Armed Forces Bank Employee Reviews

Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WANovember 16, 2018
Right after I got hired, I found out that I was pregnant with mournsecond child. I worked all the way through my pregnancy. The bank was great with working with me if I had an appointment. When I was about 7 month pregnant, my husband came down on orders to move so I had to leave my job after I had our son.
Part Time Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WANovember 14, 2018
I do enjoy working here for the most part. Although the pay isn’t the best, Armed Forces does hire even with no experience and I believe the pay is the reflection of that. I have great relationships with most of my coworkers here and even if I dread to come into work some days, once I’m there I am in a better mood and I think that is because of the people I work with. However, management isn’t always the best. Most of the managers are great however there is one specific manager that clashes with quite a few of the employees. Some of the things she tells us to do, I do not agree with. Such as telling us that we shouldn’t give the customers the option to open a savings because it comes with the checking. I understand we need to push to sell them as packages but sometimes customers genuinely can’t afford to have a savings account so they should not be forced to have one.
Pros
Hired with no experience, great work relationships
Cons
Pay isn’t that great, and some management isn’t the best.
Great branch for a decent company with horrible pay
Full Time Associate/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WANovember 14, 2018
My only real complaint about the company is the pay. Which wouldn't be as big as a problem for me if it was somewhat competitive. It feels like we have to work harder and be with the company longer to be paid the same as a starting teller at most of these other banks. We lose many good employees because they find better paying jobs. Besides that, the hours are great and the management team will work with your schedule if need be. Co-workers are great, benefits are decent, environment is overall friendly. Better pay would go a long way.
Pros
Good hours, Great team, Friendly enviroment
Cons
Horrible Pay
Great working atmosphere
Personal banker / Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYNovember 8, 2018
My manager is a good person and geniuinly cares about people, we have a great team right now and that makes for a wonderful place to work. Everyone pulls their weight and does what's best for the clients
Pros
vaction/leave time, hours of opperation
Great Company
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2018
AFB is a great company to work for that is dedicated to serving its clients and military communities. Personal Bankers enjoy a good balance between helping clients with everyday teller transactions, and also helping our clients meet their financial goals by suggesting and opening accounts and products.
Great company that cares about the Associates, has the client's best interest at heart, provides wonderful products that make sense
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2018
I have worked for Armed Forces Bank for about 12 years and it has been the best career move in my 30+ years in banking. The senior leadership at this bank is personable and does the right thing for Associates and clients. The products cater to the military families, with a focus on savings, financial education, establishing credit and VA loans. The bank does a lot of great things to celebrate and does a fantastic job giving back to the communities we serve, including Associate Appreciation events, recognition for Customer Service excellence, Military Saves Week, Random Acts of Kindness and many other charitable organizations that are supported. I am proud to work for this bank as we have been recognized as the Bank of the Year for many consecutive years for all branches of service.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great 401K program, opinions matter, effective leadership
Cons
Career advancement opportunities are limited, locations primarily on military installations, challenging to inform people that civilians can bank with Armed Forces Bank
Personal banker I (Current Employee) –  Luke AFBNovember 6, 2018
The work environment is not very stressful and the team I work with collaborate very well together. Even if it’s a slow day, there’s always something to do, whether it’s our training courses or handing out fliers to have our bank’s name put out there. I have only been there for 5 months, but I’ve had no real complaints about the job itself.
Pros
Benefits if full time, very professional, incentives for product sales
Cons
No benefits if part time
Family Feel
Personal Banker and Teller (Current Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
In the short time I have been working at Armed Forces bank, it feels like family & I absolutely love it. I love the team and my boss. The more I talk about work, the more I realize that what I have found isn't that common. I am so grateful for my job and for my awesome co-workers. You will for sure thrive in this family culture!
Pros
friendly and family- like environment
Cons
If you are part time, no benefits.
