Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
78Above average

Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

United States231 reviews
Was great starting out. Monday-Friday schedule. Able to work from home. Bonus at end of year. Flexible with scheduling if needed to handle something ..
Pros
Hours
Cons
No advancement
There are too many like-minded people in upper management. There was a failed initiative a few years ago (Project Indispensable) to change the culture; it failed miserably and was quietly shelved. There is a “next man up” mentality, and a sense of entitlement. Management is not open to viewpoints that do not align with their own. There is so much in-fighting that it’s hard to get anything accomplished. There is a huge power struggle going on between different areas. Miserable place to be.
Pros
Gain Experience, Fair Salary
Cons
Toxic Culture, Limited Opportunities
Across every zip code, Americans have come to rely on the compassion of a Cross that has been trusted for over 80 years. The security of a Shield accepted by more doctors and top specialists. And the power of a card that opens doors in all 50 states.

To Live Fearless is to live free of worry, free of fear, because you have the strength of Blue Cross Blue Shield behind you.
Always put the customers first, eager to train employees in new areas, paid holidays, maternity leave available, great pay, open learning environment, great company
Great environment and I love the culture. Scheduling was great I just needed to further my education, and due to scheduling those times would overlap.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
This Is A Great Company To Work. The Benefits that they offer is great. They Want To See Their Employees Excel. Perks include: gym. Education for free.
Pros
Its A Great Place To Work.
Cons
No Cons. Do Your Job And You Will See What They Offer.Be
There’s ample classes and coursework made available for you to take. There are not enough positions available to “move up quickly” if that’s what you desire. The average tenure is at least 10 years, so people don’t often leave their positions.
Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield is focused on customer satisfaction at the expense of the employee.

Employees in some areas are allowed to telecommute and work flexible hours.

The company does give back to its community and encourages employees to do the same.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management who did not necessarily understand the business or their responsibilities.
I have enjoyed working for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I believe this is a great company to work, although there are things that can be improved upon. First, I would like to discuss the good things about the company. This company does help supporting the community, including fundraisers for different causes. A lot of supervisors and managers are great people and care about their employees. I have learned more about professionalism and customer satisfaction from this company, more than any other company I have worked for. This company cares about its customers and does put the customer as their number one priority, which really is great. This company also provides training to improve yourself as an employee, and allows you to "shadow" other departments that may provide interest to the employee. I believe that Arkansas Blue Cross is trying to make medical insurance better for a lot of people, especially in the state of Arkansas. I truly believe this company has a great future.
Unfortunately, there is some things that I believe can be improved upon. The interviewing process to get in to the company is very difficult. I believe this is done with a purpose in mind, to hire the best of the best, but often times this can lead to not hiring good employees. This doesn't stem to just outside the company. This also applies to internal employees. Positions do become available within the company, but moving up is difficult. An employee can prove to be one of the best employees internally in the company, but advancement is still not possible for many. This causes a lot of frustration
 - more...
The benefits are pretty good. There can be a lot of opportunities depending on the area of the company applying. It is a great company to start a career and get your feet wet.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield?
The epitome of professional. Excellent managment and colleagues. If i hadn't moved to Texas i woukd still be with them. It is the best place to work. Period.
Great place to work and very professional. The work is challenging and exciting and you get to work with various database systems as well. You will also enjoy the work-balance lifestyle while working with the company.
I would review the staffing schedule and work Ques assigned to me that day through my Team Lead and upper management. We had to have a certain amount of claims processed in order for certain benefits and bonuses.
Associate NOC Analyst. Great work environment. Management is knowledgeable and informative. Promotion is possible and attainable. Location is convenient
Great people with great benefits and they try their best to work with your home life. Always an opportunity to grow with the company and advance to a higher level.
Pros
Pto
Cons
too many grey areas
my department was in upheaval while i was there and it made the seas choppy, which was a large part of why i left. Having spoken with colleagues still there, things have changed for the better. Too bad since it could have been a good thing.
One of the best employers in the state
Some positions allow work from home

Excellent health benefits

PTO

401k matching

Education/Training/development opportunities

Distinct culture/work environment
This is a great place to work & grow professionally. They offer great benefits including health, dental, & vision insurance with a 401K plan. They definitely invest in their employees.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, i assisted and provided help when needed..i always arrived early to make sure my system was working...i made sure i helped my members and doctors when they called for benefits
Over all Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield is a great place to work.

Pro's:

Great Benefits and 401K

Pay is very competitive

Almost all of the employees are very friendly.

Con's:

Some of their policies are not efficient
The people there are great. The management seem a bit out of touch with the culture they portray themselves as having. So I'm adding the review because I'm forced to.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2