Arlington County
73Above average

Arlington County Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA177 reviews
Great place to work. We worked 9am-5pm. I learned a great deal about mental health and motivational interviewing. The work place culture was pleasant and everyone worked together. I enjoyed working with the clients and providing encouragement to facilitate treatment adherence.
Great culture at Arlington County. The county pays a fair wage, has great retirement benefits(401K and a pension plan) and cares for their employees.
Apply when openings are available and when you are in learn as much as you can. They will train you in many fields from customer services to parks and leisure.
The work environment is very friendly and fun between coworkers. Most get their work done. No place for advancement, only offer part time positions, and the higher ups don't care about their employees. Only some facility managers and assistant managers care about their staff. Some staff are incompetent and other staff get their jobs done accordingly.
Most of the jobs are in the correctional division, so there is little room for growth. Due to the schedule there are opportunities for overtime. Working the night shift gives ample opportunity to complete school work.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Arlington County DHS, however, is a department within the County stucture that truly cares for both it's constituents and it's employees. It works proactively toward process, product and program improvement.
Management couldn't do better with communication. Some people there will do anything to get a head. The cultural there is messed up there. You can get fired for smoking in a vehicle before you get fired for not doing any work.
Overall OK employer. Discrimination is present but keep in mind discrimination is no absent in any department. Supervisors have been given lots of powers over line staff which make them to abuse all authorities.
depends. Depends on department. Many still don't have a telework option alleging that the position cannot telework.

Anyone that does not work in on the street should have a telework option.
Very smart people there. I was in good company. Always something to do. Good work life balance. Only thing to hate was the commute. People are friendly there
My job was assistant administration as multiple task in attending lawyers, summons, fine , file documents into computer and give to Lawer’s to sign etc
Low stress, friendly members. Low pay for area but pay off is it’s easy and you can get off easily. Program manager is super friendly and understanding.
I really enjoyed my time with Arlington. Other than not having the ability to advance in my career due to being a smaller county, overall, I would say I was treated fairly, and people are generally kind to one another.
I was able to flex my hours to meet the needs of my family while also meeting the program needs. My manager was amazing - she was the reason it was so hard to leave. She really set the bar high for my future managers.
Pros
flexability
Cons
lack of advancement
Very nice place to work .
The team members are amazing I learned a lot about visualizing the data and data inventory. The team leader is such a helpful person. Love to have a similar team leader in my next job.
Great place to work, wonderful location, great pay, great location. Close to the beltway and surrounding places. The culture is very diverse and respectable.
Once you become apart of the team it becomes a large unit of people who are always wanting to help you succeed and is there to support and include you on good and bad days.
Great people to work with. Great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is going home for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship development.
I worked as a part-time art instructor.
Art department was very friendly and open to suggestions.

Always made me feel like a valued part of the team.

Answered my questions promptly. Trusted me to do the job without direct supervision.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Transport passengers throughout the Arlington county. Operate 30 to 50 passenger buses while assisting with the disabled and elderly population. The job was very beneficial
Working as an attendant was not an easy job in the slightest. It consisted mostly of moving heavy equipment, setting up areas for large events, concessions, balloon animals, face painting, keeping children from getting hurt, managing fellow employees and sometimes more. I learned discipline in work ethic and patience with people especially children. The hardest part of the job was setting up large areas for massive amounts of people and to be honest the most enjoyable was making balloon animals.
I'm currently just about to start the academy. It's already a grind and very tough on your mental well being. The hours for the academy are 5:45-4pm and it is out by Dulles airport. It is only 4 days a week though.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arlington County. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Arlington County Reviews by Location