Arizona State University Employee Reviews

Great environment / People
Academic Tutor / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2018
Wonderful work environment, totally enjoyed working with the NCAA student athletes. Each student had different learning needs, and needed assistance with different subjects. Makes for an enjoyable position.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Low pay, no parking
A great place to make an impact, build professional network and engage in thoughtful exchange.
Academic Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 5, 2018
Numerous opportunities to contribute and engage with very experienced, thoughtful, well intentioned and experienced professionals. The Venture Mentor network is a very eclectic and engaging group.
Working as a TA at ASU was a great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 27, 2018
I worked as TA for a semester. I had to attend classes, grade exams and quizzes. It was pretty relaxed work environment. As it was related to my field of study, i was able to learn a lot also.
Productive and fun place to work, but the pay sucks
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2018
Coordinate with the office supervisor to keep a database of sensitive student information

Assisted the office members with planning and managing schedules

Drafted letters for common conduct checks and aided private investigators in gathering student’s personal records

Advised and encouraged students to seek advocacy on certain matters of their life
Pros
Friendly Staff, Easy Going, Staff allows you to put school first
Cons
Pay is less than minimum wage
very good
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ERMOctober 22, 2018
the work atmosphere is really good and flexible. i was working under a professor and i would suggest everyone to try and do the same as they are more understanding.
Great Place to work if you get into the right department
Grounds Maintenance Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2018
Working in the service department was more stressful than other areas of campus. I loved the atmosphere of campus and helping the young adults when needed.
Super nice Coworkers
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2018
I was employed as a student worker and have to say it has been my best job yet. All of the faculty members were very caring and there to help anyone and everyone they could. It made it a fun and easy place to get work done and I found myself not being able to wait to get in to work.
Pros
Nice Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 14, 2018
This was a great educational experience. Being the largest university in the country, this institution offers so many amazing opportunities that provides students with exceptional experiences.
dont recommend
researcher (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 10, 2018
It is a money making school. They dont pay anyone well, Charge students like crazy. They could improve by offering better courses. I dont recommend working here.
Dissatisfied in new role
Sr. Associate Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2018
I was not happy in my current role and had significant differences with upper level management in my division, so I left. No hard feelings on either side.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Divisional disorganization
Great place
Technology Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2018
Nice people, great place to work. Easy job. Not to hard. Do what you need to do and you'll be fine. Sometimes gets boring, but that's fine. Pretty much doing the same thing everyday.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
Being a Student Leader is Awesome!
Student Body President (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2018
I would highly recommend becoming a student leader. While it was one of the most challenging experiences I have ever endured, it was certainly one of the most rewarding. Cherish your time in school, I miss it!
Pros
Rewarding, fast-paced, collaboration, free stuff
It was Ok
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2018
Like I said it was Ok. There is not much to the job other then being on time and doing the work that is needed. As for the management it is pretty good.
Good
Sales Surveyor, Phoenix Open Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2018
Helped complete surveys at the Phoenix open to help determine how visitors were spending their money on airfare, food, travel when they came to the event.
Job security and good benefits, not the best pay
Systems Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 25, 2018
As far as IT is concerned, the pay is much better in the private sector. But, it is hard to beat the benefits and job stability at ASU. Promotion and advancement are largely based on politics, so be prepared to wait a while to advance. Also, pay raises are rare and do not cover COL increases.
Great place to work!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  TempeSeptember 22, 2018
ASU is a great place to work, the people, the culture and the many opportunities make it a fun and rewarding workplace. They offer very generous benefits and some of the best healthcare services available.
Pros
Great environment, good work/life balance, great benefits
Cons
Parking is expensive and not convenient to walk to the office
Great part time opportunities for students
W. P. Carey 101 Student Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2018
ASU offers a number of part time on-campus positions that fit great with your school schedule. They get you involved, keep you on campus and allow flexible hours in accordance with school.
Good student job, doesn't matter in real world.
Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 19, 2018
I made a point to work while in college, usually at the university itself. I worked at the school newspaper and in the tutoring center, and everyone assured me it would look great on my resume. The truth is, I don't think employers in the real world care about student jobs. The other discouraging thing is it is hard to get a reference from your job, since the turnaround is so high. If an employer called up the writing center at ASU now, nobody would know who I am to give me a recommendation, because everyone who worked there when I did has graduated and moved on.
Pros
On campus, can work around classes.
Cons
Meaningless in real world.
Incompetent and abusive work environment.
Assistant Research Professor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2018
While I enjoyed helping graduate students develop models to understand the spread of epidemics, the stressful and abusive work environment generated by my supervisor was the reason I had to leave.
Pros
Salary, working with graduate students to develop models to understand the spread of epidemics.
Cons
Stressfull and abusive work environment generated by my supervisor
Great School
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2018
The course curriculum is great. It helps you achieve significant knowledge in your engineering discipline. Opportunities are great once you graduate from ASU