Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Employee Review

View all Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield reviews

i enjoyed the time spent with Blue |Cross. i could have retired there
Customer Service/Reopen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2013
typical day-I come in clock in, get coffee or coke get logged in and get busy/ I learned that when people call you and are fussing, cursing and yelling they are mad at you they are mad at the situation/ I enjoyed the people I worked with for the most part. there are some that I opted to not associate with/ the hardest part of the job is when I don't have an immediate answer to a question sometimes the research takes a day or so./the benefits and bonus checks every year.

Other Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Mostly great - pockets of not so great
Employee (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 16, 2018
70 year old insurance company with lots of staff who has been around for a long time. C-suite is led by new CEO who, from a motivational and visional standpoint, is the best in 30 years.

Operationally too much micromanagement and wasted effort to allow the organization to be "high performing" which is the stated goal of the CEO.
Pros
benefits, tenure
Cons
lack of oversight of executive staff
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield offered the best Education and Development opportunities.
Correspondence and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
My job provided business knowledge courses and promoted growth in specific competencies. I learned to find one thing and do it well. Communication is the key to good management. Building positive work relationships and trust creates the best workplace culture. The hardest part of my job was taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required. The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving difficult customer issues, training and interacting with my coworkers.
Pros
Ability to work from home, on-site medical clinic, office in a park like setting, excellent health insurance
Cons
No on-site food service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Reviews by Location