Arkansas State University Employee Reviews

Good start to adjunct learning
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newport, AROctober 7, 2019
I thought Arkansas State University- Newport was a good place to start on my adjunct journey. They gave me an opportunity and I am glad I took it because I enjoy teaching.
It's an institution that cares about students!
Full-Time Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 26, 2019
This institution has an open door policy that helps students to succeed. If not, many students would not have the opportunity to achieve the success they desired.
Driver / Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 23, 2019
A typical day started at 7 am reviewing schedule with supervisor coordinate routes for daily pick-ups. Stay in communication with the office via radio for updates.
Coordinate pickups in a timely manner.
Office Receptionist started the day at 8 am and checking the Outlook schedule for appointments and adding appointments throughout the day. Phone calls are answered, transcriptions are done on student notes.
Questions are answered and if needed forwarded to the proper person.
Loved the school
Student Activities Board (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 3, 2019
I was a student for 5 in a half years here and I enjoyed all of my interactions with my advisors, teachers, and staff. I loved football season and homecoming was the highlight of the school! Wolves Up!
Remote Writing Tutor Employee
Remote Tutor (Former Employee) –  The location of this university is in ArkansasAugust 19, 2019
Not a trustworthy place. I gave up a job that I really needed for the promise of having at least 28 hours a week worth of work, with half being tutoring and the other half teaching, only to find out weeks later that the people who were doing the hiring didn't have it together and the hours were reduced to 14 hours at 10 dollars per hour, plus they wanted you to pay for the ZoomPro format that they use for their school. What???Seriously??? The people who head this department have no focus and have not idea what they are doing. I was hired,...but they lied about the hours and the pay, etc. etc. etc.

I was thinking that this university was credible. I no longer believe this. Something is not right here.
Pros
Cons
lied to.
My instructors were very great. I would recommend going through this program
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARAugust 8, 2019
I learned so much, throughout the 12 months I was in this program. The instructors are very professional, encouraging and supportive. I would recommend this program to anyone who has thought about going through it.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 18, 2019
The transition for me as an experienced practitioner was difficult. Everyone wants improvement but it seemed to me that no one wanted to do the necessary work. The tenure process is very elitist. I was treated as an underling. While this may be the norm for educational institutions, someone with many years of industry experience may find this unacceptable -- I did.

In sum, if the faculty and administration were to exist in private industry, they would not make it!
Assisting students around the clock
Resident/Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJuly 15, 2019
Being a resident assistant on a college campus dormitory was a definitely an experience for myself. Being a resident myself and enrolled in 18 hours with a full time job was very time consuming. I learned how to work efficiently with others, prioritize my time, and enjoy myself altogether. I loved working with A-state Beebe RA team.
Work hard and you they will continue to work you harder
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 23, 2019
I out my all in to it. Everytime u make a mistake my department likes to throw glitter on it and out it in the spot light no matter how small it is. All I can say is good luck
Fun workplace with friendly staffs
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 18, 2019
I work as a graduate assistant there. My typical day at work is helping my supervisor on her project of creating memorandum of transfer agreement. Since there are around 50 universities in area we need to reach out, I have to make plan myself of how many universities should be researched a day. Moreover, I also assist my supervisor with other projects if he need help.
Part Time
PARAPROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 12, 2019
Can't review much because I was only a part time employee but everything takes a very long time to complete with the administration. Final payroll takes a long time to distribute.
Excellent incentives
Professor (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 7, 2019
The job description was vague, but I had latitude when I was in the position as director of Learning Center. We worked totally as a team, not as individual instructors. Perhaps that was because of our chancellor.
Pros
Used student helpers
Cons
Often did not get lunch
Arkansas State University is a great place to work.
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed my years working at ASU. I made some very good friends. Enjoyed getting to know the students and seeing them go out into the workplace. Good benefits.
Pros
It was good to have sick days if needed.
Cons
Just the commute.
Behind the scenes Athletics
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 29, 2019
Working with marketing allowed me to get connected to a lot of people in athletics with different departments and different universities. I learned a lot, but you can only learn so much in the position.
Cons
Long days
Fun workplace
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 21, 2019
Getting to spend quality time with the players and coaches, getting to use the weight room to my personal needs. Getting to receive free gear. Getting to work the practices.
Pros
Gear
Easy and beneficial starting job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 20, 2019
This was a very good job to get myself out there doing something while I was in school. It gave me the opportunity to gain necessary skills for jobs outside of the residence life position.
Fun Environment that understands the needs of a student.
Student Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 16, 2019
The job I did was offered only to students as a way of making money and getting some experience. The officers I worked for and reported directly to were very kind and protective of us and our position. If other officers in the department treated us unfairly, our bosses would handle the situation. Very respectful, great environment.
People
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 13, 2019
My co-workers turned into family. If it was not for them I am not sure how long I would have stayed there. If you like the people you work with it is a good place.
productive and great experience
Post Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 4, 2019
I worked at the thermal lab for around 3 years. The lab is not big compared to other big universities, however, I had a great time working on design and modeling in my computer at the lab. The best part is the lab is open 24 hrs and you can always come back at night if you have unfinished work.
Graduate Assistant ESPN+
Media Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 1, 2019
This position gave me much needed experience in the television production field. Each event was a live broadcast. There is the opportunity to work with professionals and develop your knowledge of camera functions, lighting, set-up, and more.
Pros
the excitement of not knowing what may happen next
Cons
having to leave