Armani Exchange Employee Reviews

Good experience but poor management
Retail Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
It was a great job to have once you're past the usually entry level position but due to management there were no guarantee for promotions from within.
Pros
Solid team work, great hours and job stability
Cons
Focus more on recruiting from outside the company rather than promoting from within
productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703September 24, 2018
managers and associates are outgoing, fun, and professional people who excel in they're work place, I learned a lot from everyone in the company and they motivate me to be better
could be challenging or easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2018
Go place to have a start in retail, many things could learn yet, the commission may make thing competitive. Interesting in meeting people from different countrys.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
Nice place for a seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I worked for Armani for a period of 6 months and all I can say is that it is very similar to any other retail establishment. I kept the store clean and did my job.
Great job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for AX. Management was engaging and really worked together to make sure things got done. The commission based environment was a bit extreme which i found to not be my style. The clothes were on point though!
Pros
free clothes
Cons
commission based environment
Team bonding was strong which made it a fun working environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 23, 2018
A typical work day in Armani Exchange consisted of going to work ready to build relationships with clients. We had to communicate with all of our clients to make sure we met their needs in order to meet our store goals.
Guaranteed Hours. Less than inspiring sales/work culture.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Armani Exchange offered a capped commission system that you put way more in than what you get out. You have to make about $18,000 a week in sales just to get $60 dollars in commission that month. Also with a store manager who micromanages to the point of watching the employees on the cameras, that are in place for the purpose of loss prevention, even when not present in the store, it creates an atmosphere of frustration and discomfort. That with the one hour break with it's long nine hour shifts, and two hour closing after the mall is closed became disheartening.
Pros
40% discount.
Cons
Store Management. Insensitivity to employees.
No pros
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
This was the worst job. Hr does nothing to help even when multiple people have complained. Management is lazy and does nothing but blame you for their failures. Very bad corporate and store enviroment.
Amazing company, region is poorly managed
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2018
A|X has made a lot of changes for the good. The corporate office team is always extremely helpful. The quality of the clothing has improved drastically. At the leadership of the SVP, the company has made a lot of improvements. Unfortunately the company in my particular area has gained a very bad reputation due to the lack of leadership from the Regional Manager. She is very unprofessional (with her communication, says inappropriate things a leader shouldn’t say), does not support my store, does not visit, does not have regular one on ones, does not follow up etc. She takes any feedback or suggestions very personal and is very vindictive. This has made many managers and sales and stock associates resign. There has been about 4-5 store managers and other level managers that have resigned since January. There will soon be another manager in the Tampa market that will resign because of her as well. It’s a shame that such a prestigious company and brand has received such bad reputation in Florida because of one person. It makes it impossible to recruit great talent because of the reputation she has created. She provides no support and is a very bad example of what a leader should be. With all the amazing positive changes the company has done so far, I’m hanging in there waiting for a change in leadership soon!
Pros
Great support from corporate office team, great discount, free clothing
Cons
Lack of true leadership in the region, the company needs to open their eyes and see what is really happening.
Nice Clothes, Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 12, 2018
This company has a lot of potential however I would not work on the retail end of it ever again. Aside from the main store manager, who was actually accommodating and reasonable, most of the other employees and managers were very cliquey and stand-offish.

Just like any other retail store the holidays are difficult to get through, besides that it is a fairly easy job. The pay is not good. Also, in the small time frame that I worked there it seemed like there was little opportunity for advancement, not a good look at all.

To try to end on a good note, the most enjoyable part of working at Armani Exchange was getting the employee discount on clothing (which was not the best discount I've ever gotten either).

FYI - the Armani Exchange at Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ no longer exists
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Pay, Poor Management, Little opportunity for Advancement

Want to know more about Armani Exchange?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 9, 2018
fast paced environment
great customer service skills
ability to display creative,fashion and styling
great workplace culture
terrible pay and benefits
hated it
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
i was micromanaged. it was generally very dreadful, no windows, didnt like how serious the manager took the job. very glad to have found a new place of employment
It was okay
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 31, 2018
The company was okay it’s just management the regional manager just hired any old manager to run the store and then when he would leave they ran how they wanted to but the PTO was cool and the benefits was alright
High turn over
Associate Manger (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
They have a high turn over in employees and also in management. They do not have a guide to teach new employees how to sell. Also store manger is never on sales floor.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
na
Very uplifting work enviornment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
I truly enjoyed the time I spent at Arman Exchange. I excelled as a sales associate and was eventually put on the visual team.. I ?moved the flexibility in my schedule the opportunity for extra hours and promotion
Pros
Training, discounts, open door management policy
Retail job
Sale Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 25, 2018
retail job, fold clothes, make sales, meet goals, stay long hours, product knowledge, too many restrictions, you wear a uniform, not sure what else to write
Too competitive, high demanding, and high maintenance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
The workplace was competitive, even the Stock Associates were fighting to make the bonuses (commission). The customers were snotty and would always judge you. Management is a huge mess, especially the Assistant and Store Manager. Walking with high heels the entire day and standing is not fun, always had blisters on my feet and it was uncomfortable. At some point, my feet started to bleed. Training time was far too short and if you didn't make sales, you would get blamed for it.
Pros
Breaks, discount
Cons
Competitive work environment, horrible pay, bad management, and stressful
A poor company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
Armani Exchange does not care about their workers. The hours are flexible but aren’t given to everyone. There is no option for raises or promotions for the workers.
Pros
Trade for uniforms every month
Cons
No potential for growth
Pay
Full-time, Stock lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 31, 2018
It needs better pay! Some of the workers work really hard for just a minimum wage. Our supervisor was great and she worked with me pretty well. I was always there to help her out.
helped me grow and develop
Associate Manager/ Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 30, 2018
the company takes pride of its brand and people. i enjoyed working there but advancement was difficult and i was relocated multiple times with no salary increase in 6 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armani Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight