Arkansas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Busy
RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2017
Not interested in reviewing this facility. Compensation was appropriate for the area. Management was attentive. There is room for advancement within.
Great co-workers
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 30, 2017
Benefits are superior, especially the retirement matching and paid time off. More great bosses than bad ones. Many wonderful people to work with. Must be able to keep up with emerging technology.
Communications/Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2017
Can't say anything bad about working here. It's a great place to work. The compensation is fair, the benefits are really good. The culture fantastic. And the mission is amazing.
Current
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2017
Great place to work; Can be high-paced and hectic. Rewarding if you love working with children. Resources (people) are hard to come by if you're in leadership which has an effect on EVERYTHING.
Pros
Competitive salary; rewarding job;
Cons
Lack of advancement; lack of resources to do the job; high turnover
Children's gave me the chance I needed
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2017
I begin most days by coming into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our patient. workplace was quit but busy,the hardest part about my job was,being nice to mean people,i loved my job,the environment and people were totally cool and meeting new people and building friendship by gaining the trust of those we served,and most of all a good supervisor who does not come around always to check on us except when we need him or her.
Review Summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 20, 2017
Excellent coworkers and managers. Ability to advance career and receive good benefits. Time off is flexible and able to work with lifestyle. Excellent career opportunity.
workplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2017
This is a good place to work. They really seem to care about you and your family. They work with you around hours that help you out as much as they can and it is like working with a big extended family
Travel Nurse Position
Travel Nurse- RN Network (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2017
The ER is very welcoming and cohesive. I enjoyed every day. The culture is welcoming with great coworkers. I learned more about trauma and how other hospitals operate traumas.
okay
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2017
Hard and stressful. Could be fun at times. I loved working in cardiac surgery for 2 years. Seeing the staff and nurses work hard to maintain a great experience for the patients was great.
what you learned
Intern Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 22, 2017
I learned more about pharmacy practice from a health system standpoint. I also gained valuable sterile and nonsterile compounding experience. Specifically, I learned more pediatrics.
fun wokplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2017
My experience at Arkansas children hospitals,Is phenomenal.This is a great hospital, with wonderful doctors and staff. I loved working there. I love children.
great place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2017
Ach is a great place to work, you get to know families and the staff are wonderful. Ach strives and achieves family oriented atmosphere. The years that i have been at ach have been wonderful,the physicians are the best. They support the staff. Ach also has several several off campus clinics which helps with families that live outside of little rock and cannot always make the drive to little rock. Ach is a exceptional hospital.
Pros
great physicains
Cons
salaries need to be better.
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 12, 2017
Anyone would be proud to work at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Work life balance is great. Managers and supervisors are wonderful. I only left to take on a more challenging roll back in my chosen profession of finance.
: Productive workplace
Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my job at ACH. I learned a lot in my position, both about life and myself. I especially enjoyed the challenges and being able to be of service to such a deserving patient population.
Pros
Caring professinals great patient populatino
Cons
Somwehat too political at times
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Had good benefits. Staff seemed to have a high morale. Good patient to staff ratio. Co-workers worked as a team. Very good for learning new things. Great education opportunities.
Staff/ Management are phenominal
Unit Secretary Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2017
Amazing place to work, at the moment unfortunately my family needs require something different than the position I currently hold, otherwise I recommend this amazing place!
Great place to work in all areas
Administrative Assistant / Accounting Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2017
ACH is not only a great place for children but a great place to work and learn from experienced co-workers. They offer great benefits and make working fun.
I originally really enjoyed my job at Arkansas Children's Hospital until new management came in.
Senior Administratve Assistant (Former Employee) –  AdministrationAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed my 7 years at ACH until they brought in new COO's and new management the last two months and then it became cut-throat and not employee friendly
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay was not competitive
Ach
Craniofacial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
The new management under Marcy is all about making a name for herself and not about the children anymore. I have worked every department in that hospital and she has cut so many jobs that the nurses can't do their jobs. they have too many patients to patient ratio, the nurses can't push the meds and do documentation also at a timely matter. The anesthesiologist were cut in half and wait times for surgeries were never on time. The Arkansas of department of human services would "dump" the kids that were taken from abused homes and would never find a solution to their problem and ACH had to hold beds for much more needed children and also took up the expense of that! there is too much to list! If I do not get a job because standing up for justice than so be it!
Pros
The children are the main focus
Cons
Not anyore its about maki9ing money and making a name for herelf
A very lovely place to work
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 17, 2017
ACH is an excellent company to work for. I have been given opportunity to excel in my career. I would always recommend others to apply and start their career here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight