Armed Forces Bank Employee Reviews

Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 18, 2018
too bad they closed the branch great people to work with, all understanding with personal problems, i loved working for armed forces bank i learned alot from them where i worked at.
Awesome opportunity to develop professional customer service skills.
Level 4/Advanced agent (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Easy job if you follow your training, the programs are awesome. I got moved up at a very regular pace. If you show you want to advance and learn the product you will get your chance. Office culture was great, friendly, and productive.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, all the tools you need to function at your job are readily available.
Cons
I can't really think of any. Maybe one more dollar per hour than they paid.
Credit advisor
Account Relationship Specialist / Banker/Sales (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSAugust 21, 2018
helping valued customers with critical credit advice. Helping clients improve their credit score and education. Loved helping people to ensure financial excellence.
Pros
Helping clients gain financial freedom
Cons
company changing policies and not informing the clients
It was ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 30, 2018
A lot of on the phone with customers and customers get Brave over the phone so you will be yelled at but management overall was pretty good I would go back but they sold out the company or the call center
Productive and fun with a radio.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALJuly 26, 2018
Opening accounts, closing accounts, depositing checks, giving people there account balances. Reloaded the ATM all over the base .Learning how to open be a better teller.
Great management, poor pay
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 20, 2018
I loved my management and team members, it was a fun place to work. I however did not like the pay and the fact we were short handed so it was hard to get a day off.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Very funny place to work if you had the right people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 17, 2018
it was a good job but the co-workers there act like you was in high school all over again not very business wise if you ask me. I love working there will work there again but i have to see if there are working co-workers are high school co-worker.
So Much Potential
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 13, 2018
Armed Forces Bank has the potential to be a great workplace, but the pay for the work load just doesn't balance. There's minimal recognition for you hard work and the when you are acknowledged the work you do is never enough. It's not all bad though; I'll admit some of the information I learned on the job is great and even helped in my personal life. However, depending on the day of the week and time of the month it can be pretty stressful and overwhelming. The hardest part of the job is usually around the first week of the month because so many people are at the bank at once. Little to no error is acceptable, so attention to detail is a must. The branch I worked at was great. The staff was amazing and we kind of made our own little family. We bumped heads here and there and had a few miscommunications, but for the most part the work environment wasn't all too bad. If the company itself could pay the employee's an acceptable pay it wouldn't be too bad.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short Breaks, Inconsistent Hours, Low Pay
Loved Moody AFBank
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GA 31699June 20, 2018
I had the pleasure of working at Moody AFBank for over a year and a half. The manager was very friendly and professional. She was an excellent mentor and teacher. I learned a lot at AFBank.
Pros
Great pay, part time
Cons
No healthcare, no overtime
Great Leadership
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMay 30, 2018
A day working in this bank consisted of helping customers and working as part of a team.This employer takes care of employees and is one I would recommend to my friends.
Loved my armed forces coworkers.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 14, 2018
I loved the people I worked with along with the customers. However I feel like we were not properly compensated and Management did not truly care about putting time into pursuing the growth of the branch.
Professional Atmosphere
BANK TELLER/ SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort CarsonMay 12, 2018
Nice place to work, does have its challenges. surrounded by Soldiers. The manager has been there for a long time and has a lot of experience. There is a high turnover, due to deployments and staff relocating with family members who have other assignments.
Pros
Professional Atmosphere, Advancement Opportunities, Great Managment
Cons
High turnover in staff
Nice place to gain experience
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 12, 2018
Good place to work, I gained lot of experience in banking. Was able to create a nice network and meet quite a few people. The only thing I really wish they would improve is paying their employees more then they do.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Do not work here
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMay 11, 2018
Worst employer I ever had. It was extremely slow but no one cared. There was no training. The management is utterly lacking. The higher up management never even considered us. When he showed up he would crude and his appearance was dirty.
Cons
everything, management especially
Horrible management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVMay 1, 2018
Management is horrible, you will never meet anyone else other than the ones you work with at the branch. Management is greedy and don't care about their employees. Benefits are not great.
Flexible Schedule
Personal Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAApril 25, 2018
Calm environment, flexible, poor management,great clientele pay could have been better not just for part time but as well as for full time employees learned valuable skills that i took with me to other career opportunities
Pros
great clientele and schedule
Cons
poor pay and managment
Good business to learn basics of banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 26, 2018
I would work for them again if needed. I learned a lot in this company. They worked well with my hours and I was able to be out of work on time to get my children from school. There wasn't much room to grow in the company.
Military spouse friendly
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
I liked how it was military spouse friendly. I was trained on the job. Great working environment. The manager treated us fairly no matter what race.
What I learned
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 10, 2017
You are only a teller
Hostile environment
Poor management
They take advantage of you
Do not show appreciation
Unprofessional treatment
Either slow or very stressful
All you do as a personal banker is count money
Not enough customers to sell products and services
Additional duties are not disclosed during interview
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay, lack of hours, no career advancement, poor management, hostile environment.
Fun place to work. Had lots of Pot Luck lunches.
Mary Ann (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth County, KSDecember 7, 2017
Customer service is always a difficult job but with good managers and good reference skills it was a fun job. Very interesting culture of people to work with. All mostly had some sort of Military connections.
Pros
Pretty laid back at times but the stress times were on point.
Cons
Driving so far to get to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armed Forces Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight