Arlington Orthopedic Associates Employee Reviews

Working at AOA
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 26, 2018
Working here is fun, and the people I work with are great. The company provides great training with the best. I have learned a lot within the few months of being here and I can definitely see myself growing in the company.They try their best to provide an organized schedule for the patients, doctors as well as the employees. The atmosphere is always positive. The thing I enjoy most about the job is the culture, the people who work here always try to keep you involved. The best part is that they really provide the best care for the patients and elected the perfect doctors for them.
Pros
Long breaks, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
Its hard to get any extra hours in
I really love working here. All the workers are great and the management is wonderful.
Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2018
Working at AOA has been one of my more happier experiences. I love the closeness with the employees and management. I love working here and do not plan on leaving . I would like to retire here as I love my job so much.
Pros
The understanding management has, free lunches at times
Cons
No vacation time, no PD leave due to weather or other issues that arise
Current employee
Works Compensation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2018
I have been with the company for 12 years they are very flexible if something arises unexpectedly I am happy and love my doctor's and staff I work with. There is opportunity to move up in the company I have had several different positions that have allowed me to grow with the company. Thanks AOA.
Fun place to work
Orthopedic and pain management Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 22, 2018
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, staff was good at times. Patients were sometimes hard to deal with as well as the office management who was horrible.
Pros
Free lunches and off on weekends
Cons
Dealing with angry patients
Good Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 26, 2018
This is a good place to work overall. Pay needs to be 2018 current rates, especially as they are growing. Insurance-high deductible plan and pricey and not affordable per pay period for a family.
Pros
Great Doctors, Good Growth opportunities
Cons
Pay could be more, No updates from a Admin status for all employees. Little Dr. interaction with staff
Collaborative and challenging
Director of Therapy Services (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work and learn. Collaboration on the floor and focus on improving skills so can improve patients and challenged to grow. The pace can get fast, but works on time management skills and the ability to discuss with the doctors and other therapists makes the challenges of pace and insurance more than worth it to grow in a growing organization that want therapists and patients to improve.
Pros
Collaboration, Growth minded, Fun, Varied caseload
Cons
Insurance costs, Pace at times, Patients bringing 'Thank You' goodies makes it hard to eat well
Receptionsit (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 21, 2018
It's a great place to work, it's fast pace but that helps with the time to go by faster. The people are all great and very friendly makes it easy to come to work every day.
Pros
Great people, good environment
Cons
Health insurance and somewhat cramped
Medical Assistant/ Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I have been here for 3 years and I love it. The environment is good and the doctors are great. Schedule is flexible. Fast paced but makes the day go by fast.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare insurance is expensive
Varied case load, collaborative, flexibile schedule, able to see the improvements of the patient
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked with AOA as a physical therapist for almost 10 years. The company has growth significantly since when I started. I enjoy the varied case load that I see on a daily basis. One of our main advantages for a therapist is the availability to collaborate with doctors as well as access to medical records and operative reports. I have a flexible schedule where I work four long days which gives me a day off during the week. I am able to show a patient the improvements they have made along the way in their recovery whether it is a patient that does not need surgery, trying to avoid surgery, or even a post operative patient.
Pros
available collaboration with doctors, access to medical records and operative reports, flexible schedule, wide variety of a case load, benefit of knowing you are helping someone, management
Cons
health care premiums, numerous clinics makes communication a challenge
Productive Fun Enviroment Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the workflow and co workers. I enjoy working here so much, I am glad I choose to return to work with AOA. I was a stay at home and glad I am with this team of wonderful people.
Pros
Time, Half day Fridays, Fast paced, No Drama
Cons
Short Breaks, wait times when provider is booked.
Great place to work at & fast-paced environment!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Excellent Doctors that take very good care of their patients. Fast-paced environment, so your day goes by fast. Some Doctors get a little behind but they are worth the wait!
Pros
Excellent co-workers, friendly staff, Pto, great managers
Cons
High Deductible Insurance, Rude patients (sometimes)
Great, challenging, but rewarding place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The company is growing rapidly, making the throughput a busy yet gratifying day. Their newer facilities look like state-of-the-art complexes straight out of Star Trek! Senior management is very supportive in well-constructed proposals and projects. Colleagues are respectful, professional, and more than willing to collaborate for the betterment of the company. There are a plethora of opportunities to grow professionally if the vigor is there. Newer companies have the growing pains of obtaining a great benefits package, thus the cost of benefits here can get expensive.
Pros
Free lunches, good coffee, supportive management, collaborative environment
Cons
Benefits can get expensive
Fast paced, friendly
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2018
My job is fast-paced and busy, but generally not overwhelming. I've learned a great deal since starting here six years ago. Having been out of the mainstream workforce for many years, my co-workers were very helpful and informative as I adjusted to working outside the home again. I feel the management has been a little disjointed, as we are expanding very quickly, but hopefully this will resolve with time. The doctors are very talented and seem to really care about their patients. Overall I would say working here has been a good experience for me.
Pros
Co-workers are good, a somewhat flexible schedule.
Cons
High healthcare cost, feels a bit disorganized at times
Overall a good place to work - Great co-workers
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2018
My time at Arlington Orthopedics has been good. The people I work with, for the most part, are good, caring people. The office staff are friendly and the surgeons are talented and care about their patients. I've got plenty of work each day to keep me busy, but not so much that I'm overwhelmed. The management shows their appreciation with outings for the employees like discounted tickets to Six Flags, fun nights with games and food at Alley Cats, etc. Overall, working for AOA has been a very good experience.
Pros
They have a generous 401K program, opportunity for advancement, and quarterly employee recognition.
Cons
Health insurance is a bit high; would like to see work-from-home positions considered.
Excellent Place to Work - Tons of Amazing People
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2018
This is terrific place to work and full of amazing people who do amazing things. We constantly change people's lives by getting them back to walking, swinging, running, lifting, and playing. It's truly an amazing place to work!

Management spend a lot of time reflecting on people's wishes and the physicians find fun and creative ways of letting the staff they know they care - family fun days, six flags trips, holiday parties, etc.
Pros
Great work Culture, tons of amazing people
Cons
Tight Spaces
Great teamwork
Billing Department (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 24, 2018
I have worked for AOA for a few years and have held a few different positions. It is great to know there is room for growth and they will hire within. I have made great friends here and feel comfortable going to my supervisor or previous supervisor for any questions or help. It is a great teamwork atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, teamwork
Cons
High healthcare
Great company
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 17, 2018
This was an awesome company to work for.They held meeting to get feedback from employees about what they could do better and the food perks were definitely a plus.
Excellent place to Work
Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 31, 2018
Positive Interactions with CEO and Board. Great staff all around. Several locations around the DFW metro with new locations opening every year. Fast expansion if you work hard enough.
Pros
Expansion, Growth, Relaxed
Cons
Several philosophical differences among owners
Great Workplace
Marketing Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 14, 2018
Quick paced but fair, and everyone is more than happy to answer any questions. They care a great deal about employee satisfaction and while I was there, I helped organize a whole employee appreciation week.
Insurance Verification and Preauthorization (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2018
A very high paced and multitasking job. A large and busy work load. Fun but serious atmosphere. I gained medical insurance verification and authorization knowledge. Some durable medical equipment knowledge. Working schedules to adapt to patients needs as well as company goals. Trouble shooting patients and coworker concerns and issues. Great management. Always available and knowledgeable when advice is needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4