Arkema Employee Reviews

Financially driven and hierarchal culture.
General Manager, Americas (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 5, 2018
A very hierarchical culture. big on analysis and slow in decision making. Most things have to be approved by senior executives in France. Too internally focused.
Pros
Stable company.
Cons
Internally focused and slow decision making.
Small Company
HES Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 2, 2018
Not much room for movement in administration. Management was a bit shakey and uncoordinated. only concerned with plant process and not so much admin processes.
A company that could be great but lacks storng Upper Management to drive the Company.
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
Arkema has the potential to be great. Some of the people care about their job but for most it is just a job. The Upper Management team are low quality Engineers that do not have a strong understanding of Engineering concepts and their Personnel Management Skills are even worse. It is the only company I have worked for that finds ways to strive to remove incentives from working for the company so they offset their terrible financial management skills. New hires are not compensated for experience level. They only hire the cheapest employees/contractors they can find and accept poor quality craftsmanship to save a buck. My direct coworkers are great to work with but they were not hired for their skills. I feel after working for this company I have gone back in time with many fewer vacation days, less employee growth or training, undefined structure and terrible safe work practices.
Pros
You are not unemployed
Cons
Management, Executives, Benefits, Pay, Individual Growth, Quality, Vacation
Poor Management and disorganized at Arkema
Accounts Payable Freight Lead Anaylyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 13, 2018
The company does provide good benefits, but it does not succeed at changing archaic processes. The leadership from the top VP's in Accounting to departmental managers all need better coaching how to be better managers and have respect for their direct reports skills and ideas for process improvement. I tried to help them see a brighter vision for the AP and Freight payment processes, but was greeted by a brick wall. I voluntarily left to use my expert skills elsewhere and to be a happy employee.
Pros
Good salaries, nice benefits.
Cons
no room for changes in process improvement, too many buildings, poor work environment.
Good work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2018
Good career opportunities and development. Small enough not to be too impersonal and big enough for career advancement opportunities. Diversity of personnel and chemical businesses to grow.
Good plant employees
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chatham, VAAugust 7, 2018
New management has made it difficult on everyone. Young inexperienced management that will not listen to seasoned twenty year employees. Good pay compensation for the area.
So far, so good
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 1, 2018
I've been here for a while and it's been going pretty well. It is a relaxed, laid back environment. Everyone does what they need to do to get their job done. As for as I can see, there are no slackers or lazy attitudes.
Pros
Great work life balance, laid back culture, positive and helpful people
Cons
The pay is lower than I expected for a chemical company
Great Company to work for
Sr Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2018
I was able to move up in advancement and had people work under me and got to work on awesome projects (ie. in charge of setting up the Advestor Relations office for Total (Parent Company) in New York.
The grass is not always greener.
Sales & Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Arkema and would love to return in the future. After working elsewhere, it is important to know the grass may not always be greener.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
You need to stay patient
Amazing workplace
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, PAJune 12, 2018
Outstanding work environment.
Great people, very professional and kind.
Fascinating research projects.
Excellent facilities.
Huge opportunities for interns.
I'm forever thankful for having been part of this company.
Slow in the winters and fast in the summer
Operator (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJune 2, 2018
The management and HR have no clue whats ever going on with the workers, training program is horrible, and the work ethic is poor. We are very often short handed with plant workers because they can't ever keeps their workers.
Pros
Its good for learning the basics of how a chemical plant works.
Cons
Work is very stressful, are over worked, and your on call on some of your days off if someone calls off.
Environmental Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 15, 2018
I loved working there and I would work there again. They care about their employees a lot. The company focuses on safety and doesn't overwork their employees. I think the pay stacks up well to other companies as well.
Management / Hours
Inovated Chemistry Operator (Current Employee) –  Birdsboro, PAMay 5, 2018
Management is VERY POOR !!! Swing shift... 56hrs a week straight time. The equipment is always breaking down and not getting fixed properly. Arkema needs more people. Not enough help.
Great People
Senior Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 30, 2018
Arkema has great people who work for the company. It is a very face paced environment with a large volume of work. Through my employment, I learned the French language (now intermediate level), and worked with every aspect of the business unit thus increasing my business knowledge and skill levels.
Pros
Compensation, lunch provided opportunities, availability to take classes to improve skills and education
Cons
Volume of work
Everyone hated the place and told me I was nuts to be there.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Birdsboro, PAApril 2, 2018
After 6 weeks or so, I agreed with the old-timers and quit. I'll add that I had come out of retirement for this job, and I was really looking forward to working there. The work atmosphere outside the office area was awful.
Good company overall but management could improve
Planner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2018
The company has great benefits and a good culture. Unfortunately management does not always steer the ship in the right direction. Management needs to listen to employees more effectively.
Great colleagues
Internship (Former Employee) –  Gemeente VlissingenMarch 13, 2018
The best part of the job were the colleagues. They helped me with my questions I had during my graduate internship. My supervisor was great but also very critical which helped me think things through. With his help I provided with a great plan to reduce a significant amount of waste streams. It never was a bore to go to work there was always something to do and something to find out.
The only downside of the location I was at was that it was very old.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Contract logistics position, customer friendly environment, teamwork and customer satisfaction is utmost responsibility.
Contract position
Contract position
Acting Supply Chain Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Busy Chemical company - Logistics
Safety Culture
Different management styles across divisions
Challenging job duties
Great workers

employees run the gambit of tenured and quick changeover
Pros
Multiple divisions - Good people
Cons
Advancement opportunity
Small Place to be
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 26, 2017
Small office only one in the KC. Its operations are based in france and the only people that they hire have chemical degrees. if you are after the job make sure you are ready to look through a bunch of spread sheets and countless recipes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arkema. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about