Arlington Care Center Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
STNA (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 7, 2019
It was a little understaffed I wish more poeple would have stuck around. Residents can be kind of rude sometimes but they teach you patients and the nurses are friendly and helpful most of the time. I would have never left if i didn't relocate.
Stressful and strenuous
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 2, 2018
The STNA work is very stressful and chaotic. The hardest part: dealing with behaviors, seeing your favorite residents pass away, the heat and the pay.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Productive and friendly workplace
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 13, 2018
Everyone including the residents and workers were all so polite and friendly. Coworkers worked very hard to take care of our residents needs and wants.
Pros
Snack Bar, Smoke Breaks, Lunch break
Cons
Poor coworkers
Understaffed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 10, 2018
This is a great place to work if you have no life outside of work. The nurse to patient ratio varies from 1/25 to 1/42. The aide to patient ratio is not much better at 2/25 to 3/42. And frequently, due to being consistently understaffed, that ratio becomes 1/25 to 2/42. This means that in addition to the daily medication administration, wound care and endless charting/documentation, nurses are often pulled to the floor to assist the aides. A 12 hour shift can easily last 14 or 15 hours. Administration refuses to bring in a staffing agency and insists on running with minimum staff, going so far as to send aides home when they have multiple units that could use them. It has become sadly obvious that the main focus in this facility is no longer patient care. The staff itself consists of those that are "lifers" that, despite everything that they see going wrong, are devoted to their patients and coworkers and those that last a few days or weeks before they randomly stop showing up for their shifts. This facility would be a great place to work if the staffing allowed for more than subpar patient care.
Pros
The patients and most of the employees are great
Cons
Way understaffed with no apparent plans to change
Would Run Fast From This Job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 14, 2018
Upper management and Corporate just heap more on to an already overworked understaffed facility. Level of care of residents is inadequate due to high patient to nurse and STNA ratio. Some units have 42 residents to 1 nurse , days 3 STNAs to 42 residents and nights each aide can have 21 residents each. Corporate and upper management do not care about the aquity of needs of residents , they just fill each unit with people, a lot who require a great amount of skilled care. It is a very unorganized sad place to work. Unfortunately if you are not in the small group of well liked staff your just basically killing yourself for a place that will not change. If you want to kill any desire to be a nurse work here. If you care about your mental health RUN! FAST!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Residents are priority which is great. Job is stressful at times, usually rewarding
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee) –  administration departmentMarch 28, 2018
Arrive, run assessments due reports, print reports list, look at resident's information, meet with resident and do assessments. Meet with residents and their families in regards to concerns or discharge planning. Attend various meetings, lots of documentation and paperwork that has time limitations. Answer a lot of phone calls. Interviene and advocate for residents. Service linkages.
Pros
Working with the residents and the community
Cons
The day never has enough hours. We work over our salaried time often.
No staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newark. OhMarch 11, 2018
Computers dont work. Nurses forced to cover over 35 or more residents. Including skilled residents. Iv Picc lines etc. Management refuses to use agency until staff can improve. Supervisors have to work floor.
Management refuses to put 2 nurses to a large unit.forcing one nurse to do it all. Day shift seems better than nights on wkdays since a unit manager is generally on each unit. Orientation is very poor. Lucky to get 2 days.For nurses. Has 4 units might get a couple days on a unit and not the others then placed on unit nurse does not know. very scarrey...Think well before applying.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
just about everything needs to be improved. Not enough nurses.
Great place
STNA (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 1, 2017
Very great community of people to work with and for. Always busy and very rewarding at Arlington and staff is great. Very productive and would go back to work for Arlington and would refer anyone to work there
Safe and productive environment with nice residents and staff.
State Tested Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 23, 2013
A typical day at work would be pretty normal. Not too many people get crazy and nothing gets out of the ordinary too often. Some days are better than others, but the staff and residents are very caring people that are interested in the best. It's a hard job, with little staff, but everyone is very kind and compassionate.
Pros
good amount of breaks, nice employees, nice residents, nice facility, good management.
Cons
long 12 hour shifts, some staff are required to stay more than others without options.
great place to work for and great co workers
STNA (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 21, 2013
a typical day at work is residents first as usual getting them up and ready for meals by dressing them and doing their A.M. care
I learn something new everyday with the residents cause everyday is always different with them
management is always on point
my co-workers are always fun to work with we all work as a team and are always there when needing help.
hardest part of my job is working the long shifts but my body is starting to get use to it now.
most enjoyable part is being there for the residents to rely on
Pros
good people
Cons
working 12 hour days maybe a longer lunch would be good
very productive and clean environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 3, 2012
I enjoyed my time working at Arlington. That is one place I can say really cared about there patients and not just a pay check. That is where I learned everything I know today. I started out as an STNA there and thats where I decided to become a nurse someday.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
long hours and hard work