Arkansas Democrat Gazette Employee Reviews

Lousy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Democrat, ARMarch 15, 2019
They lie about your pay and try to make you think they're going to pay you really well and then when the pay isn't enough they lie again and tell you that they'll adjust your pay, yet make no attempt to give you any compensation for your loss of income. They also do not pay one cent to cover your gas even when they change your route and add almost 75 miles to your route that was never mentioned in the original agreement. You will spend 75% and more of your pay on gas and maintenance costs.
It simply is not worth it.
Great job great people
Outbound telemarketing subscription sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2019
Was a great job, even though commission based sales. The commission was worth the time and limited only by your effort. Excellent incentives above and beyond commission as well
A fun environment
Marketing/Advertising agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2019
A typical day was taking calls for advertising and delivery issues. A very cool environment and very helpful. Our managers took care of us. The hardest part of my job would be the slow days or the scam artists.
District Sales Manager
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 2, 2019
I worked for this company as a district sales manager. The job itself is great but the company is horrible. There is no loyalty, they are against you having a fakily life and they will let you go without notice.
Pros
Hours, meeting new people
Cons
The company
Children friendly-family friendly
Advertising Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Democrat, ARJanuary 15, 2019
Great family workplace. Productive and fun. Meeting new people through new accounts, professional environment, interact with other departments within the company.
Pros
Free events
Cons
healthcare
Production and fun working with other people
Press Production, (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 10, 2019
Everyday phase is normal. Learned how to drive jack rider and pallet jack, good management. Enjoy working with others, hardest part no work for 3 days.
Pros
Water fountain, 2 breaks
Cons
benefit, hours, do not work for 3 days.
Arkansas Democrat Gazette
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 15, 2018
Is a great place to work. Everyone plays a team player, great typical day at work, a enjoyable place to work. Great family benefits package. Great place.
Pros
Travel.
Cons
N/a
Company doesn't care about you
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Quitman, AROctober 2, 2018
I just gave this route up in the middle of September 2018. I was driving about 75 miles until one Saturday morning, when the Zone Manager came to the bundle drop, left me a list of new customers that was pulled from another route, they were combining with the Guy/Quitman route, and the mileage went from about 75 miles to about 150 miles, with a pay increase of $10 per night. That was unbelievable. They do not pay for your gas. You do get a route subsidy, which was $40 per night, which went to $50 with the $10 increase, and a few dollars per month from the customer pay for the papers, but the increase in mileage, and the time it takes to drive the additional mileage, makes this route a joke. I have delivered newspapers for 30 years. I have been delivering the Arkansas Democrat off and on for 20 years. Take my word for it, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS, AND CARE EVEN LESS ABOUT THE CARRIERS!!! The Damascus route was done the same way, EXCEPT they added 100 miles per day to it., and $10 per night pay increase. NEITHER ROUTE IS WORTH THE MONEY!!!! You will regret taking the route, and you will be under a contract if you take it. Take my word on this...I have 30 years experience. I am not simply pulling your chain, I am talking from experience, and offering some advice. STAY AWAY FROM THE DEMOCRAT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
Pros
Cons
7 nights per week, 365 night per year, no sick days, no raise, deadline to deliver
The News Paper companys have been on a down hill slide for the last few year. working envioroment was nice and enjoyed working there
Supply/ Materials handler / small press operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2018
I was laid off from this company for budget cuts. The upset was that i had no warning that i was going to be laid off or a change of closing department.
Cons
budget cuts lay offs
Bad pay, mis-managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 17, 2018
Papers always late for pick-up; carrier has to wait, sometimes for hours, then try to make up for the delay, with late-paper complaints still held against them. Damaged or missing papers come out of the rack sales, which the carrier has to pay for, even if it isn't their fault. Promised bonuses often not paid; regular monthly pay often incorrect; trying to get it corrected almost impossible. Management often unreachable, and when reached are ineffective, apathetic, and even deceitful. Other carriers/drivers are often friendly, nice. But Arkansas Democrat Gazette is not a good company to contract with.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Little to zero chance for raise
Designer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
There is not any possibility for a raise.
Promotions are hard to come by and when you do it is not always promised a raise will come with the added workload.
The profit sharing is nice.
Work with a newspaper that has historical ties to the state.
Convenient location for many lunch opportunities.
The health plan is not affordable. especially if you have a family.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Very bad health plan
Good hours
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette because I enjoy driving. As a carrier I was My own boss, I had the same work schedule every week, and I received a payment every week from the racks. I did not enjoy never having a day off or vacation days.
Decent Money For the Hours
Newspaper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 18, 2018
I deliver newspapers between the hours of 2am to 6am. I enjoy the hours and being able to be home with my family during the day. District Manager really cares about his people and tries to be as helpful as he can be.
Fun place to work a lot of great people.
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 16, 2018
A lot of down time you have to find something to do if the machine breaks down and that happens often.
The people were great we had a lot of fun they were very nice as well.
Best job
General Assignment Reporter and Features (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2018
I loved the Dem-Gaz. I only left because of a move. However, like all newspapers they have had many layoffs since I was there. Not sure how secure I would feel about working there now.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
none!
Arkansas democrat gazette
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 17, 2018
it was and awesome experience if you like to sell things you will love it they have many branches of sales door to door on phones any opportunity you need.
I was A fun workplace and didn't take long to get the job done
carrier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARApril 10, 2018
Had to go throw newspapers and made sure we had got no complaints and get them thrown out before 6am. The route varies on how and where your address Tha you were from.
Pros
No brakes
Cons
Make sure we get no complaints
Early hours of work.
Newspaper carrier (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, ARApril 8, 2018
Early hours. Seven days a week. Self employed, contracted. Drive a lot of miles. Was able to work a second job because of hour flexibility. No contact with to many people. Independent work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Drive own vehicle
Distribution - all weather
Asst. District Managet (Current Employee) –  Col glenn road' little rock' arMarch 20, 2018
Great Job working early mornings in all types of weather. Have to show up. ADm were reimbursed for miles driven anf had 2 days off each week. Was turnover with carriers, ran theirs or other open routes. My area off Colonel Glenn had a very good crew working there.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Weather
No respect for enployees or carrieres.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ArMarch 12, 2018
Horrible work for no pay... Work 7 days a week no days off while management sits around. No help if stuck on routes. Always gettinv the wrong end of the stick. Alot if managers hire the wrong kinnd of people.