Arlington Public Schools

Arlington Public Schools Employee Reviews

Environment
Between the staff it was great team work and communication and we all get along great. The kids are good each kid is their own way. But the hours are not great so meaning a small pay check.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Supervisor and hours
Presenter/tainer for a curriculum
I was a presenter and trainer for a curriculum company, Lab-aids / SEPUP. Because my resume lists these places as places I led conferences and did training and/or presenting, INdeed requires me to write about my experience here.
Trained me well
I was able to receive a lot of hands-on training and was able to make some very good connections in this district. I really enjoyed working in and had gained very good experience.
Great place to work.
A typical work day consist of great kids and a healthy work environment. The district is small but mighty. I learned a lot working in Arlington Public Schools.
Great Educational Institution
Wonderful experience. Great work conditions. Offers a variety of internal and external opportunities to further your experience and education. Good benefits.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Arlington Extended Day
The extended day was run like a zoo! No one really cared until they saw an inspector on the premises. Then they ran around with their heads cut off trying to fix the things they knew were wrong the whole time. We would fill out accident reports and give them to them to complete and they wouldn't complete them.
Pros
Working monday through Friday
Cons
Not enough people caring just there for the paycheck
Great place
Great place to work friendly coworkers great benefits room to grow plenty of trainings and education opportunities especially if you love working with children
Excellent
I actually love this job, You get to know endless cultures about every child. I learn so much working with Arlington Public Schools. I would recommend to work for Extended day Aide.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arlington Public Schools?
Stressful and difficult job
Management is poor at best. Not trained in people skilled managed by intimidation. The district top heavy with high level supervisors, assistants to the assistants without knowledge or educational background. No respect for teacher from administration. No respect from the public or students.
Pros
Not a desk job, teaching children to love learning
Cons
No restroom breaks, many extra meetings trainings no extra pay, no support from administration, no rewards or confirmation on excellent work
Horrible supervisors and pay
Upper echelon management from the Principal to the Superintendent are weak willed and will not support their staff, especially involving parental complaints. They operate on a quality points system and students can fail and still pass which is not beneficial to anyone. Grading and discipline are inconsistent to say the least which causes serious issues with students.
They do not pay enough for most staff to live in the area but if you have your Ph.D you are set to make six figures after a few years.
Pros
Some students are awesome to work with
Cons
Supervisors don’t support staff
High Expectations
High expectations for teachers and students; supportive of professional development; collaborative environment; current technology for instruction; open door communication with administration
Pros
Professional Development
Review
Depends on the position but drive at work, set up for the day, pick up students (breakfast if needed), morning retune, school activities (various courses), take students to lunch, (work outside recesses duty 30 minutes), pick up from lunch, take my lunch, afternoon activities, then put on buss for home. End of day cleanup and discussion for that day and next, next day prep, go home.
Wasn't a very organized place to work..but i had no problem with going in doing my job & loved what i did..if you work second shift you didn't know what time you were getting of
A great place to work
I worked in Arlington Public Schools for 5 year. It was a place where I learned constantly how to improve my teaching skills. Colleagues and administration were more than coworkers, it was your family.
Pros
Supportive administration
Good learning experience
Although it is stressful to be in a room with sometimes 100 children there is never a boring day at work because it is great to engage with the children and get to know them.
productive
Overall the job was fair and reason able.But the company just wanted a lot done in a little amount of time.I'm good with my hands i also can work fast but the deadlines were a little to short
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable
I enjoy going to work knowing that my students are just as happy to see me! I ensure my classroom is warm and welcoming, so that students, staff and parents feel welcome
Good to be part of an important mission.
Good to be part of an important mission. The school system targets students at the elementary, middle and high school education levels, as well as adult learners.
Wonderful Environment
I love my job, the students, and staff. I feel supported, appreciated for my skills and trusted as a professional to manage my courses in an appropriate manner. I will only leave this job if I relocate, otherwise could be happy teaching there indefinitely.
Good
They are a well funded school system that takes care of its emplyees. As an interpreter I rarely go there because I am on call, but when I do I really enjoy working twitch their team.
Great School District to work for
Wonderful school district with great advancement opportunities, great training opportunities, competitive salary and benefits. Overall, positive workplace culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arlington Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.