Arkansas Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Afcu
Teller Supervisor, Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AR 72076June 21, 2018
I input loan applications, new membership applications, ordered cash for branch use and atm use. customer service, the hardest part of the job was the end of the month paperwork, the most enjoyable part of this job was the area in which I worked.
Pros
great staff
Fair
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 3, 2018
AFCU has high expectations of its employees and pushes them to be successful. However, this can be challenging for some. ...............................
A Productive Work Environment
Service Center Professional (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers. You have to
be knowledgable of all the products that AFCU offer. I learned to take control of situations that dealt with complaints of customers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Must be able to multitask
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 29, 2017
Your job consist of moving daily and through out the day. You must be able to handle the change in a spur of the moment. You will be able to have customer service experience on managing people.
Pros
You can be very helpful and make someones day.
Cons
You will get people with bad attitudes you will need to be able to manage.
Great Company and Great People
Service Center Professional And Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2017
If you're looking for a company that truly values their employees, this is the place for you! Absolutely great place to work! They offer great benefits, health care and paid time off!
Worked by myself
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 23, 2017
I would clean the office building. I learned to keep a clean environment for the staff. My manager was very understanding when it came to me taking time off from work. The environment was calm. There really wasn't anything hard about the job, you just had to be mindful of making sure the alarm was set as you existed the building. I enjoyed being in the building by myself and working along.
Pros
Worked by myself
Cons
You had to work
Decent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 17, 2017
Decent place to work. Make sure to read the application in its entirety. Co-workers aren't the best at my location. Not satisfying for me. Need to do something different.
It is a Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 7, 2017
This credit union is one of the better companies I have ever worked at. There was not as much pressure geared toward sales even though it was a driving force behind the company.
Credit Union
PART-TIME TELLER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 1, 2017
The credit union showed me a different side of the financial institution in comparison to my previous employer Arvest Bank (some years back). AFCU is truly a small town corporation with a BIG MISSION. This company does live up to their mission and vision and expects for its employees to do the same. Working at AFCU was very pleasant and the member's aka consumers tend to become like family members to you.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
For me: I was only part-time
Too big to operate small-minded
Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 6, 2016
Organization as a whole has poor communication top-down and across departments. Thinking is reactive rather than proactive. Benefits started out great but have been lacking recently especially in health insurance. Promotions are political.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
poor communication
Easy job
Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 30, 2015
The physical job is easy. The managment needs more training. The company is involed with the community and supports the cummunity involement.
Decent company, poor managment
n/a (Current Employee) –  little rock, arApril 20, 2015
AFCU is a decent place to work, however the managment CAN be poor at most times. the pay is fairly decent for what is expected. The biggest problem with the company is that it tends to be full of people who love gossip more than working, rumors spread like wildfires, and favoritism is apparent, it becomes a very unprofessional enviornment. With that said, if you can tune out the negativity, rumors and gossip, it can be an OK place to work, if youre looking for a typical 9-5.
Pros
relaxed enviornment, easy dress code, decent pay
Cons
gossip, rumors, managment, unprofessionalism
Great place of employment
Indirect Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 20, 2015
Great place to work for. Management is awesome. Enjoy the people I work with. Great opportunities to move up within the company. Members are top priority.
professional work enviroment
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 7, 2015
Being able come to a professional work environment will always make your be professional and this is exactly what this was
Not a bad place to work, management is iffy.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARDecember 15, 2014
A recent change in CEO has led to a different mindset for the organization and that has left more than a few people dissatisfied.

More people are worried about their jobs than ever before.

The hardest part of the job is realizing that you don't matter to anyone in management. This wasn't always true.

Co-workers are the best part about the place.
We're all trying to navigate the murky waters together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
So much stress and worry about the direction that things are moving that once you walk out the door and leave it at the branch you instantly feel better. Again it wasn't always like this.

The wrong changes are being made, and the right ones are being ignored or the people that bring them up are vilified. Then you'll get an email from HR that says "so and so person is no longer with AFCU" as if they've mysteriously vanished.
Great company to work for
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 17, 2013
Arkansas Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees with competitive compensation and great insurance benefits.
Management was great and never once acted like the lower positions didn't mean anything to them or the company, they knew that it took all of the employees to make the company successful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Could use better pay
Good place to work for.
Assistant Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 29, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of taking care of the members needs, and help improve their financial life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Micro Manage
Excellent Finiancial Experience
Service Center Professional (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2013
Overall I love the credit union! I was offered a job at Arvest at the same time I was offered a job at AFCU, when it came down to choosing the correct please I was more excited to work at AFCU. Just about everything we do is done in dual control to ensure that the member's best interest is at heart. In the morning with run our Night Depositories, ATM Depositories, keeping Debit and ATM card data, and setting up for the day. I've learn many ins and outs of managing account information. I getting along with all my team mates included my leadership team. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the many attitudes of outraged members who have account issues. The most enjoyable part is meeting a variety of people.
Pros
Knowing everything I need to know to manage my personal account
Cons
One lunch and no breaks in between