Arkansas Support Network Employee Reviews

ASN Experience
Community Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 6, 2018
ASN was great because you could almost make your own schedule depending upon what was available and what kind of client you wanted to work with. But they were highly disorganized and it didn't feel as though they truly valued their employees. You would work full time hours and still be considered part time if you had one short week and were cheated out of getting vacation time. I worked there for two years and never got a vacation day. I had to just have someone else fill in and miss out on pay. It felt as though the consumer was the most important and it didn't matter if you were negatively impacted by their actions.
Flexible Hours and Rewarding
Ar - Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 5, 2018
The job is great. Flexible hours and they work with you very well. Provide you with alot of valuable training. They only downside would be the low pay for the work that is entailed.
Poor Communication and Management
Direct Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 2, 2018
I went into the job thinking it was all about helping people, but there is a lot of abuse of the system. It was a lot of sitting in dark rooms for 48 hours straight with no management checking up on us. They never had a correct paycheck, and caregivers here only make 8.50 an hour. My co-workers would be late every night (they were supposed to get there at 12:00am and release me, but I would get a constant text "I'm at waffle house eating, just leave her (the client with disabilities) alone. I'll be there soon." Then I see on the website that they clocked in for a time that they weren't there (I was) The most enjoyable experience was caring for my clients, although I wish it could have been with a better company with a consistent payment.
Not a hood place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 7, 2018
ASN is not a good company to work for unless you are ready to work with Special needs. If not then you will not last. I had my car broken I had to call the cops, etc working there.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Pay, not willing to replace broken items
Asn
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 18, 2018
Arkansas support network gave me the oportunity to build my case management skills as well as case notes. I was able to meet new people and learned to communicate with various types of personalities as well as disabilities. I would refer anybody just getting started or who wants a different career path and loves to work with people to apply with ASN.
Pros
gas for transportation is given as well as flexable work schedules.
Cons
just a personal issue with becoming attatched to my clients.
You need to have passion for the people with disabilities
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 9, 2018
I do believe this type of work is underpay if you are are kind, comprehensive, and responsible person when it comes to interact with people with disabilities. You are their hands, guide, even legs as you drive then where is needed. Unfortunate, many who apply are just there for the pay and careless about their clients. Remember just because many of them can not express themselves like a "normal" person does not mean you have the right to be lazy and do more for them.
environment does not encourage personal growth
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 2, 2018
Too many managers with differing agendas. No set job descriptions. Too many unlicensed and non certified people in positions of authority with little respect for ethical codes or taking responsibility for orders given.
Na
Division Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 7, 2018
Very busy, the phone never stops. There is continuous paper work and demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is communication with clients and guardians. They are very appreciative of the work you do for them.
The hardest part of the job is staffing employees.I do like the travel and visiting consumer's home. The mileage pay is decent.
I have learned from others working at Arkansas Support Network the importance of communication. A company cannot survive without it.
Pros
avelTr
Cons
Phone never stops
Arkansas support network
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72762February 4, 2018
working at Arkansas support network wasnt so bad besides the fact the management was poor i thought. but other than that was good place to work as far as being around the consumers
Amazing job and staff
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 23, 2018
They care about you and your family, the are very flexible and are willing to work around your schedule. They also love to see dedication and passion.
Great for helping people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 15, 2018
The joy I got from this job was being able to help other people! I looked forward to each new day in having the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
helping people
Cons
limited support if mistakes made
making sure consumer are well take care of
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL 2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 15, 2018
my typical day at work pick up consumer then redirecting them with every day of living and goals. the most of enjoyable about my job is the smiles on my consumer face when I leave for the day.
if your not good in with management good luck getting overtime.
Pros
pay is good/overtime/working only you and conmsuer
Cons
no communtintion with upper mangemnet/
Rewarding, but Stressful at times
Consumer Supports Provider (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 1, 2018
The job was rewarding, because you're working with unique, special individuals, but also stressful at times due to that. Communication with management was minimal as they were hard to get a hold of. Not much training involved, if any, outside of the classes on First Aid, etc.

The free classes were a plus because you could be certified in a couple of things this way. However, they were long and they made you take them all at once, so it was easy to forget. They did pay for the training, which was awesome.

The CEO was an awesome man with great integrity and care. They were understanding of personal circumstances.
Open schedule with customized availability
Care service provider (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 21, 2017
This was a good job that you have to have a good heart and strong mind for. If you enjoy helping people in need with everyday life this is the place for you
Pros
Flexible and fun
Cons
Some of the management
Little opportunity with loads of needs
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 1, 2017
My job at Arkansas Support Network was personally rewarding. It hardly paid anything for the work that was required. The best part was making a positive difference in the students' lives.
Pros
Cons
no job security
I loved this job and the clients I cared for.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 10, 2017
This was an amazing experience for me. If you are not one who enjoys taking care of others this is probably not the job for you. I found it very rewarding helping and being of service to my clients.
Enjoyed working with people with disabilities
Csp2 (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Enjoyed working with people with disabilities and getting them out in the community and society you get training you don't have to have a CNA license but don't like it when they don't find you another consumer to work with when your done with another lack of communication skills
Pros
Get to enjoy working with people
Cons
No breaks
Arkansas support network
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 15, 2017
Arkansas support network okay to work very stressful at times clients can become very hard to deal with but it's challenging I went to Lifestyles for a change in Pace
stressful
Personal caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 3, 2017
it seems like an easy relaxed job but you're working with people with mental and physical issues and it can be difficult. Some of the clients are rude and like to run away. You've really gotta find a good fit to enjoy the job.
Pros
can get many things done during the day w/ client
There are many appointments to attend which includes doctors appointments and counseling that keeps us going each day.
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72764August 28, 2017
A great place to work with good people. I have learned to have more patience dealing with people everyday. I keep busy so that the day goes by fast. I kept my client active in the Community and helped to provide with resources to meet thir needs. I also assist with basic life skills to help them to become successful.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
new more staff