Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Network Management Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 19, 2018
This company provides tons of opportunity for advancement. The benefits are great and it has a very positive work environment. They currently offer tuition reimbursement, which is great for anyone trying to further their education while supporting themselves.
Productive and allowed self-motivation
Supervisory Series on Leadership (ABCBS) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2018
UR over 15 staff members (exempt & non-exempt) was highly rewarding. Covered for any staff that was out. Started in the mail room and left as an RN supervisor/manager.
Pros
Exceptional place to work
Cons
Company closing
Challenging and fun work. Friendly staff
Telephonic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 30, 2018
Supportive and cooperative co-workers. Confortable work enviroment. Remote upper management in little rock, ak. Infrequest on-site visits from upper management. The feeling was that of a step child relation with the home office. Inadequate training on hire.
Pros
Spacy work area and convient to communicate.
Cons
Demanding supervisors who appeared to not know their job.
Nice benefits
System Tester (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2018
The benefits is what keeps most people here at this company for a very long time. They are very good and probably some of the best benefits for working in the state of Arkansas.
Learned so much!!!!
Utilization Review Researcher/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2018
Training class was very beneficial for claims processing! They explained the reasoning behind the process to give a better understanding of the role as a claims specialist.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, flexible schedule
Cons
Traffic
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2018
Great organization to work for. Excellent leadership and training with opportunities to grow and advance within the organization. Busy fast paced job, friendly co-workers and approachable management. Great community involvement.
Okay place
worker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2018
hours aren't flexible
pay isn't as good as it should be
benefits are great
PTO should be more accrued
management isn't great
judgmental
a lot of pressure and stress
benefits
Cons
hours, pay, managment
n/a
Medical Audit & Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  601 Gaines Little Rock, ArkansasJune 5, 2018
a great place to work, flexible, organized, structured...since i am no longer employed there, i cannot really say how it is now..I am basing my review on the years that i spent employed.
Productive and great place to work
UTILIZATION REVIEW CLERK (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2018
I love my job and my the people that i work with on a daily basis. It is a great atmosphere and everyone is always willing to help wherever the can at all times.
Overall a great place to work.
Information Security Analyst III/Auditing Controls (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2018
The President, CEO, and all the Vice Presidents really work hard to make the communication of what is going on in the company between upper level and lower level flow easily. There are monthly updates from the President to the whole company in which people can ask questions or make comments.
The benefits are great with health, dental and eye care as well as a matched 401K where the company matched up to 6% of what you contribute.
Pros
Lower Healthcare costs, great 401K plan and upper management that cares about their employees.
Cons
Small cubicles with no doors makes it too noisy in the workplace.
Mostly great - pockets of not so great
Employee (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 16, 2018
70 year old insurance company with lots of staff who has been around for a long time. C-suite is led by new CEO who, from a motivational and visional standpoint, is the best in 30 years.

Operationally too much micromanagement and wasted effort to allow the organization to be "high performing" which is the stated goal of the CEO.
Pros
benefits, tenure
Cons
lack of oversight of executive staff
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield offered the best Education and Development opportunities.
Correspondence and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
My job provided business knowledge courses and promoted growth in specific competencies. I learned to find one thing and do it well. Communication is the key to good management. Building positive work relationships and trust creates the best workplace culture. The hardest part of my job was taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required. The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving difficult customer issues, training and interacting with my coworkers.
Pros
Ability to work from home, on-site medical clinic, office in a park like setting, excellent health insurance
Cons
No on-site food service
The company is a good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the members. I have learned a lot about the Medicare Advantage Plans which will help me when I make a selection later in life.
Pros
The hours
Cons
The benefits.
Great Company and Awesome People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2018
A great company to work for, challenging work and the workplace culture is awesome. Leadership truly believes in work life balance and opportunities to advance.
n/a
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2018
I always go above and beyond when performing a task assigned to me. I give the best work effort as in my ability to perform for the company and customers are my main concern.
good place to work
Claims examiner/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2018
Bluecross was a place of employment with advancement if you knew the right people.

I learned different areas of the company which helped in my knowledge of the company
Can be a great place to work.
Medical Review Edit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2018
Can be a great place to work and to advance your career but only depends on the area on which you work. Each management team is different and the “rules” change in each one—no consistency.
Best employer in the state of Arkansas.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2018
You will love working for this company. They focus on developing you as an individual. They really care about the employee. You are family and they take care of family.
Typical Day
Cash Disbursement Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 13, 2018
Answering the phone - provider explanation of benefits statement for Medicare billing errors . process retractions Claim Adjustments . Send Letters
IT Service Desk Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
I loved working there and hope to get a permanent job once the hiring freeze is lifted. Great benefits, good compensation, family oriented, professional environment, family atmosphere, and Executive leadership is visible and seem to care about the employees.