Arizona Home Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the same
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 8, 2018
Things are not the same as they once were. Things were better when general home care and infusion nurses were separate. The documentation is literally never ending. You work from 8-5 daily and come home and document for another 4-5 hours. It’s mentally exhausting. The emails are nonstop and your Oasis assessments are constantly questioned by management. Sometimes it seems like they want you to falsify documentation. Pay is good but benefits are horrible. No 401k and the health benefits are horrible so I opted out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, work/life balance
Na
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2017
Became a difficult place to work after time, poor management, does not train nurses - poor patient care and often times very poor nurse to patient ratios
Data Entry/Documentation Specialist/Floater (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at Arizona Home Care consisted of putting together documentation to keep track of Home health nurses and patients. I worked in different areas of the Documentation department. Writing reports, keeping track of nurses visits and hours, helping the billing department with patient's insurance claims, medications, coding, etc. I took a turn at being a phone receptionist and learned a little about the Pharmacy department. I helped my manager with Payroll by collecting and calculating Nurses hours and payroll schedule. It was a great learning environment. The hardest part of the job was collecting the nurses hours on time so they could get paid. The Documentation team was enjoyable to work with since everyone understood their job and was willing to work well with the rest of the team.
Pros
Company Christmas parties, weekly meetings, great team environment
Cons
No cons
They do not value people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 30, 2017
Arizona Home Care pharmacy is looking for people they can underpay and overwork. You may be told you have "work hours" but the expectation is that you stay every day until the work is done, which means lots of late nights as they are always understaffed. Also you must work weekends and on call. Don't expect any gratitude from your manager or a decent raise. The pharmacy is poorly managed and employees are treated as disposables.
I love working here!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2016
I've worked at Arizona Home Care now for six months and I absolutely love it. Everyone is incredibly supportive, kind, and encouraging. There is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and to advance. They do not let talent go to waste. This is a great place to work- whether you are an office employee, clinician, or pharmacist.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Opportunities for Advancement, Great Community
Cons
None!!
Home Healthcare
Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2016
Very good company which puts the patient first. confidentiality follows HIPAA laws. Trains clinicians to ensure best possible home care.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Small company, no room for advancement
Regular office experience
Data Entry Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 16, 2016
I started as a weekend receptionist and spent most of my days watching netflix. However, when they saw I was too bored they offered me a promotion and I began working intake. It was a typical medical field office job, nothing to shake a stick at but something to get me by during college.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No real structure
Good company
Documentation Specialist- 485 production (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoyed the time I had there. Great company to work for. Have opportunities to advance. Friendly environment friendly coworkers.
Loved it !
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2015
Fantastic place to work - vert tight knit, and always new things to learn. Very busy. Great place to work independently !
I learned so much about medical administration here via my manager.
Nuclear Biller/Insurance Checks (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 28, 2015
I started here with no prior experience and therefore was a sponge for knowledge. I learned insurance checks and how to bill insurance companies using CPT, ICD and HCPCS codes. Soon after that, I was given the opportunity to take over the Nuclear Billing Department where I learned to build close relationships with clients and helped create the system in which we billed nuclear pharmacy clients. It was a lot of work but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I also worked with the systems CPR and NDSI.
Pros
I was given many different learning opportunities at this job.
Cons
There was no more room for advancement that I was seeking
part time job as a cna
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 23, 2015
This was my first job as a CNA and they had me drive to mesa to train but I did not get compensated for my gas. once I was on bored I always ran into issues with not the right information for the patients house and since patient was mentally disabled they were unable to tell me where they lived so I missed the entire appointment. would of like to know more about the pt before arriving at the job so we knew exactly what we were getting into verse just showing up and making your own plan. I feel that some jobs could of used 2 CNA's verse one for safety precautions.
Pros
worked your own scheduled
Cons
hours were short in the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Arizona Home Care Reviews by Location