reviews however, I feel I need to warn potential employees of this place.. I worked here for about 3 months and I was fired without warning. Basically if they like you and you fit in, you may be okay. The environment is negative and most of the employees are mad and hate to smile or say hello.. While I was there 10 employees either quit or got fired within a two month period. The Doctors do not respect the patients time, some patients would wait hours to see the doctor while they would be drinking coffee or eating in their office.. This is a horrible place to work!!! Proceed with CAUTION
Great People, Superior Mission
manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 6, 2016
Very busy medical environment, but filled with dedicated professional who focus on patient care first. The most enjoyable part of my day is the positive patient interaction, and being able to make a difference.
Pros
wonderful people
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 26, 2016
My team was awesome. But the company itself does not take care of its employees or patients. Patient wait time was ridiculous. The doctor was very unprofessional, sometimes made it very uncofortable to work with. Management asked me to document his time with patients and I got fired for it. No room to grow, very little opportunity to get raises. It very sad, they could really have something great, but higher ups and Doctor do not care about patients. Lawsuit waiting to happen.
Pros
Free lunch, good team
Cons
Management, poor quality of care, lack of training and support
Busy, Detailed and Successful
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 18, 2016
This company offers exceptional care for patients battling cancer. Detail and thoroughness to patient's concerns and needs with compassion and care are an everyday task. There are several locations and each provides it's own special touch for patients around the valley.
The best part of working here is the chance to connect with patien's while they are fighting their cancer. A relationship develops and when patients graduate it's a proud moment for the employees also!
Pros
Several locations
Cons
Weekend Availablity
Patient relationships were strong. Logistics of company need work.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 8, 2016
Each day, a patient would come in and everyone in the office would know their name, about their family and what they've been up to. Because of this strong relationship we were able to build with our patients, we are able to tell how things were going regardless of what the patient may actually say aloud. This lets us provide them with great care because we get to know them on a personal level.
While our communication with patients is excellent, the communication between the different clinics and those of management with individuals under them was not always smooth.
Rewarding Atmosphere
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 13, 2016
Fast paced environment where patients look forward to seeing you in order to tackle their cancer fighting obstacles. A typical day involves speaking with a patient or being on the phone at all times from morning to evening. There is so much to learn about cancer, cancer treatment and the enthusiasm patients with a cancer diagnosis have for the company. Co-workers vary from young with no kids to older with kids and work well together. The hardest part of the job is finding out changes after management has implemented them. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients who are happy to have you as a part of their journey to beating cancer.
Pros
Free coffee, 30 minute lunches, easy to take time off and happy customers
Cons
Little say so in company decisions, often work short staffed
Great idea, poor execution
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
The duties of my assignment were laid out for me before I was hired, but once hired I had very little training on their EMR and no additional support from anyone at my location. I would have to call another location to ask questions regarding procedures, I would sit on hold until someone was available all while trying to attend to my patients.
Pros
The technology
Cons
No coverage, had to work through lunch on a daily basis. Little support from management.
A wonderful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
Job environment is fast pace, employees work as a team and provide excellent patient care. Management cares for their employees as well as the patients.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
N/a
unprofessional work environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/TELEPHONE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day would be clocking in and getting patient charts ready for next days schedule. I learned a lot about oncology and hematology in the 7 months working there. Management was extremely horrible. Co workers were okay everyone focused on their duties and all worked together to complete the overall goals of the work day. Hardest part about the job was losing patients who would come in regularly. The most enjoyable part of the job would be congratulating patients who were just told they are now on remission.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health insurance, 30 minute lunch break
A growth experience with a lot of positive people.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria AzJuly 23, 2015
Management was a horrible experience. Discrimination along with "personal" relationships which lead to unfairness for those of us who where not having a personal relationship with this individual.
Pros
Amazing "caring" doctors and physician assistance and RTT's
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills between management.
I love making a difference in a persons life.
Chemotherapy Mixing Technician (Current Employee) –  GlendaleJune 12, 2015
I enjoy working with the doctors, nurses and patients. I love to mix medication and compounding. A typical day at work would include mixing chemotherapy drugs. I learned a very strict time management, new systems of pharmacy and in general how a medical practice works. The hardest part of my job is working with people who don't have the level of integrity I do. I love making a difference in a persons life.
Pros
Free Lunch, great hours
Great Place to work for
Medical Assistant/ Chemotherapy Coordinat (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Worked with GYN ONCOLOGY PROVIDERs they are great I never had a bad day very busy but i was always treat with respect I can honestly say that patient care always came first regards of how late you stood at work I worked with Best !!! Team work was the word for sure we worked as a team very busy but we made it work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Center for Cancer Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about