Arkansas Tech University Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Peer Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with at Arkansas Tech. Everyone was very supportive and encouraging. I liked how my boss always complimented my work ethic; she knew she could trust me with a project.
ATU is a good university
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 12, 2018
Arkansas Tech University is a great place to work. You will find a lot of knowledgeable faculty and staff. The students are enjoyable to be around and I enjoy teaching each of them.
Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 3, 2018
As a graduate student, working with other GAs was great and fun. There were projects done and it was a wonderful experience working and been a part of the team.
Exceptional educators
Undergrad Student (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 1, 2018
I love being part of the ATU community. My job as a student has helped me grow in many areas. The staff is amazing and every educator is dedicated to your learning.
Work study experience good
ArkaTech Staff Writer (Current Employee) –  Energy CenterMarch 31, 2018
Currently working as a student worker as a staff writer for the campus newspaper. It is pretty relaxed, but I know some other positions as a student worker are not. It really just depends where you work on campus!
Helps you to learn something new and collaborative
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 23, 2018
The project that I am working in is something that I'm interested in. It has a good working environment and most of the people around me are quite supportive.
Undergrad During this time
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 19, 2018
I was an undergrad when i did this tutoring. I sat during the programming class and helped under classmen if they needed it. I also helped other outside of class.
A great place to work, grow and especially learn
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 19, 2018
I gained a lot of experience at this job. I was able to experiment with teaching techniques and then the next day I was able to be given feedback by my boss. The material and prep work for lab was demanding but was very rewarding. I was able to use the college's resources as a way to make science relatable to students. My boss was encouraging even after i may have messed up grading. Definitely would recommend becoming a teacher assistant with the biology department at Arkansas Tech.
Pros
Alot of teaching materiales, great critsism of faults, very positive environment
Cons
Only had time to help with two different biology courses
Very great first job
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 15, 2018
Arkansas Tech was my first professional career and a great place to work with wonderful people and I got a ton of experience to take with me to my current job.
Pros
Flexibility, great team
Cons
Not a lot of advancement in my particular job
Great Campus
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 8, 2018
Safe place to work. The overall environment is good. It is a great place to consider if you are planning on going off to college or just starting a new job.

Want to know more about Arkansas Tech University?

Ask a question
Limited Time
Computer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 7, 2018
Has the reputation with finding a way to get you to leave after the 5 year fully vested time period. Management is not supportive of staff and it is a very everyone for themselves atmosphere
Pros
time off
Cons
atmosphere
Productive Advancement
CLL Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 2, 2018
Depends on what area you are focused on to what environment you may occur. If the situation is laid back then become laid back if it is cutthroat try to become more aggressive. Be confident and you will do just fine.
Relaxed work environment
Campus Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Though the job could be hectic at the beginning of semesters, there was still a very relaxed work environment. I got along great with all of my co-workers as well.
Pros
Great schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay was a bit lacking
College Job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801February 9, 2018
Worked through the math department as a tutor. It was a good job to earn some spending money. Slow days were the best then I could do my own homework. Helping others with their homework was rewarding.
It was okay
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 19, 2018
Being under ResLife wasn't my favorite. I really just have a different personality then those of my advisors and that threw the entire experience off for me.
Great job for a student
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was my managers and co-workers, they were always willing to teach a new skill to others when necessary. My typical day at work was grading papers and double checking on the honesty of students. The workplace culture was relaxed but serious, and very welcoming. Management worked with my school schedule and scheduled me so I could complete my homework.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Low hours, competitive to get in
Fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Plenty of opportunity to expand your role and everyone there is very helpful Must like being around a diverse culture and also students.
Was a very stressful environment.
Fiscal Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 12, 2017
Was sexually harassed by the director of my facility and then retaliated against by other managers and employees, only one manager was reprimanded and it was one that should not have been in my opinion. The harassment and retaliation wasn't taken care of by the university. They placed me in another department only I found out that I still had to deal with the same people who retaliated against me on a daily basis. Then I had physical problem on top of the mental problems caused from this abuse and once FMLA was up they terminated me.
Arkansas Tech University
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pope County, ARDecember 10, 2017
I loved working at my school because they offered me flexible offers that did not interfere with my class schedule. I loved interacting with people I knew and engaging with people about fitness as I worked as a gym receptionist.
For student to work there was hard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, AROctober 28, 2017
The education is great, but the job opportunity is real bad. I applied like 20 times and every time the send me the answers for each job like 5 or 6 time. They have some prejudice in Arkansas Tech