Arizona Public Service (APS) Employee Reviews

Customer satisfaction
Shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 16, 2018
Our job at at is to make sure the customer comes first. We work as a team day to day to get the job done. We assure quality and safety from day to day and try to eliminate any errors that may occur.
Pros
Discounts, teamwork, making customers happy.
Cons
Receiving damaged merchandise, short time between dropoffs
very fast pace
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
My duties consist of providing customers with complete and accurate information regarding billing questions, complaints, special programs, payment options/extensions and processing service order requests, while making sure the customer is satisfied with my performance as an Aps representative. Work with different systems for utilities while on a multi screen computer handle sensitive information.
.Good work invironment
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 8, 2018
I had a wonderful learning and growing experience working for this company. I would recommend them as an employer. Good people and good benefits. . . .
Worst place i have ever been.
Security Guard Company (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 18, 2018
To put it short and blunt this place treated you like a number. They would call you at all hours non stop. work you 14 days in a row but get mad if you asked for a day off. It was not the family place they said they were.
Pros
No pro's
Cons
bad pay/ treated like a number not a person poor management
Be careful of working here
Joint Use Pole Specialist/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
I'm going to keep it short and sweet...if you work here...tread lightly. Don't make any waves, don't ask any questions, be expected to sacrifice you life for the business. Also be prepared if you don't sacrifice your life for the business...you will pay in every way possible. Worst Power Company in the nation...hands down.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
Everything else
Challenging and exciting place to work
Solar Inspector / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 5, 2018
My time in this position was short but informative. Solar was quickly becoming a mandatory product in our industry. I was asked to return to Arizona Public Service after I was offered a severance package to fill in due to an increasing number of customers who installed solar to their homes. I was hired in December of 2008 to bring these customers on line before the December 31st deadline to be eligible for a Federal rebate. It was certainly a challenge to learn the solar installation process. I had a lot of push back from the Union members because of my access to energized equipment. This proved to be an issue and APS decided to fill this position with a licensed electrician. My favorite part of the job was learning much of this one the go. I sought assistance from our Union side to determine proper voltage and was able to work with them to bring these customers on line within the time limit.
Pros
learning about solar and it's importance in our industry.
Cons
lack of training due to time contraints
Management on High Horse
Real Time Trader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
Management does not care about needs of employees, they will do whatever is the cheapest option when it comes to decision making. Only promote those with Naval experience. Try to run department like the Navy. You are just a private and should do what you are told. They prefer yes men rather than problem solvers.
Pros
You are the smartest guy in the room cause you are surrounded by morons
Cons
Terible tools, slow reaction to problems, No one take accountability for mistakes, repeated mistakes, Management has elitist attitude
work to many hours
CREW FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2018
i'm a coordinator for 3 crews and for 13 troubleman to line out work and plan for weeks at a time , just looking for a change ,I love to be around line work its my life and im very good at it
Pros
i've been at aps for a long time been a good place to work
Cons
too many hours for no pay
Boring disgusting and gross workplace that you don't want to work at.
Faculties Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAMay 18, 2018
Theyre were alot of things those bosses from APS made me do that I hate if you count the jobs were I had to pack candies canlde wicks and perfumes on lines and those coworkers there. I really couldn't stand being surrounded by those MR people at APS because they eat like slobbery pigs and make a mess.
Pros
Getting foods in the vending machines
Cons
We take breaks between 9:45 and 10:00 and 12:00pm and 12:45
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2018
It has been quite sometime since i worked there, so my opinion of this employer probably wouldn't be quite sufficient to how they conduct their business is 2018
A complete mess with no direction
Electrical Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
You work long hours, no breaks and no time to complete any tasks while you must have an answer for everything. If you do not have tasks completed and ready immediately they write you up, you are expected to work 14 hours a day 7 days a week. The job pays well yet the work you to death with no site of ever seeing day light.
Fast paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 28, 2018
Fast paced work environment in the construction side of the utility industry. Lack of training and process contribute to a culture of uncertainty. Good ol boy system.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate America
High energy, productive and motivating
Correspondent Associate Sr. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix , AzMarch 27, 2018
Positive changes coming, wish I could have stayed longer to see them through. The company served me and my family well over the years and I am forever grateful.
Pros
Good group of people
Cons
Travel for me was too far after we closed some offices
typical day
General office and banking (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 27, 2018
i handle all cash tickets and deposits
all HR needs.
all new hire paperwork.
all PR on a daily basis
file and chart all charges made for each date
contact corporate to let them know what deposits arr made
\
Pros
not very good pay
Cons
not enough hourd
Great learning experience, good career start
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2018
Had my start at APS as an intern and really enjoyed the experience. The people there really care about you and your growth. Definitely recommend for an internship position
samartias is a very great place to work great inviroment very good management
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  1811 michiganMarch 5, 2018
a very learning experience,im a people person I love what I do. I just want to make an difference in an person life, I been a samartias fo 16 years as
Pros
more pay
Cons
cant leave the building forlunch
Terrific benefits and advancement opportunites
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
I worked for APS back in the late 80's and found them to be the best company for benefits, pay and advancement opportunities. I would go back to work for them in an instance if I could.
benefits
Cons
the Union
great place to work
Customer Care Representative / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2018
APS is a great place to work they treat their employees like gold. Very fast paced so no office drama. Very very good company to work for. I would highly recommend this company for job placement.
Pros
face paced and they treat their employees like gold
Cons
no cons
Turning into just another corporation
Instrument and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJanuary 23, 2018
APS used to be a great place to work. Now it is only a good place to work. The mentality of the executives has become similar to other large corporations. They are slowly scaling back benefits and pay to satisfy shareholders. They clearly have no loyalty towards employees anymore. They are no longer honest in their dealings with employees. The pay is still excellent compared to other industries.
Pros
Good pay and decent job security
Cons
Untrustworthy executives and middle management
A job worth keeping
GIS- Mapper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
APS offers a great amount of opportunities to advance in your career/job. The management there is great in the GIS department. Employees become family. APS offers great benefits.
Pros
Many different locations, chance for advancement.