Arkema Employee Reviews

Everyone hated the place and told me I was nuts to be there.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Birdsboro, PAApril 2, 2018
After 6 weeks or so, I agreed with the old-timers and quit. I'll add that I had come out of retirement for this job, and I was really looking forward to working there. The work atmosphere outside the office area was awful.
Great colleagues
Internship (Former Employee) –  Gemeente VlissingenMarch 13, 2018
The best part of the job were the colleagues. They helped me with my questions I had during my graduate internship. My supervisor was great but also very critical which helped me think things through. With his help I provided with a great plan to reduce a significant amount of waste streams. It never was a bore to go to work there was always something to do and something to find out.
The only downside of the location I was at was that it was very old.
Fast paced, competitive environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2017
Arkema is a large player in the paint and coatings polymers and additives market. They are aggressive in their approach and more often than not successful in their objectives. They have sound management in place and treat their employees fairly.
Bitter sweet
Logistic Technician (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 16, 2017
I would not recomind work here at first it was a great place to work but then it started showing its true colors to many yes men and not enough management
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favortism
Great workplace
Senior boiler engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 1, 2017
Great place to work. My supervisor is nice and always has a positive attitude I can truly say my supervisor is one of the best I've work with In the time I been at the company.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Great job
pruductive and fun but only one unit running and plant needs a lot of upgrade
Operator (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXMay 17, 2017
making product daily for various customers around surrounding area and across the world. luperox was the product that we made in a batch unit and a continous unit,
Process Engineer
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blooming Prairie, MNMay 9, 2017
Small town, where new people are viewed with suspicion and being an outsider lead to a work environment that trying to impact change was challenged as "this is how we have always done this" which I do not like as an excuse to not try something new.
Challenging workplace
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 20, 2017
Worked there for many yrs before being let go. Good company overall, lots of changes. Many opportunities for training to improve personal skills. Great Safe site to work.
Pros
Great employees, safe place to work
Cons
Management changes, direction
Expérience exceptionnelle
Ingénieur procédés (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
J'ai eu de la chance d'effectuer mon stage de fin d'études chez Arkema aux Etats Unis dans un site de production. Ca fut une expérience exceptionnelle.
Good Company
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Hahnville, LASeptember 7, 2016
Good company, pay is competitive. Benefits are ok. A Typical day varies. one day might be really busy, the next day not so much, depending on production.
Pasadena, TX location
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 27, 2016
Your position determines how you are treated. Management at this location is much to be desired. Job security depends on the position that one holds. Work is 40 hours per week. Job Culture is great.
Challenging and rewarding
Senior Staff Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 16, 2016
Typical workday consisted .of performing various plastics testing, collecting the test data, and then reporting results to the requestor. I also was responsible for minor repair and maintenance of test instruments.

Time spent with the company gave me an invaluable hands-on knowledge of acrylic plastics.

Management was well-organized, and appeared to be genuinely caring for their employees.

Had an excellent relationship with all of my co-workers.

Hardest part of my job was when a piece of equipment went down (had to coordinate the repair), creating backlogs in work requests.

Best part of the job was when a customer or co-worker commended me on a job well done.
Pros
Flexible reporting time, trusted to work independently.
Cons
Benefits could have been better.
Excellent Place to work
Process Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent Job great benefits cool management very safety oriented plenty overtime very good guys. A lot of team work great quiet place quality company
Research internship
Internship in ARKEMA (Former Employee) –  Lyon, MSDecember 18, 2015
I worked in CTI & Orelis environnement, which focuses on filtration technologies like ceramic or organic membranes. The team in CTI & Orelis environnement represents more than 80 workers. My principal task was to develop and improve a filtration pilot, and to select a membrane dedicated to the filtration of a specific effluent. Most part of the project was done on the field by adjusting the working parameters of the pilot and ensuring its effective operation.
Great company to gain experience from
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 28, 2015
I gained a lot of experience when working with Arkema. It was a great work environment. Everyone was very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new things and help me understand the purpose of each job.
Great Company to work for
Journeyman Laborer (Current Employee) –  Calvert City, KYJune 29, 2015
I live only 15 min from work, it's nice not to have to drive very far to work,
It is a great company, I enjoy working here.
I like my co workers a lot,
the hardest part of the job is the heat!
Supply Chain Cost Specialist
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 25, 2014
Review and maintain SAP price & contract exception messages and take required action to resolve invoice price, quantity, timing variances, and service issues for the business warehouse, terminal, and Toller facilities.
Manage SAP master data (timeliness & accuracy), facility data, and forecast data to ensure cost effective and reliable business support services. Tasks must incorporate and resolve new growth volumes, new product scale ups, product capability vs. capacity match, and seasonal services requirements.Create Inventory Schedule Agreements and Deliver Schedule PO’s for manufacturing
Measure and analyze time, quantity, and accuracy cost data for each terminal, warehouse, and Toller facility service
Resolve issues causing non-optimal performance, potential business interruptions, or negative customer impact.
Measure and communicate the plan vs. actual performance for each terminal, warehouse, and Toller while analyzing, understanding, resolving the significant variances. The variances should be addressed timely to reduce Total Cost to Serve and to achieve the Tactical Operations PlanNegotiate pricing with suppliers.
Maintain the Supply Chain Asset Cost master data files and folder structures.Work on SAP System
Purchasing Department primary SAP Purchasing Super User
Provide reports summarizing cost performance for Terminals, Warehouses, Tollers, including trend performance vs previous quarter and Year over Year. Reports must identify key cost drivers vs planned cost activity and overall business goals
Actively participate in support and lead improvement projects
  more... for the business terminal, warehouse, and Toller costs and services for the optimization of customer and product sourcing as well as business structural cost reduction.
Pros
Compensation, Travel
Cons
No Documented Processes
Dysfunctional Business Units
Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 7, 2014
All of the business units work separately and do very little cross functional work between businesses. Every business unit has positions prioritized differently. Some are supply chain focused and others are sales focused.

The company is French owned so all reorganization happens in the America's and not abroad. The most profitable businesses had to cut back so that there we not layoffs in the French divisions.
Works well
Sr. Admin (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 19, 2014
They have a good work life balance and safety is their number one priority
Export Account Specialist
Export Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2013
- Managed export accounts in Pacific Rim, Europe, Central and South America; coordinating customer orders, manufacturing sites, and freight forwarders (air/ocean); ensuring timely shipment of all exports in compliance with US Export Administration and Federal Trade Regulations and Foreign Country Requirements, including HAZMAT
- Prevented cancellation of a $3.7M contract with major European customer by identifying improvement opportunities
- Partnered with 3rd party vendors for safe delivery of 17 forty foot ocean containers for initial Arkema Chemicals joint venture with the Chinese government
-Developed innovative methods of re-routing materials from the Mobile, AL plant during the aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma
-Performed analysis of sales order data in support of forecasting process; monitored unplanned demand activity and provided updates for Sales & Operations planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkema. Our community is ready to answer.