Arizona Tuition Connection

United States4 reviews

Arizona Tuition Connection insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive Workplace

Communication is key at this organization. Every Monday meetings are held to discuss what everyone is working on, ask questions, and offer new ideas. Management encourages you to make your own decisions rather than ask others and disrupt them from their work. They are so accommodating when it comes to taking care of kids, as the owner is a father himself.

Demeaning and Fearful Environment

First of all, communication is actively discouraged. The management may say upfront that they "encourage you speaking out and give ideas that can improve the company," but when you actually do, you are demeaned. Suggestions to improve tech and transfer to digital databases are met with scorn and disdain. You are reprimanded for replying to an email to simply say, "Thanks," or, "I have completed this task," for the reason that it is a time-waster. But management will then grow angry because they don't know the tasks you are completing, and question your productivity to the team. You are discouraged from asking your coworkers for advice but reprimanded for bothering management over "menial things" that you have not been trained on. They have Monday meetings to ask questions, but many employees are unwilling to ask anything because management will scorn you in front of the group, asking why you didn't already know that, or question why you have that question.Management will enter into your office and blame you for doing something you did not do; they have held meetings with me multiple times about tech issues and email glitches that I had no part in. When asking senior employees for advice, I have been told that there is no vindication within the workplace. You are held accountable to duties you are not responsible for.You will be expected to work longer hours than what is listed in your job title and during your interview. I was explicitly informed by management that "overtime is not mandatory," save for a few busy donation days throughout the year, "but still encouraged." -

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is nice

Cons

stressful environment, management that doesn't take accountability, no communication, constant fear

Official response from Arizona Tuition Connection

August 25, 2021
Note to Prospective Employees. There are short donation seasons where two days a year employees are expected to work late. Those are known and discussed in advance, in the employee handbook and employees sign off that they understand that the will need to work late those two days when they are hired. Beyond that working over 40 hours a week is up to the employee, and of coarse they are compensated extra for doing so. As for her other comments, this employee had an issue of going to new employees when she had questions instead of the person who was training her. We stressed the need to direct her questions to the right person who could help her, but unfortunately it just didn't work out. We strive to be a great place to work. Offering great pay and benefits. Most of our staff has worked here for years. We are looking to hire additional staff to help us grow.

Part of something bigger! Great workplace.

I love what we do here, helping families and providing awesome customer service. You definitely feel like you are part of something bigger, even though we are a tight-knit small office. Everyone here is consistently told that their opinions are valuable and are asked to participate in meeting and brainstorming session on 'how we can do better'. The day to day is fast paced especially during certain times of the year, each role and employee is essential, everyone chips in to help out as needed. Every team member works hard and is focused on their tasks. This job offers a lot of unique extra benefits, management is really easy to work with and understanding when flexibility is needed. I think compensation offered is far above average, plus you are offered medical benefits, vacation pay, even a gym membership!

Workplace Shrouded in Fear and Silence

It was enjoyable helping families with their students' education. Not enjoyable being shouted at, told how you were expendable, worth less than $5/hr, or to be quicker than Employee A to avoid losing your job.

Pros

Nice Computer Area to Work at

Cons

No breaks, stressful environment, shouting, don't ask questions, not professional, in the home of the Executive Director

Official response from Arizona Tuition Connection

June 4, 2020
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with Arizona Tuition Connection was not a positive one. Although we understand that this reply is not coming to you in a timely manner, we have not actively been managing our company profile on Indeed before now and did not realize there was a review we needed to address. So we apologize for the tardiness! In response to some of the feedback you have provided, we would just like to say that we truly feel that this is a positive place to work, with a lot of flexibility and benefits. We are a professional work place and trust employees to take the time needed for breaks and lunches at their discretion. Most of our employees eat at their desks while they work simply because they are dedicated to their tasks. But this is not a requirement by any means. Others choose to take an hour or half hour and either eat in the break areas or leave the premises. Its entirely up to personal choice. We have weekly meeting in which all employees are asked to share thoughts, questions, updates, etc. The office is currently operating out of a home that has been converted into an office. We do our best to maintain professionalism and treat it like any other office building. We have professional cleaners that come once a week, and everyone has a spacious work area, dual computer monitors, personal printers, file cabinets, and more. As we expand we see moving into a commercial office space as a true probability. We hope this helps to settle any negative impressions that you experienced, and look forward to welcoming a new customer service team -

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arizona Tuition Connection. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8

Arizona Tuition Connection Reviews by Location

• Arizona Tuition Connection
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?