Armani Exchange Employee Reviews

good part time gig
Sales Associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2019
cant raise a family or live a comfortable life but it is better than most low end jobs.
cool coworker relations yet competative.
great to build wardrobe since AX offers excellent employee discounts.
Pros
free monthly outfit
Cons
low pay
Family oriented work environment
CO- MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2019
While working as a co manager for armani exchange it seemed like a giant family rather than co workers. We worked as a team to acheieve sales goals and to finish merchandising projects.
VISUAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at work is pretty laid back unless it gets busy. Working there has helped me get out of mt timidness and voice my opinion about certain topics. Management needs to balance professionalism and being too personal and open with employees. it has a diverse culture as people from various backgrounds work there. There's not really anything hard about working there.
Very professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2019
I loved working here up learned a lot from this place . Very exiting to work here and one of the most professional environments I have even worked at .
Do not apply here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Save your time and effort seeking employment here. They micromanage a great deal, as well as have narcissistic employers(management) . They honestly treated me poorly, as well as gossip exceedingly. You are not able to properly function, nor perform without management always watching you from afar, nor stoping you in the midst of working. Truly, no one can show what they are capable of ,nor hired to do without being scoulded and having lack of integrity in you, that you are able to execute the task . That being said there is no growth. The environment was rather cut- throat, just to make goal it was very competitive I would say. They also lack professionalism there. Instead of being able to look up to management, it is as if they are not properly leading by example. This includes inappropriate conversations; as well as gossip(about employees and customers) As stated before, I can honestly advise you to save your time and effort, it truly is not worth it. Do not settle.
Pros
Hour long break
Cons
-Everything - management -micromanaging -gossip
Fun place but can be stressful
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I learned how to compete along co workers but also not be selfish with each others. Help one another and a lot of one on one with customers. The hardest part was sales because that's how you get your money (comission)
Just a job for getting by.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 30, 2018
Hours can vary from not enough to live on to overwhelming and awkward. Not really worth the pay. There's very strict guidelines to follow with high expectations but not the compensation to match.
Stocking Clerk
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 27, 2018
Started as a stocking clerk working then I became number 10 salesman and retail in South Florida I got promoted to visual supervisor where I was set up two displays
productive fun work growing environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 26, 2018
Great work environment, excellent staff. Lots of room to grow within the company. I learned a lot within the company and about myself working with the team I did!
Fun
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2018
Was a fun store to work at. High volume always busy. Had great energetic people working there. Regional manager is amazing. She fights for her people.
ehhh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CANovember 11, 2018
was a seasonal worker. they don't really care for their seasonal workers. nor do they really help with training. its been a couple years now since i've worked there so i dont know how much has changed.
Pros
free work clothes
Cons
lack of management
No sleep and mangement could care less
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 9, 2018
My shift was between the hours of two am to two in the afternoon, you go in and set up the store and clean only to have customers dismantle everything and throw trash on the floor. I had a serious issue with the time of the shift due to the lack of sleep and energy. You would arrive home by three and fall asleep due to waking up early only to wake up at nine at night just fall asleep and do over again the next day, five days a week, and you have to fall asleep early Sunday to report to work on time the next day.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything
Typical retail
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2018
Nice products and management and atmosphere was good. Nothing great or bad to say about the job. Typical commission based retail position. Pleasant overall.
Pros
Nice products and discounts
Cons
Management a bit pushy at times
Good experience but poor management
Retail Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
It was a great job to have once you're past the usually entry level position but due to management there were no guarantee for promotions from within.
Pros
Solid team work, great hours and job stability
Cons
Focus more on recruiting from outside the company rather than promoting from within
productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703September 24, 2018
managers and associates are outgoing, fun, and professional people who excel in they're work place, I learned a lot from everyone in the company and they motivate me to be better
could be challenging or easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2018
Go place to have a start in retail, many things could learn yet, the commission may make thing competitive. Interesting in meeting people from different countrys.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
Nice place for a seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I worked for Armani for a period of 6 months and all I can say is that it is very similar to any other retail establishment. I kept the store clean and did my job.
Great job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for AX. Management was engaging and really worked together to make sure things got done. The commission based environment was a bit extreme which i found to not be my style. The clothes were on point though!
Pros
free clothes
Cons
commission based environment
Team bonding was strong which made it a fun working environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 23, 2018
A typical work day in Armani Exchange consisted of going to work ready to build relationships with clients. We had to communicate with all of our clients to make sure we met their needs in order to meet our store goals.
Guaranteed Hours. Less than inspiring sales/work culture.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Armani Exchange offered a capped commission system that you put way more in than what you get out. You have to make about $18,000 a week in sales just to get $60 dollars in commission that month. Also with a store manager who micromanages to the point of watching the employees on the cameras, that are in place for the purpose of loss prevention, even when not present in the store, it creates an atmosphere of frustration and discomfort. That with the one hour break with it's long nine hour shifts, and two hour closing after the mall is closed became disheartening.
Pros
40% discount.
Cons
Store Management. Insensitivity to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armani Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight