Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Employee Reviews

You can work as many hours as you like
Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
This is not a bad company to work for, you can advance into any field that the company has and there is no restrictions. The has no bias for anyone, there is all types of people working there.
Great Company
Administrative Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2018
helping people, Computers, working with the public. Arizona health care for the residence of AZ. great management, diversified, nothing
great group of customer in house and the public.
Sometimes relax but can be challenging somedays
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
A typical day is making sure the clients getting their welfares met. Working for this employer I learned to listen more about what is important to the clients. The management is well organized and like for staff to be educated;and for the workplace culture always younger or middle age adults that's attending college or have completed a higher education. Sometimes working with people with different languages can be one of the hardest thing on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients out and getting days off when you need.
Pros
Growth and promotions
Cons
Na
Productive work environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2018
My typical day at work involved managing staff and multiple projects.
I learned how to multi-task,
Management was wonderful.
The workplace culture was great.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
fun, team work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/DATA ENTRY/DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2018
Customer service on a daily basis and I had excellent rapports with customers. I was very knowledgeable with my skills and my work that I made it easy for my productions in meeting my weekly quotes. Everyone worked as a team.
Uhh, I love the clients, but the environment.
Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
Great to gain the experience and qualifications, but the work environment isn't worth it. Staff always trying to fight with you. In the end, not a fair work environment.
Great overall work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2017
I can"t complain, great benefits, good pay, great hours, weekends off, and relaxed environment. Very flexible when requesting time off. Holidays 10+ days per year.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
ok pay, not great
good
Evaluator IV (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2017
It's a good place in your young and just starting out , a lot of the call center staff is temporary and young. permanent positions are hard to get , you have to pass a written , computer test.
on the down side they micro manage , you have to ask them to go to the bathroom if your in the call center. and you can't talk to anyone other then on breaks.
Pros
if you permanent the benefits are great .
Cons
they micro mange, you have to ask to go to the bathroom if your in the call center, and you cannot talk to anyone other then on breaks.
Good people
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
Train and ensure that the Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT), Behavioral Health Paraprofessionals (BHPP) provide accurate assessments, documentation, direction and consultation to component program staff (BHPP) relative to clinical and treatment service delivery
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
time management
Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Great coworkers.
Eligibility Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85701May 3, 2017
Good work environment. Good co-workers. Interesting work interacting with other agencies. Able to leave office and conduct home visits of beneficiaries.
Pros
Able to conduct home visits allowing for time away from the office.
Cons
The workload could be ovewhelming at times.
Have no lunch breaks, can not trust Staff or upper managements
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2016
Typical day is very busy. Being in the position of Program Manager, is not what they have trained you as. You have no say so in your position. You have to follow what the Clinician's advise in a situation that has the ability of being dangerous. Who is not there to witness what is going on. Co-worker are afraid to do their jobs because of this. They are afraid to do anything to assist the clients. The hardest part of the job, is to keep Clients safe from other Clients. The best part of the job is getting to know the Clients.
Pros
Can advance if you fall in with the click
Cons
low pay wages
Good Internship
Human Resource and Organizational Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2016
Great internship I did during the summer of 2012. My boss was amazing and they even started paying me (for an unpaid internship) after my first few weeks. The office is kind of mundane and most of the time everyone is in their office with the door closed and the 8 hour day can feel like an eternity. The work isn't too difficult however and you get a lot of freedom to pursue the projects you find interesting.
quality (varies)
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Pros: quick advancement provided work experience and education, company is small enough that company structure frequently changes (which may be a pro or a con depending upon your adaptability). The upper management is supportive.

Cons: For profit company, poor pay for direct care staff (i.e. less than $10/hour), quality of direct care services may be abysmal due to low-education and qualifications of staff, high turn-over among direct care staff. Quality of management varies. Clinical services are based upon a behavioral management philosophy dating to the 1960s (outdated). Quality of clinical staff/services vary.
Productive work place that promotes from within.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
A great place to work. Loving, caring and compassionate environment. Everyone is very humble and inviting. Over an amazing place to work.
AHCCMS would be a better place to work if the wages were higher.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2015
My experience at AHCCMS had it ups and downs. There was frequent times where staff had to work double shifts because the programs were under staffed. The hours were sometimes a necessary blessing due to the pay rate.
No Comment
Manager, Clinical Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
No Comment to make. My mother told me when I was young if I didn't have anything nice to say I should keep it to myself. Therefore I'm only writing this to meet the minimum requirements in order to move on the the next step.
Godd place to work, fellow employees very easy to work with
COBOL and IDEAL Programmer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2015
All in all good place to work. sometimes specifications from users were ambiguous. Immediate management was good most of the time. I have top notch reviews from most of them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Promotions based on politics
Very nice accomodations, with TV, Stereo,spacious back yard and a Van for transporting the Clients
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2015
Fast pace, very involved with the clients, great deal of paper work, daily Wellness Groups, Monthly Staffing, PCP Appointments as well as Psyche Doctors’ Appointments

I have learn that you need great deal of patience to succeed in this type of environment and the importance of proper documentation.

I have always had the support of my Management Team this was indicative when I was chosen the Employee of the Year 2013 and have been able to manage the employees I supervise.

When the word Co-Workers come in mind the first thing I think about is TEAM WORK. Having a good relationship with your Co-Workers is key to having success.

The hardest part of the job is to get 1 or 2 employees to understand that a client does some of the things they do because of their mental illness. Some employees feel that some clients with SMI have control of the things they do 95 percent of the time. Sometimes there are employees lose sight of why we are here in this business.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing clients step down and work towards being independent, being able to live own their own.
A great place to work for enjoyed the job.
Customer Service Representative I - Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
I review this employment with high ratings for a work place. I enjoy providing the public assistance with information about the medicaid program of Arizona.
productive, great work environment
Program Service Evaluator III (Former Employee) –  virtual officeJanuary 25, 2014
I loved my job I felt that I was able to help a population of Arizona
Pros
virtual office
Cons
was not able to promote with in the agency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System. Our community is ready to answer.

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Reviews by Location