Arkansas Department of Health Employee Reviews

Job Description
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARJanuary 3, 2019
In this position I investigated diseases, and this involved the collection and analysis of health data through field research, observation, and questionnaires. I also had to educate the community on the different diseases affecting them.
During outbreaks, I would have to apply my knowledge of how and why communicable diseases spread so I could make recommendations on containment and treatment. I also was responsible for locating and counseling people exposed to, infected with, or having a positive test for communicable diseases. I had to create reports for the state and the CDC.
Great job working with public in multiple programs.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2018
Has been a good place to work for decades. 2 years ago the In Home Services portion was sold to a private vendor. Many speculate that the Public Health Portion will also be turned over to private care to provide services.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Nurses eat their young.
Challenging and rewardingl.
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
Although the job was challenging, it was very rewarding. I was given many opportunities to gain training and knowledge regarding my job. My supervisor was helpful when needed but gave me the opportunity to work independently.
Benefits
Cons
Did not offer hazard pay.
Its okay
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2018
a typical day includes arriving to work and then starting your intended job purpose. after you have done your tasks and it is time to leave you go home
Good Place to work
Personal Care Nurse and Home Health Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rison, ARSeptember 26, 2018
This was a home health position so there was a lot of travel involved. hardest part of the job was a lot of the patients lived in very remote areas.Lots of dogs and more dogs. I loved the flexible schedule
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of travel
under paid and over worked
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 9, 2018
this job salary was very bad for the position and no benefits at all.
This position required that you assisted clients in their home;. I went to some homes that the patients had family members that lived with them that made me very uncomfortable and I hated this job.
Contract RN In-home services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2018
Home Health Services offered through state funded program, autonomy and freedom to see many clients in rural settings throughout day. Many different settings and types of clients seen in this area/field of nursing.
Family and Consumer Science Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 29, 2018
none, I do not wish to review this business.
I do not think this should be a requirement to continue with the job search. I have no opinions in which I wish to share publicly
intern
Intern, Public Health Education and Awareness (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2018
its was a great place to work. I worked as an intern there. most of my time I spent on health education and research with department of health I really learnt a lot
Pros
ideal for entry level
Cons
difficult to get into
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work with rewarding outcomes. Pleasant atmosphere and management was very supportive. The workplace culture was peaceful and educational.
awesome support of aides in the field
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ARJuly 6, 2018
The Marshall office staff and nurses were very supportive of all the aides. If a particular client didn't work well with that aide they were able to find another client without losing all their hours
I enjoyed getting to know my clients.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 22, 2018
Although the company is now out of business in Garland county, I believe they might still be in Little Rock. I did not get paid enough for the type of home health care that I did. The pay was terrible but I did love my clients and they were wonderful senior citizens and disabled folks.
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 17, 2018
AR Health Department of Health is a well rounded environment a great way to move up within the company. I loved working for the company and enjoyed meeting the patients and the workers.
Good learning step.
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 21, 2018
ADH has some of the up and coming equipment if you want to learn new technics.
-MALD-TOF
-CF testing by DNA markers
-Traditional microbiology
Improve your resume then on if trying to improve on pay.
Cultura laboral admirable, lo que mas me gusto era la camaraderia, y la parte mas dificil fueron los dias de las viajes para otros estados.
Project Manager Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 21, 2018
La cultura laboral de esta empresa del estado era de admirar. No se dejaba nada para despues ni para otro dia. La parte mas dificil fueron los viajes a otros estados para asistir a conferencias de salud.
Pros
El seguro de salud era increible!!
Cons
Creo que teniamos 20 minutos de break para tomar cafe.
Very Professional
SR HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2018
Colleagues are of the highest quality one might expect in a professional health-centric culture. The level of dedication, professionalism and sincere desires, of most all, to provide health services to the entire state are without a doubt exemplary.
Cons
State salaries are below what is to be expected in the private sector.
I loved my job duties.
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2018
I loved every part of my job duties when I was supervising and when they put me under the supervision of someone who disliked me & had no problem showing that in the workplace. My coworkers were more like family than associates and, other than the pay, were often the reason I didn’t look for other employment while I was there.
Pros
Coworkers were like family, insurance benefits, Monday-Friday 8-4:30.
Cons
They treated clerks and nurses like children.
Love my job just need more of a challenge.
Fiscal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2018
This is a very stable company but not much area for advancement. Would like to be able to advance and be able to show my strengths and skills to the best of my knowledge.
An excellent company to work for even though there weren't many job advancement opportunities
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Arc, ARApril 5, 2018
* Relaxed and goal-oriented

* I learned how to become a more effective customer service rep.

* The management was awesome

* The workplace culture was inclusive and productive

* Can't say that there was any hard part except maybe having to travel for some meetings

* I enjoyed helping our customers the most and learning that everyone is the same, basically, no matter where they come from
Pros
Opportunity to serve the community
Cons
No room for advancement
Family oriented and flexability
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2018
Every morning the staff do a briefing over the agenda of what has been completed and what need to be completed. I have become familiar with Hipaa Privacy how to keep patients files on lock and private. The management here is on point with what each employee is trained to do and what they need to be trained to do. This workplace culture is equality for every employee there is no discrimination all must follow company policy. The hardest part of the job is leaving this company because its family oriented flexible time if needing to be off for family emergency. The whole staff cares about each employees well being.