Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

havent work there in 20 years
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 12, 2019
Was a great place when I was there but don't know much about the place now.Only worked there for 3 years. If they had paid better I would have probably stayed.
Typical day at work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  AhrlFebruary 2, 2019
I work in an after hour call center from 1630-0100. The work is good. All of the staff in the unit get along well. The hardest part of the job is working all holidays. The most enjoyable is everyone getting along.
Pros
Nice gift at thanksgiving
Cons
working during bad weather
Ortho floor
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 27, 2019
I loved my job at ACH. They're always teaching, pushing you to learn at every turn. I was looking forward to working there for many years before having to relocate. Always fun and interesting.
Good place to work for if you want to work for children in any way.
Summer Resident (Former Employee) –  Pulaski County, ARJanuary 26, 2019
I was here only for one summer for about (for about 2 months), doing an internship as part of my degree program. I learned a lot about communicating in a healthcare setup with people at different levels of hierarchy and how crucial empathy is.
Management lack
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 20, 2018
My supervisor did not know hardly anything. I basically worked at a daycare with a director who didn't know her job. she did not like kids, it so odd. And she was very unprofessional.
Pros
working at ACH
Cons
working with silly adults
Great opportunity to grow and advance
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202November 17, 2018
Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great place to work, the nursing staff is helpful to the PCT/nursing students, making it a learning experience while they are at work.
Pros
Encourage by management to advance your education
Cons
nothing to report - this is a wonderful company
Challenging and fun place to work
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 15, 2018
The workplace culture is collaborative and supportive. The hardest part of the job was seeing the children sick but they children were also the most enjoyable part of the job. Management tries to be fair depending on the department you work in and how you communicate.
Pros
Good gifts and Parties
I enjoyed working at ACH
Little Rock - Current RN II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2018
ACH is a great place to work at. I have learned a lot of the past year or so. I have met some great patients, doctors, and other employees that I look forward to seeing.
Very professional and great teamwork
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2018
I loved working at this place, it offered growth in any area you had questions about. Felt as if I was actually apart of a structured team and a place that really focused on their patients as well as the staff. Great place to be apart of.
Pros
Highly motivated
a typical day at work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 23, 2018
compass group is over the kitchen, and they suck
they hire anybody with no experience and except them to know everyhing
managers can't make no schedule always short or overstaffed
VP level management ruined the culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2018
I worked for ACH in IT for nearly 14 years. ACH has always been a wonderful place, but I can no longer recommend it as a place to work in IT. Changes at the VP level about three years ago have resulted in a severe decline in the work culture there.

As a result, there has been an exodus of talent from ACH in the IT department. ACH is still a great place overall, but just be careful about which departments you work for. There are some areas with self-serving management that should be avoided.
Pros
A great healthcare environment for children.
Cons
Decline in the culture in some departments.
Fast paced workplace with great co-workers
Administrative Assistant III ENT office (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2018
I loved working at ACH. Towards the end of my career there they made some management changes. At first it was okay but overtime my manager showed her true colors. She was not fair between her employees and treated most of us very disrespectfully. It was a situation I found myself needing to get out of. I hated to leave the physicians I worked for and my fellow co-workers. I loved my job. I just couldn't take the negative impact the manager was having on myself and my co-workers.
Pros
You left each day like you were truly helping kids and that feels amazing.
Cons
No breaks. You go to the lunch room and come back to eat at your desk.
Leading care giver of children's health in Arkansas
Telephone Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
A professional business environment that supports the care of children with multiple health issues. A magnet organization, the highest award given by the National Nursing Credentialing organization. Many opportunities to develop your nursing skills.
Pros
prestigious
Cons
work/life balance can be a challenge
SPANISH INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2018
Really enjoyed working at ACH. I was going to school while working there and they were very flexible with my schedule. Coworkers were great and I learned a lot from them.
Love this company
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Great values, excellent benefits. Teamwork is excellent. Management is very involved and a always approachable. I love this company.
Rewarding
ER Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 20, 2018
A place to help others and and put a smile on each and every one face you come in contact with. Ach family will always touch your heart in some way. Our entire staff is very passionate about the care given. It's a place for making memories.
Day
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2018
A day at work could be challenging or on some day boarding. The culture is great because we are all about helping kids, management could be better listeners.
Great place to advance your career
NEONATAL ICU RN II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2018
ACH is a great place to work. Career advancement opportunities are very structured with encouragement to set goals and climb the achievement ladder. Benefits and compensation are also attractive.
Pros
salary/compensation
Cons
too far for me to commute
I loved working with children
Assistant Nurse Manager/OR/PACU (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2018
My manager quit when I started therefore I did not get any training and they did not hire a new manager therefore I left as I felt incapable of performing my job.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
No management in my area or training
Excellent place to work
Patient Information Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
I was able to learn a great deal at ACH. The management was supportive and provided tools for advancement. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable part was seeing the families smile upon discharge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight