Arjo Inc. Employee Reviews

Research and Development Technician
Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2019
It was a great place to work, with a friendly atmosphere and good work ethics. The benefits were very competitive. The work was rewarding, as you were working on products that help people.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Closed San Antonio R&D office
Do not work here
Account Executive - Safe Patient Handling (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2019
I’m a current sales rep for patient handling and this is by far the worst managed company I’ve worked for in my 20+ years in sales. The management has no field sales experiencr and no understanding of how medical capital equipment sales in the US works. The quotas are unrealistic and several good reps have been fired recently because of one down year regardless of their past performance. This company operates under desperation and will harass you about sales numbers on a daily basis. There is also no clinical pre or post sales support. The AE is expected to do everything including all training and demos with no assistance as is typically the case with other medical device companies.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Poor management, no clinical support, lack of product development
Great work environment.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cerritos CaMay 31, 2019
I enjoyed my time at ARJO. Good company with great employees and management. Excellent opportunities to advance with good benefits. Arjo is a 24 hour company , we had to be on call several times a month. We worked every other holiday including Christmas Day. The overtime was great although it did intrude on your quality time with family.
The employees are professional and all have great communication skills as we dealt with customers daily while delivering and in servicing our products.
Pros
Good benefits. Good pay
Cons
on call. Worked the holidays
Arjo
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILApril 12, 2019
Arjo is a strong company in all areas. I was impressed with the level of knowledge, experience and passion I saw from management. They really take the time to work with you especially in during your training phase. I learned how to hunt for capital medical equipment deals at Arjo. I appreciated the many insights that management and more senior sales reps shared with me during my stint at Arjo. These insights have stuck with me over the years. I think the best take away from this position is a something that is key to all capital equipment sales success. That is the importance of good prospecting efforts sustained over time to continually fill your channel with new opportunities and thorough early qualification of accounts. I view these two skills or habits as essential in the highly competitive capital equipment sales market. I noticed right away that Arjo understands this and has ways to articulate this message and more importantly methods to new reps. I was able to win two awards for performance in my first full year at Arjo. I attribute that success the focused training I received very early on at Arjo.
Pros
Management is great, strong company brand, good rapport amongst rep on teams, great product portfolio
Cons
Go to work to do your Job and go home.
Service Consultant - Arjo (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
It depends on where you work and the time schedule. Some days are busy with you having to force some time for a brake. I was at the Houston location for 3yrs. Management there was not good at all. Note: I said wasn't good because it wasn't. We had to kinda find out things on our own, and management did not hire out any of mine or others concerns.
When I relocated to Tulsa Ok, that's when things gotten better. I have no complaints. Love the management and everyone treats each other with respect. If you don't like being on call and getting up in the middle of the night to make sure the the clients receives the product then this not not the job for you. Or working long days the may run into your night. This is not the job for you. Hospitals never sleep and sometimes you won't as well.
I enjoy helping families that had a life changing experience because one of our beds just helped saved a life. or the are able to get up on their feet again after days or months of bedridden. That joy on the faces of people and family is what I enjoy.
Not a bad place to work management sucks especially the guy from NY NJ area
Service Consultant/Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Would have been a good place to work but management sucks and ran by a racist mean old man in Ny Nj who cares nothing about family values. Very gloomy and no way to advance unless your a truly kiss up
Pros
Free trip here and there to training in San Antonio
Cons
Run not a good place to work you will not advance
Bad Management
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 28, 2018
Management makes very fast assumptions and does not stick to facts. Dispute process is easy, but don't want to do easy. The pay and benefits are great. They really don't care about listening to facts. Also, people are always wanting you to make mistakes so they can tattle on you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Growth thru acquisition strategy...
manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 19, 2018
The company is owned by a Swedish conglomerate name Getinge Group. The organization only knows how to grow through acquisition, which is a short game. The pipeline is light and the acquired positions are beginning to see heavy competition. Overall, the leadership in Europe make all the strategic calls and unfortunately look at North America as an ATM.
Great place to work with fun people.
Product Development Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Arjo, great people to work with and an interesting product variety. I worked for San Antonio location which ended up closing down a year or two after I left.
An unstable work environment.
Field Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 12, 2018
Work was from my home location with frequent travel to remote customer sites and Arjo facilities in Chicago (Addison) and San Antonio.

Arjo is an amalgam of numerous companies acquired by Getinge AB. My division was acquired from KCI in 2013. Getinge realigned everyone under the parent company in 2016, and then they divested Arjo in 2017.

Two major RIFs, three ERP systems in quick succession, and numerous year-on-year high-level management changes made for an unstable work environment.
Local Management Awesome
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2018
The local management and culture were awesome, very supportive and I learned alot working there. The global politics and frequent leadership changes made progress in work very difficult.
Pros
Local Management
Cons
Global Company Politics; Constant structure change
Lots of travel
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2018
Spent most of my time driving covering Eastern Washington and Oregon. My average annual travel was about 40000 miles per year. I like the independence of the job
Pros
I like the independence of the job
Cons
to much travel
Awesome Company
Managing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
One of the best positions I have had in my career. Arjo was an excellent place to work. Customer contact and patient interaction was awesome. This company is great
Great environment, excellent management, and great benefits!
Service Consultant/D-Class Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJuly 21, 2018
This job was a great job to have. I never would have stopped working for them, but some service centers brought in more revenue than others.So I understood the decision they made to make.
Great
Full Time Temp (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great job and wonderful people really enjoy my time there wish I would've got hired permanently. never had a bad experience, I believe every and anybody should apply it's a great look on your resume!
Not in touch with reality.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 13, 2018
Mostly good people to work with in a challenging environment. Management claims a desire to improve and streamline processes but refuses to take the necessary steps. Where a task can be otherwise completed in seconds needs to pass through several hands and can take days. The dispute resolution process is broken beyond repair and management is unwilling to consider alternatives. Management is also unwilling to accept accountability for their errors and assign fault to their subordinates.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything about boss is toxic
Great people with little or no direction between departments.
Quality Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 13, 2018
Great place for not having a lot of pressure placed upon you for your tasks. Flex time and working from home is accepted. Many changes going on since they just divested from their parent company at the beginning of the year but they appear to work in silos with quality the only ones that are looking at the big picture.
Pros
Flexible time and ability to work from home on occasion
Cons
Extremely disorganized with not real path going forward.
Arjo, Inc
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 1, 2018
This company started with providing well built quality systems. This has eroded over time and now the systems provided have cheap parts that fail too frequently. Replacement parts and service costs are high compared with competitors.

Service is limited due to lack of personnel, and they have a continuing problem supplying consumable items in a timely manner.

Management focuses on profit margin at the expense of customer satisfaction.
great place
Customer Service Representative - Capital Division (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 21, 2018
Arjo is a great place to work. Arjo has great benefits. Arjo has room fro growth within the company. Arjo is flexible with the work schedule and does not typically make overtime mandatory.
Lots of upper level changes
Team Lead, Field Representative Texas Region (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
A lot of company changes in the past 4 years. Not sure where they are heading and of the future anymore. First few years were great - sometimes change is good.?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arjo Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.