Arizona Charter Academy logo
Arizona Charter Academy

Arizona Charter Academy Employee Reviews

Arizona Charter Academy insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Work-Life Balance

Productive and Inclusive Work Environment

ACA is a great place to work. The staff is supportive and the kiddos are the best part of my day. I have learned a lot working at ACA and have grown in my craft. Love working for ACA!

Pros

Great environment, supportive staff, and great kiddos to work with.

Cons

None.

Amazing job and amazing students.

I have loved every minute working here at ACA. I have grown as an educator and as an individual. My team and my admin has done so much to help me grow in my goals as an educator. Love this job and recommend ACA.

Pros

Admin and teacher teams

Cons

Na

they value all employees

They value all employees. They've worked so hard to make everyone safe and feel heard during this weird COVID time. They've won awards for best place to work and it shows.

Too much workload for a single person

Long and busy hours, not enough breaks and lunch is taken very late into the day. There is not enough support for additional staff members or recognition for their work(not including teachers). Pay is not great and it is difficult to get a raise. Great people and community, feels like family. Management does listen, but it can be difficult at times to be heard.

Pros

Free lunch, Family feel

Cons

Workload, Pay

Amazing place to work!

ACA is a great place to work! We are like a big family, always looking for ways to get better, administration is extremely supportive of ALL staff. Everything is a team effort where ALL opinions and ideas are valued. I HIGHLY recommend working here. I will always love my ACA family!

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great Staff

I really enjoyed working at Arizona Charter Academy for five years. I bonded with the staff and had a wonderful work experience. I loved working with the students. Management was open door policy and very cordial and professional.

Cares about students & diverse school

ACA is great school to work at! ALL staff care for the success of each student. This school is a diverse school, low income families are receiving education that exceeds the state expectations. Always have PD training's for all staff Hardest part of the job would be the work load. ACA has expectations and they want everyone to succeed with that being said there is a lot of work load. ACA feels like family and they work with you in your time of need. They care about you, take care of you, and are there for you.

Pros

Free lunch, Healthcare is good, Staff appreciation week is AMAZING, Fun environment

Cons

Part time has no health care, Need more sick/personal days

Supportive and Postive Working Environment!

Arizona Charter Academy is an excellent place to work! So happy I was chosen to work with such a dedicated staff and their desire to offer the best education for our students is just wonderful. Employees feel very valued and appreciated here. Administration is always willing to listen and cares about each and every employee.

Pros

Excellent Working Enviornment, Good Hourly Salary, Administration supportive and appreciate staff

Cons

No healthcare for part time workers

Terrible admin

I was not treated fairly by administrator . It’s all about looks . Covered up an incident that happened to my daughter while on a trip with the school. It’s all about money .

Pros

Free lunch for staff . Unfortunately food is not edible

Cons

No benefits offered . No pay for holidays . A lot of nepotism among staff

very productive and busy workplace

This school was fun to work with. I would start my day with preparing and making sure I had all my materials Usually I play music as they enter the room. They will greet the teacher at the door so that they feel welcomed. AS I take attendane they are working on their do now. Then we move into writing workshop and the rest of the day.It is important to keep good management in the classroom to keep transitions running smoothly. The hardest part of the job is managing time to get the side jobs done.

Pros

free lunches, friendship, team planning time

Cons

healthcare not so great and not so many days off

Jobs at Arizona Charter Academy

See more jobs

High expectations for students and teachers

Backwards planning Performance scales Data driven Fast pace no down time very rigid teachers have no autonomy large time commitments for training and professional development

Pros

Free lunches and state retirement

Cons

never ending work load and new requirements are added daily

Best Charter School in Arizona

The best kept school with great administration and staff. This school puts the students first. The school itself is modernized and kept perfectly clean. The staff is great and always working to better everything about the school and community.

students are the most important part of ACA

It is a great place to work as a teacher. The students come first. Their leadership is fantastic and they treat teachers like professionals. The facility is beautiful and always well maintained.

Great management, lots of opportunities to try new things. Long days and long hours but that is any teaching job and it was very rewarding. Lots of support for programs.

Productive and fun work experience

Working with former class mates was pretty fun getting to move the school furniture around the whole school and seeing some of the teachers after hours was fun as well.

ACA is a family friendly environment. Everyone is really nice and helpful, and they are very good at teaching first year teachers. It is a great school.

Positive Work Environment

People are friendly. Everyone here cares about kids learning and growing. Administration supports everyone's desire to reach their goals. The hardest part of the job is dealing with student/teacher/parent conflicts. The best part is being able to engage with so many students everyday.

Pros

Open atmosphere, Major Holidays

Cons

Salary Range

It's a school

Great school that gives work experience to their students. I learned many great qualities and techniques for becoming a teacher.

Greatest Satisfaction

The athletic director is supportive and attempts to provide the best equipment within budget constraints.
  • Arizona Charter Academy