Arkansas Dermatology

Arkansas Dermatology Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
Working for this company has been a valuable experience. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The company strives to take care of their patients by making their visit a pleasant experience. The same goes for all employees. The company takes care of their employees and fully considers concerns or needs of the employees.
Pros
Guaranteed lunch break, set shift that starts and ends at the same time each day, weekends off
Cons
There is always drama between the employees. People who make the same mistakes over and over again are never reprimanded for their actions. People consistently put blame on others and talk negatively about patients and other employees.
I cant even begin to tell you how amazing this place is. It's extremely fast paced and there's never a dull moment. Everything you do will be on a tablet or computer. The staff is more than happy to train you and you will learn something new every day. What I love the most is there is NO drama in the office. Everyone helps each other and that's the way it should be in a work environment. Pay is based on your skills and education. Benefits include health, dental, and vision!
Providers-Amazing! The turn over rate is horrible because of the office manager. She lacks professionalism, is very cold hearted & expresses bi-polar characteristics on a daily basis. In return making the work environment toxic. .
Cons
Manager
This is a very fast paced group, seeing between 80-100+ patients daily. Always staying busy makes the work day fly by. If you don’t like to work, this isn’t the job for you. I love the PA’s, they are awesome to work with and teach you so much along the way! You get discounts on cosmetic procedures and on the products they sell! Paid time off, catered lunches a lot of the time, great health and dental benefits, 401k kicks in after a year. I love the opportunity to travel to other clinics and meet so many great people!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I had to leave due to personal reasons but I REGRET it and miss this place daily! Hands down the best job I’ve ever had! From the workers to the management to the providers, it was all great! Everyone makes you feel appreciated and wanted. Never felt out of place. The strong connection between the patients and staff was my favorite thing. This place is simply amazing. Feels like you’re part of a family instead of just work.
Pros
Pay, caring, kind, hours
Cons
There are ZERO!
I was told I would travel, I did not. I was told I would do surgery most days, I did not. I was told I would sew patients after surgery, I did not.
We occasionally had meetings during lunch, but we still had to clock out so we didnt get paid for the work meetings we had.

I didnt fit in with the group, wasnt besties with the clinic manager, and refused to call one if the PA's princess. The clinic manager would pull the patients back before I could, hide the phone notes, and other things so it would look like I never did anything.

I enjoyed working with most of the people though.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
No phones, no OT
I loved every minute of working here. The people and the management are amazing. The decision for me to leave was the hardest thing ever. Love everyone there and anyone lucky enough to work there will be excited to be appreciated.
Pros
Lunches
This clinic is very fast paced. The nurses are very competitive and strive to be the best, which is awesome for their patients. But if you are one that does not like to stay busy, this is not the place for you! The providers are amazing teachers and they will teach you so much in just a couple of months. I worked at one of the satellite clinics and I loved not having to drive to Little Rock and still receive competitive pay.
Pros
Pay, no weekends, great hours
Cons
no phones
This employer has the potential to be a wonderful workplace. Unfortunately the management is lacking in professionalism and communication. Day-to-day is very bi-polar, and makes for a toxic work environment for some. The providers and nursing staff are amazing, though.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Poor managment
i absolutely loved my job at arkansas dermatology. the doctors and PA's were amazing and i learned so much each day i worked with them. i commuted over an hour each day and would do a longer commute if i needed to because they are so great. if i could id work there still from connecticut. i honestly can say that job was my favorite and most rewarding job i held. i miss it and everyone there!
Pros
the work atmosphere, the learning experiences
I absolutely loved working here. It was very busy and my day always flew by!
The PA's are so kind and they teach you a lot. The doctors are very caring and generous! I love that I did not have to work weekends and i always got to spend holidays with my family!

They do have strict rules about cell phones and computer use but you are honestly too busy for that anyways.

Working for AR Derm will forever be my favorite job!
Pros
Great Atmosphere Hours-- No nights or weekend Generous/ Caring Doctors Fun Events-- Christmas party, Family Picnic Birthday lunches Retirement plan that will match you
Cons
No over time available
This is a job that has unlimited potential for learning and growth. This company actually cares about the patients and how they are treated. They have rules to follow like every other employer. I love the stability of working here.
Pros
Birthday lunches monthly. Good benefits. Busy work schedule.
Cons
Growing pains.
Providers and nurses are easy to work with and are extremely good at their jobs. Patient care is of utmost importance to everyone, which makes you proud to work with such a skilled staff. Most importantly, our community has access to great dermatology care without driving out of town.
Pros
Five-day work week with no weekends required
Cons
No overtime allowed
A very busy day schedule at all times. Learning more is always fun. Working togather as a team is a great success. I like making my Doctors happy with what I do for him. The most happiest times for me is making my patients feel better.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks