Arkansas Children's Hospital
Coronavirus update

Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

United States288 reviews
Positive
Patient Accounts is a fast paced environment. I enjoy the challenge & always learning something new. You are not in direct patient care but the hospital & management team do good reminding teams of the importance of our role. The management and director work closely with teams and seek input. I feel part of a team and valued as an employee. Overall coworkers are team players.
I can’t give a lower score unfortunately
The culture is sub par and HR is the worst it’s ever been. They support those who are hated by staff and are have been there many years.

New staff are unwelcomed.

The new guy from Atlanta does not like leaders.
Good job
This job is great more jobs should be like this great people to work beside and to be with great hours good pay nice benefit w great place excellent care to people
Super Fun workplace!
I had an amazing experience at ACH getting to work with nurses, and playing with sick kiddos who needed someone to pay them attention and be a friend.
Excellent culture
People love working here. I am passionate about my job, feel supported in my role, and enjoy investing in this organization. I would highly recommend ACH.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
ACH is very domineering and feels they are above the law. They get rid of you after you get sick w cancer, ms, or some other ailment that no accomdat
The people in areas can be backstabbing, bullying, they set you up for failure. They enjoy seeing you make mistakes. It’s what led to my stressing and sickness. I went to HR AND they didn’t even do anything !!! I would run away fast from ACH!! The management is only out for themselves !!!
Fun environment, hard work required
This is a good environment to work in. Management over CSAs and PCTs does not really give much heed to fair assignments and protecting them on the job. However, it is very fulfilling to work with the team and make a kid's day!
Pay is not what it should be
Pay isn't fair, hardly able to take time off, insurance is a bit high, you are worked way too much with little encouragement, favoritism is shown daily to certain employees, and annual pay increases aren't very much.
There are so many areas to work in the hospital always a chance to grow
There is always a chance to advance you can start in one department and move up to another one. To be able to put a smile on the kids faces even though they are going through some hard time.
Pros
Seeing all kind of people from all around the world
Cons
Being around the sick babies and stressed out parents can be a sad at times
A good place to work, but not great.
A relaxed atmosphere, but with "relaxed" people. Your co-workers can have 10 plus years of experience or ZERO experience. There are some people that hustle all day and there are others that coast. Overall, not a bad place to work, but can be challenging.
Great benefits and learning culture
It is a great place to have a career. They offer a great benefits package. There are plenty of ways to advance in your career. There are man opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
Good organization with poor management
ACH is a good organization to work for depending on the department. There is an urgent need for improvement in leadership, particularly in the Patient Accounts Department. The managers and the director are both poor examples of what the company represents. They refuse to communicate with non-leadership staff, harass employees throughout the day, cyberbully, over-work certain staff and no one is held accountable. You are able to transfer within 6 months of being employed however the management team will make sure that doesn't happen. The leadership is also not diverse. Do not apply here if you do not have tough skin.
Learned so much and liked working in burn unit
The friendships i made with other therspist. Teamwork . Wonderful. Learned so much there with CF pts. Todd unit. Oncology, and liked the hard word of working in the burn center
Pros
Loved working with the childern
Cons
Felt held back .
productive and innovative workplace
I am simops so my job is unique. My director thrives off us pursuing professional development and being apart of local support groups. I love we indirectly save lives and make childrens a safer place for patients.
I was a RN Traveler in the NICU
The staff were nice for the most part, felt like travelers got dumped on most times, and pulled a lot to the picu. The travelers were the first ones called off.
Education Oriented
Good place for new graduate nurses to develop nursing skills. This is a a teaching facility and many residents from UAMS do training here. Patient care technicians have full load when caring for patients and must be able to work with all ages including some adults.
productive in pay
I liked a few of my co-workers and my pay was awesome. The management team was ok I have seen worse. Incentives were a plus and the monthly meetings were informative.
ACH =Care,Love and Hope
Starting as a brand new nurse at ACH, I had many stepping stones that aided in Developing me into the Nurse Leader I am today. Great mentors and Professional Development course. Excellent 12-16 orientation for new grads along with the Versant Program.
Pros
Employees you work with, Great Benefits and retirement plan
Work anywhere but ortho
Loved my job but the management and coworker were super disrespectful and always talked behind your back. Very unprofessional for managers to speak about other employees health issues in front of others and favoritism was her finest job.
Pretty good job
Been at Children Hospital for 13 years love working there with children new company came over and things just change not for the better but for the worse change is good I enjoyed working there but not for the new company that came in and took over
Great Place to Work
Great place to work, great people, great environment. They really care about their employees, and most importantly, the children. I would definitely recommend for employment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight