Arlington Properties, Inc. Employee Reviews

We are a fun loving "Family"
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2018
I have been working for Arlington Properties now for 5 months. My job is housekeeping & part of the maintenance team. I feel I am always treated as a team player and my opinions matter. The pay is fair, we get incentives once a month, yearly bonus & sick time if needed. The management team & office staff are amazing people who take time out to get to know you as a person instead of just an employee. They are truly like family to me.
Pros
Monthly incentives, breakfast on occasion. Golf cart cover for bad weather, winter coats to keep us warm
Cons
in future maybe the need for another housekeeper in busy months.
Relaxed workplace where you feel valued
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2018
I have worked with Arlington Properties for the past 4 years of my 13 year career in the Property Management Industry. I have never felt more valued as not only an employee but also as a person. The management team quickly addresses any concerns you may have and encourages your feedback. My fellow colleagues, as well as the upper management team, quickly became extended family over the past several years. Arlington Properties believes and invests in their associates. They encourage and support you in continued education and are always willing to go the extra mile for our associates, residents and fellow industry colleagues. This is by far the best company I have ever had the privilege of working with. #multifamilystrong
Pros
Competitive pay, respectful, collaborative management style
Excellent employer with culture of integrity and accountability
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 25, 2018
I have served this company in several roles over the last five years, and am looking forward to many more years of service. Company culture is second to none, and the executives and upper management group are people of integrity who are a pleasure to work with. Compensation is fair, and employees who perform well are given opportunities for recognition and advancement. Expectations are high, and anyone who does not succeed in the company is likely either not a good match for the culture or not a high performer. Arlington lives up to its motto "Integrity Uncompromised," and it shows in their record of 50 years of success in the industry. I have been contacted by other companies multiple times during my tenure with Arlington, and have absolutely zero interest in leaving.
Great, caring company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2018
The company genuinely appreciates you. They offer support to local charities, and encourage their associates do the same. They offer great benefits to their employees. While they do focus on results, there is room for fun among the properties. I think that helps cut down on stressful situations.
Pros
Benefits, time off
A Company that invest in its employees.
Resident Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2018
Working for Arlington is such a great opportunity. They will invest time and effort into properly educating you and allow you to learn so many aspects of Property Management! A typical day at work can be hectic and can be very fast paced but Arlington builds great teams at their properties that are collaborative and supportive. Management has always had the properties and employees in mind when it comes to any implementation or changes. You will learn so much and gain many professional relationships that will be important to you if you plan on making a career in Property Management.

The benefits are fantastic and is one of the few companies that still has sick days.We have Holidays off and you will meet all walks of life which if you love people will be so important to you.
Pros
benefits, sick days, education, team builders
Cons
can be stressful
Relaxed nobody constantly riding your back.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2018
I've only been with them for just over a month but from what I've seen they have other management companies in this area beat by a mile with what they offer their employees.
Pros
Better than average pay and benefits for this area.
Cons
Only three people in the call rotation
productive and fun workplace
Maintanance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2018
early morning checking the liability report for move in and out, checking for emergencies and work orders to be completed in 24 hours, make sure grounds, amenities and pool are cleaned, getting ready the apt in 3 to 4 days depend on conditions, keeping all inspection books updated like roof leak, lights, mold, Freon log, fire inspections, having good communication with manager all the time.
Best Company I have worked for in MultiFamily
Leasing Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2018
You can't go wrong with Arlington! By far the best company I have worked for in the multifamily with great leadership, management, and benefits. Highly recommend!
Fantastic place to work with a friendly environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 2, 2018
I would recommend Arlington to anyone with a knack for sales and a go get em attitude. They are always expanding and have an incredible pool of talented people to help you move up in your career.
Very Difficult Working Environment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2018
Very disappointed in my experience with this company. Long hours and no training or support from upper management. Fair Housing laws broken on every level.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Hours, Low support and experience from coworkers.
Great location
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 15, 2018
Great place to work and the company is great. No weekend and time to spend with your family. Just make sure you do your job and send in your reports and you will be ok.
Pros
Salary
Run away
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 25, 2018
Worse company to work for sorry managers and assistant managers. And don’t expect the regional manager or anyone to have your back when you come to them with any problem
Apartment Maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2017
I would have to work on call and go and fix issues such as water leaks, etc. all times during the night. The residents were very nice but I was not getting paid for the work I was performing.
Arlington Properties
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 11, 2017
Great management company to work for. Great incentives! The company does care for you and understands. They will help you in every way they can. They will also put you through training.
Worst company ever to work for
Leasing (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 18, 2016
Zero support from management
Management is not trustworthy, will lie to your face
Watch your back and find another job if you are hired
All managers are "best friends" and if you aren't included in the management "click" you will be fired
They do not give you the opportunity to stand up for yourself
Management staff is very rude, disrespectful, degrading to staff and very unprofessional
Cons
Great relationship building and join a new community
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35226March 2, 2017
Arlington Properties is a great management company that likes to promote from within the community. They do training and evaluations for there employees often and expect the best from all who work for them.
Pros
its a community
Cons
heath care is expensive
Creative environment
Regional Manager - Property Management Division (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 7, 2015
Creative environment
Fast paced and exciting
Promotes opportunity for growth and advancement
Worked with good professional management companies
Pros
Allows creativity and promotes growth socially and professionally.
Cons
Problem solving, budget preparation, and sell of properties can be challenging.
Senior Manager
Senior Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaSeptember 6, 2012
Currently responsible for the operation/management of a 104 unit property in Birmingham, AL; as well as assisting regional manager with 18 apartment communities throughout Alabama. This portfolio includes the following housing programs: tax credits and project-based Section 8.
Pros
values
Cons
advancement
Great company but poor site managemant
Maintenance/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2015
Over all Arlington is a vary good company, but site management can be poor.Good start pay,paid training,and bonuses. Co - workers are vary friendly,some over time is required but that is part of the job.
Pros
paid training
Cons
poor site management
Proactive.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Forestdale, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Good company to work for. The vacation time and sick time was excellent. The people were friendly at all times. On-call could have been cut way down by performing maintenance on a regular basis.
Pros
Sometime would buy our lunches.
Cons
On-call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arlington Properties, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.