Arizona State University Employee Reviews

Great place for graduate school
AZ (Former Employee) –  AZJune 17, 2018
ASU was a great graduate school experience. In the right lab, you can gain opportunities to advance your career. Overall, ASU was fun, busy, and a great college experience.
A Living Wage is Needed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ASU, AZJune 12, 2018
For some reason, ASU refuses to understand that its staff/employees need a living wage. Most employee work 2-3 jobs to supplement their ASU income.

Also, there a staff who are cutthroat and envious of you, so the attempt to malign and throw you under 'the bus' because they don't have a bachelors degree. It's just sad what people do to get over. If I knew what I know now, I would steer clear of ASU.

After six months, say goodbye to your paycheck as you know it. ASU makes this mandatory----they will take out 11.43% of your pay biweekly to fund your pension. Just so you know---please calculate that into your cost of living scale.
Pros
Pay; Pension
Cons
You're not told that 11.48% of your pay will go to your retirement
Review of Engineering UGTA
UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2018
I was an undergraduate TA for the Biomedical Engineering Product Development class for two semesters. I took the class the previous year and thought it was a great experience and wanted to make it the same for the following class of engineers. The professor that managed the class was experienced and passionate about the subject. This position allowed me to hone my business and manufacturing acumen as well as my skills with laser cutting and plastic molding equipment.
Pros
Flexible hours, great experience, counted as course credits
Cons
None.
I was a student there.
Music Therapy Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 10, 2018
I was a student there. I did not work for the University. I worked teaching through Teaching For America Project at a minimum salary. I drove a bus/van of student to teaching sites
Pros
Great
Good Company to Work For
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2018
This company made me feel right at home immediately. The culture at ASU is simply unique and I have never worked anywhere like ASU. The management team is wonderful and easy to communicate with; always open to new ideas and feedback.
Title because this needs one
student intership (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
I never worked for ASU This is where I went to college. Having said that, I did learn tons in regards to classroom management, organization, lesson planning and some methods on how to be an effective teacher.
Great for students
Student worker (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2018
As a student worker, I like that the fact I can work whenever I want. The pay is not great but other than that its great. My manager is really chill and I can anytime off if I want. During the summer I can work and if I need time I can.
Great University to work for
Student Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 4, 2018
The student laboratory assistant position is a fantastic job for anyone trying to become familiar with laboratory techniques and procedures. I would reccomend having a few chemistry courses under your belt.
Great place to teach
Faculty Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2018
ASU's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism is one of the top journalism schools in the nation. Because it's geared toward learning, the administration, other teachers and students are all accommodating. Great culture and the "teacher pay" is really the only bad part of it. Very rewarding to teach college students who want to be there.
Pros
Friendly, encouraging atmosphere. Good group of students. Prestigious journalism school.
Cons
Relatively low pay for adjunct faculty.
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2018
Everyone here at asu is laid back we all respect each other we all work together and get the information b done that we need to accomplish for the day and so on great place to work for
Pros
Break, pto
Cons
Not enough pay to live on
Strong academic and research oriented environment.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 29, 2018
Working with professors and student research at Arizona State University opened up my views on how we use solar energy in our society and prepared me well for a career in photovoltaic engineering.
Teaching part time is good
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2018
I enjoy my work as adjunct faculty. The pay is not good. They expect many more hours than the pay justifies. But it is rewarding to make a difference in lives of college students.
Fast paced and challenging for the field.
International Educator/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 21, 2018
The job helped me develop professionally. Furthermore, due to the specific nature of my job, I believed that I was helping many people and felt a sense of gratification. On the down side, since my organization was not directly a part of ASU, there was very little job security.
calm, relaxed desk assistant position
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2018
ok workplace. nothing major. just your average desk assistant job of working in a group and teamwork setting helping residents and staff while managing desk duties daily
Great college
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2018
Your experience at any big university like ASU depends on your lab and PI. Fortunately, I had a good relationship with my PI and received good mentoring throughout grad school.
Private College Algebra Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2018
Since I worked as a private tutor, my work/life balance was great. I was still able to go about my daily activities and participate in clubs, since I didn't have a routine schedule.
Decent College Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 16, 2018
Not a bad job to work on campus for a few extra bucks. Management was competent and demanded fair performance. Would recommend for those who wish to work part time while studying
Great Experience
Adjunct Faculty at ASU (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
Great People, Great Experience & Good Work-Life Balance. Some opportunities to diversify career path but need to meet the right people at the right time.
Enjoyable
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 11, 2018
I worked as a Technology Consultant and basically learned everything on the job. There was some training but most of what you learn is through experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Great place to intern!
Enrollment Services Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 11, 2018
As long as you come to work on time, you can accomplish your work quickly, and may have time to work on classwork, however don't plan on being able to do homework, plan on coming to work to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Can be boring if you don't find things to keep yourself busy.