Great company to work for
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSNovember 5, 2018
Great company to work for - love working with our Clients and assisting with their financial needs. I had no banking experience when I applied but because of my past experience in a position with a former employer I was hired in as a lead teller and have continued to advance my career with Armed Forces Bank.
Pros
401k and health benefits, 10 holidays per year (pd for ft associates), co-workers, management team
Cons
high turnover at our Branch due to Associates leaving to go to higher paying jobs
Best place to work... hands down!
Military Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSNovember 5, 2018
I have currently been employed by Armed Forces Bank for approx a year and a half and I absolutely love my job! My manager is amazing and does so much to make sure all of her employees are growing and learning new things all the time. The company has some great incentives for opening new accounts/loans and really works well together to get things done for the client. I have really enjoyed meeting so many amazing people within the company. Every one of my superiors are great people that I really feel like I can talk to if a situation would arise I needed help or advice with. I have enjoyed my time at Armed Forces Bank and can’t wait to see what my futures holds with the company!
Pros
Incentives, Amazing management
Work load depends on day and area
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard woodNovember 5, 2018
Armed forces bank is a good starter bank to work with. I say starter because there isnt a whole lot of room for advancement because there are only a few people who work at each branch. But i like that higher management is reachable and helps you out if they can.
Pros
Great people to work with, easy to learn, constant training
Cons
Lack of career advancement, shift in policies with no warning
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 18, 2018
too bad they closed the branch great people to work with, all understanding with personal problems, i loved working for armed forces bank i learned alot from them where i worked at.
Awesome opportunity to develop professional customer service skills.
Level 4/Advanced agent (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Easy job if you follow your training, the programs are awesome. I got moved up at a very regular pace. If you show you want to advance and learn the product you will get your chance. Office culture was great, friendly, and productive.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, all the tools you need to function at your job are readily available.
Cons
I can't really think of any. Maybe one more dollar per hour than they paid.
Credit advisor
Account Relationship Specialist / Banker/Sales (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSAugust 21, 2018
helping valued customers with critical credit advice. Helping clients improve their credit score and education. Loved helping people to ensure financial excellence.
Pros
Helping clients gain financial freedom
Cons
company changing policies and not informing the clients
It was ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 30, 2018
A lot of on the phone with customers and customers get Brave over the phone so you will be yelled at but management overall was pretty good I would go back but they sold out the company or the call center
Productive and fun with a radio.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALJuly 26, 2018
Opening accounts, closing accounts, depositing checks, giving people there account balances. Reloaded the ATM all over the base .Learning how to open be a better teller.
Great management, poor pay
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 20, 2018
I loved my management and team members, it was a fun place to work. I however did not like the pay and the fact we were short handed so it was hard to get a day off.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Very funny place to work if you had the right people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 17, 2018
it was a good job but the co-workers there act like you was in high school all over again not very business wise if you ask me. I love working there will work there again but i have to see if there are working co-workers are high school co-worker.
So Much Potential
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 13, 2018
Armed Forces Bank has the potential to be a great workplace, but the pay for the work load just doesn't balance. There's minimal recognition for you hard work and the when you are acknowledged the work you do is never enough. It's not all bad though; I'll admit some of the information I learned on the job is great and even helped in my personal life. However, depending on the day of the week and time of the month it can be pretty stressful and overwhelming. The hardest part of the job is usually around the first week of the month because so many people are at the bank at once. Little to no error is acceptable, so attention to detail is a must. The branch I worked at was great. The staff was amazing and we kind of made our own little family. We bumped heads here and there and had a few miscommunications, but for the most part the work environment wasn't all too bad. If the company itself could pay the employee's an acceptable pay it wouldn't be too bad.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short Breaks, Inconsistent Hours, Low Pay
Loved Moody AFBank
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GA 31699June 20, 2018
I had the pleasure of working at Moody AFBank for over a year and a half. The manager was very friendly and professional. She was an excellent mentor and teacher. I learned a lot at AFBank.
Pros
Great pay, part time
Cons
No healthcare, no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armed Forces Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight