Arkansas Department of Health Employee Reviews

intern
Intern, Public Health Education and Awareness (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2018
its was a great place to work. I worked as an intern there. most of my time I spent on health education and research with department of health I really learnt a lot
Pros
ideal for entry level
Cons
difficult to get into
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work with rewarding outcomes. Pleasant atmosphere and management was very supportive. The workplace culture was peaceful and educational.
awesome support of aides in the field
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ARJuly 6, 2018
The Marshall office staff and nurses were very supportive of all the aides. If a particular client didn't work well with that aide they were able to find another client without losing all their hours
I enjoyed getting to know my clients.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 22, 2018
Although the company is now out of business in Garland county, I believe they might still be in Little Rock. I did not get paid enough for the type of home health care that I did. The pay was terrible but I did love my clients and they were wonderful senior citizens and disabled folks.
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 17, 2018
AR Health Department of Health is a well rounded environment a great way to move up within the company. I loved working for the company and enjoyed meeting the patients and the workers.
Good learning step.
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 21, 2018
ADH has some of the up and coming equipment if you want to learn new technics.
-MALD-TOF
-CF testing by DNA markers
-Traditional microbiology
Improve your resume then on if trying to improve on pay.
Cultura laboral admirable, lo que mas me gusto era la camaraderia, y la parte mas dificil fueron los dias de las viajes para otros estados.
Project Manager Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2018
La cultura laboral de esta empresa del estado era de admirar. No se dejaba nada para despues ni para otro dia. La parte mas dificil fueron los viajes a otros estados para asistir a conferencias de salud.
Pros
El seguro de salud era increible!!
Cons
Creo que teniamos 20 minutos de break para tomar cafe.
Very Professional
SR HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2018
Colleagues are of the highest quality one might expect in a professional health-centric culture. The level of dedication, professionalism and sincere desires, of most all, to provide health services to the entire state are without a doubt exemplary.
Cons
State salaries are below what is to be expected in the private sector.
I loved my job duties.
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2018
I loved every part of my job duties when I was supervising and when they put me under the supervision of someone who disliked me & had no problem showing that in the workplace. My coworkers were more like family than associates and, other than the pay, were often the reason I didn’t look for other employment while I was there.
Pros
Coworkers were like family, insurance benefits, Monday-Friday 8-4:30.
Cons
They treated clerks and nurses like children.
Love my job just need more of a challenge.
Fiscal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2018
This is a very stable company but not much area for advancement. Would like to be able to advance and be able to show my strengths and skills to the best of my knowledge.
An excellent company to work for even though there weren't many job advancement opportunities
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Arc, ARApril 5, 2018
* Relaxed and goal-oriented

* I learned how to become a more effective customer service rep.

* The management was awesome

* The workplace culture was inclusive and productive

* Can't say that there was any hard part except maybe having to travel for some meetings

* I enjoyed helping our customers the most and learning that everyone is the same, basically, no matter where they come from
Pros
Opportunity to serve the community
Cons
No room for advancement
Family oriented and flexability
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2018
Every morning the staff do a briefing over the agenda of what has been completed and what need to be completed. I have become familiar with Hipaa Privacy how to keep patients files on lock and private. The management here is on point with what each employee is trained to do and what they need to be trained to do. This workplace culture is equality for every employee there is no discrimination all must follow company policy. The hardest part of the job is leaving this company because its family oriented flexible time if needing to be off for family emergency. The whole staff cares about each employees well being.
Not enough employees
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2018
You take of the disabled but you were only allowed to work no more that 12 per week for each patient. You could work weekend if needed. You could make your own time schedule.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
The pay
Statewide Travel and mileage
Statewide Flu Clinic Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 16, 2018
This year flu vaccinations were vital, as the present flu season has demonstrated. It was a pleasure to contribute to avoiding community health problems.
Pros
Traveling to a variety of different locations in Arkansas
Cons
Correction Facilities, by their nature, are slow and tedious due to threat avoidance procedures
Relaxed workplace if you have good time managment skills
Health Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMarch 7, 2018
I love my work environment the only way I would ever leave is if a new career opportunity was to arise. They offer great benefits, paid time off. We are all like family and work as a team to get the job done!
Pros
Pto, great work environment, benefits
Productive and Fun
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at ConnectCare. Work included assisting medicaid recipients with assign in their primary care provider. It gave me solid experience in clerical work and providing customer service. The work was easy but challenging and I enjoyed working with a team. Management cared for your well-being and made it a point to speak to all of their employees on a daily basis. You also had a choice in morning and evening shifts. I chose the evening shift.
Pros
Great work environment, Monthly team events for company moral
fun place to work
Home Health / Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  dequeenFebruary 15, 2018
i enjoyed my time here. i had a wonderful boss and excellent benefits. the place is no longer operating which is sad because it was a wonderful place for people that were uninsured.
Better management should have been given.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2018
Unstable work environment in due to ineffective communication and not enough team players for this particular clinic.
Overall the last department I worked in was more structured and more room for upward mobility.
Terrible place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ARJanuary 23, 2018
All that works at ADH is a bunch of back stabbing tattle tails. The best part of working there was helping the people. I enjoyed meeting people. But for me you can be the best at what you do here but if management doesn't like you they will cause you problems. Management will bully you and micromanage you to the point you're drained from stress. Management and tattle tail co workers create a hostile environment through out the department. That's how management works around here. It's very sad they can get away with treating good employees like they are nobody. A bad manager can take good employees and turn them into non caring employees fast. There's nepotism throughout the department also. It's just not a good place to work at all.
Pros
The public
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marianna, ARJanuary 21, 2018
While working at the Home Health office. The staff and Supervisors were very friendly and helpful. I was hired at Lee County Health Department but mostly work in Helena. Now they do not offer home health.