Arkansas Foodbank

Arkansas Foodbank Employee Reviews

United States10 reviews
Not a good experience for me at all the pay sucks the hr lunch break is the most exciting part of the company I didn't like the overall lack of organizational experience the department heads showed
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Non profit organizations
I was hired as a cold warehouse lead with a team I had no control over. Their only job was to pull orders while I unloaded trucks, broke down pallets to fit the rack if there was space, then tag the product and put up and wait for the next truck. Then you're separating milk loads, and then have to put up retail products sent back to the job you be put up all on your own while your so call team watches and laughs as you bust your butt trying to keep up all for 15.00 dollars a hour. Don't look for front office or mgr help you're on your own. Only help I had was from the dry warehouse lead once he got a free moment. Worse job I've had in years by far.
Pros
Cons
Too many you list
It's the largest food bank in the State servicing 33 counties. My job is to expedite orders in a team environment. Sometimes we work evenings and Saturdays as situations require it.
Pros
Very professional atmosphere.
Cons
It's a nonprofit organization with a tight budget.
It was a horrible place to work and I mean horrible!!!! Terrible, uneducated management, no room for career advancement. Terrible pay, no perks involved
Pros
No pros other than when its time to go home
Cons
The whole job was a con
Great Place, Great Mission!!
The benefits are amazing here, PTO and sick time; I have never had so much time off given at any other place worked.

Their mission is clearly something that no one can argue with either- who doesn't want to be a part of feeding hungry Arkansans?!

Wonderful place!!
As community relations and special events director food pantries were set up to feed the hungry, special fundraising was done throughout the year to continue hunger programs.
Pros
meeting officials statewide as well as CEOs and Managers
Cons
extensive travel but I wouldnt call that a negative, just necessary.
I would work 4 hours in the morning and four hours in the afternoon. It was an amazing experience from an amazing organization. I learned about nearly every role and assisted every department.
Pros
Really nice workmates
This organization is a lot of talk. The working culture is horrible. Not a good place to work if you want to excel within an organization. This organization has a click mentality.
Pros
Cons
Management need an overhaul
This was a great learning experience for me. most are right from college and very excited to be working for the company. I enjoyed seeing how a large company runs and understanding the chain of command.
Everyone there is truly like family. You get a lot of opportunities to go out in the community and interact to the locals and help in the community as well,
Pros
Breaks and meals
Cons
Pay