Armed Forces Bank Employee Reviews

Good business to learn basics of banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 26, 2018
I would work for them again if needed. I learned a lot in this company. They worked well with my hours and I was able to be out of work on time to get my children from school. There wasn't much room to grow in the company.
Military spouse friendly
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
I liked how it was military spouse friendly. I was trained on the job. Great working environment. The manager treated us fairly no matter what race.
What I learned
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 10, 2017
You are only a teller
Hostile environment
Poor management
They take advantage of you
Do not show appreciation
Unprofessional treatment
Either slow or very stressful
All you do as a personal banker is count money
Not enough customers to sell products and services
Additional duties are not disclosed during interview
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay, lack of hours, no career advancement, poor management, hostile environment.
Fun place to work. Had lots of Pot Luck lunches.
Mary Ann (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth County, KSDecember 7, 2017
Customer service is always a difficult job but with good managers and good reference skills it was a fun job. Very interesting culture of people to work with. All mostly had some sort of Military connections.
Pros
Pretty laid back at times but the stress times were on point.
Cons
Driving so far to get to work.
I love working for Armed Forces!
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 3, 2017
I LOVE BEING A PERSONAL BANKER! Unfortunately, the pay isn't enough to live off of. I literally beg for more hours but due to restrictions, I am never rewarded with extra hours.
Poor management all the way up.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  USAF Academy, COOctober 12, 2017
Compensation was not worth the time or commute, management never supported customer-facing employees, and upper management set unrealistic sales goals for our particular location, knowing full well that we were on a college campus and hardly had customers the month of December and through the summer breaks.
Great company with advancement opportunities
Workout Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSOctober 9, 2017
I highly enjoyed my stay with stay. I was able to advance quickly and built some great relationships along the way. Going back into banking would be a great opportunity.
Job
RBR/Teller/ Promoted to Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2017
Great people, nice place to work. Hours was not the beat but it was a job. Met at lot of good people and stayed in touch with a few. Will recommend this job to others
Management does not listen to their employees
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 22, 2017
The work environment can be cut-throat. The job did have its perks but there was too much work piled on Supervisors. The most difficult part of the job was as a supervisor is you were expected to do things you did not feel comfortable with. As an example; writing an employee up for a system error, if it could not be proven the employee was automatically written up.
Pros
Working with great employees
Cons
Unfair discipline
Job at risk
Present Consumer Collector I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2017
The communication is no where to be found in the company. They do not have goals for their employee's,procedures written as they go along. The stress level is high, because no on knows if they have a job when they walk in the door.
Cons

Want to know more about Armed Forces Bank?

Ask a question
I really enjoyed the job
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 6, 2017
The job was very rewarding, and I had the opportunity to learn a number of key technologies while they were still considered "disruptive". The IT organization within this company was perhaps the most flexible with hours and time off.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of bonus or profit sharing
process loans and keep correspondence records
Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSAugust 3, 2017
Assist loan officers by preparing loan documents and funding accounts. Send correspondence to customers on behalf of the loan officers. Ensure titles or collateral liens were in place as needed.
Pros
Health and 401K
Cons
Unable to flex time
Armed Forces Bank
Administrative Assistant / Data Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2017
This was my first job with a financial institution and the experiences I received from this job were a benefit to move in my the right career path....
It is a job that doesn't pay the bills
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAAugust 1, 2017
They expect you to know things about a job that you are new at. There is not much to do. Just the same everyday.
Nice Place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 26, 2017
Nice Place to work. No benefits the time I was there although at that time I was also part time so it makes sense. I worked different shifts which I prefer one set schedule.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Different shift hours
fun workplace but were understaffed compromising work/life balance
JBLM- supervisor/teller (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJuly 1, 2017
a good learning experience but towards the end things kind of stared to fall apart as the branch was closing. i learned many things and most coworkers were fun to work with. customers were also mostly nice as most were retired military and their spouses.
Retention Department
Product Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ft Leavnwrth, KSJune 20, 2017
The mission of this department is to help new recruits joining the military in setting up a checking account for their direct deposits. The department works closely with their customers to ensure they understand the simple checking account and all other products available to them. The work load can be high at times with large reports, management previously went for quantity not quality but with new management changes can be seen to gear the work towards quality customer service and correspondence.
Cons
Not able to get promoted or move up in the department
Lots to Learn
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAMay 25, 2017
It is was a busy and fast pased environment. Requries great detail and attention. I enjoyed the people I worked with and althought it was a part-time position, I was able to grow.
Not willing to work with military families.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley North, KSMay 16, 2017
Not a fun place to work. Odd hours and not willing to work with military families. Hiring all the time and no one seemed to stay. Management didn't really have clue what to do. Wouldn't go back.
terrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMay 11, 2017
Dont work here. They are slowly switching to computers and replacing the tellers, not busy and there is no room for advancement. I also did not like fighting gate traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armed Forces Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight