Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great employees
Print Shop Manager/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
The manager was lacking the basic knowledge to effectively run the department and was very difficult to work with. Lacked people skills and work ethic.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay and work inviroment.
I worked in the ED so it was normally always fast paced.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2018
On an average day, I mostly handled clerical duties and saw lots of traumas come throughout the emergency department. Although I saw many unfortunate events, it was a constant reminder of how blessed I truly am.
Pros
I met really amazing people, and saw lots of patients make great transformations.
Cons
I've witnessed gossiping managers and I think it's awful.
Excellent place to work!!
Part-time Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
Typical work environment was suitable to work in and great staff. Even though Hospital was fast paced, employees worked together to get the job done. Team work environment.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Hours.
Productive and rewarding
Registered Nurse Level 2 Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
Taking care of children in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit was rewarding especially when the patient got better. It was intense as patients are critically ill, lots of autonomy and team support.
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Family Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202March 17, 2018
There is a lack of opportunity of growth with this organization. Arkansas Children's Hospital has loss sight of its employees as being people first. There is a major focus on profit rather than employee engagement and retention. The pay rate is appropriate in regards to previous work experience and schooling.
Working for Arkansas Childrens Hospital
Patient Information Assistant/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day is good for the exceptions of constant or daily changes in rules and procedures which is difficult to keep up with. Basically the whole managment works using micro managment but lacks communication. This I would say is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job until recent years was knowing I had a hand in helping the children that are seen. I have learned over the years how to handle upset families over the phone and giving reassurance.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great Co-workers, Helping Children
Cons
Shorts Lunches, Communication from management
Hospital setting
Admission Counselor I -II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202February 24, 2018
I have worked in clinics and have found that i like it better than hospital setting.
I found while working there, much tension between black and white people.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Great Place to work with children
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work with the children. Arkansas Children Hospital offered a lot of benefits for it's employees. They showed great appreciation to the staff.
I have no Idea
Care Giver/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2018
 Organize and take part in children activities such as games, craft, drawing, and reading, teach children basic skills such as color, shapes, and numbers, and alphabets.

 Assist in organizing activities to promote physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good
PTC (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2018
it was a great place to work.. yes we had some problems and there's nothing perfect..I love working with the children.talking with them watching the children getting well and going home, and coming back to see us when came for there of appointments...
Enjoyed working in Dermotology clinic.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2018
Unstable work environment in due to ineffective communication and not enough team players for this particular clinic.
Overall the last department I worked in was more structured and more room for upward mobility.
productive
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2018
I worked for UAMS for over 30 years at Children's Hospital so it is hard to review ACH. Most of the people that I know there, are relatively happy with their jobs there.
love my job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2018
I love interacting with and meeting new patients and family. I am eager to learning new things and I love the hours I work. There is very poor management skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
very poor management
Ach
BMET III (Clinical Engineering/IT Hybrid) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2018
I love working there! We save babies!! the culture is family orientated, technically focused, and strives for growth to meet the health care needs to AR's children. You feel the passion for children when you walk in the door. I am saddened to leave but I need to be with my children in AZ.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2018
Enjoyed working with the kids. Like working there. Fast pace, grwat benefits, management was ok in the area I was in. However it was a great and friendly place to work.
Cons
Fun and great work place.
Grill Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 10, 2018
I started and I instantly felt relaxed. I felt like the job was somewhere I could be at for a while. The managers and chefs where down to earth and very understanding. It sometime felt like one big happy family..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Had to be full time to recieve benefits
working experenice
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2018
I loved working there with the children and also with the people that work there has well. I will rate it has a 10 stars they are very good. I just loved working with the customers and there families
Pros
children and management
jobs
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 25, 2017
This was a job that I work at for a little over 2 years. I had 5 years experience when I came to work here. The work was ok and I did my job to the best of my ability.
It was like any other hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 21, 2017
It was nice to just have pediatric patients.
The acuity to nurse ratio was usually high. I feel that made for a high stress level.
You frequently were "pulled" to work in another area without the knowledge or training/inservice to give safe and good care.
great place to work
NICU, RN II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 20, 2017
ACH is a great place to work. Loved working as a team with other employees. Pay was pretty comparable to other hospitals. Worked there for 17 years. Great hospital.
Pros
pay
Cons
working nighs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight